NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lifting a 93 SN off the ground

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2014 at 11:34pm
I still can't believe SkiDIM pushes those quick drain valves. 1 out of every 4 drain plugs I pull is stopped up at least partially... How do you probe with one of those valves in place? It takes 2 minutes to drain all the water "the hard way", sheesh.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2014 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Orlando76 Orlando76 wrote:

I'm not much use on this because I know more about the female brain than I do computers but

been married to Ms Patti for 39 years this fall and still know less about females than I do computers.....and we all know what the level of my computer skill is.

this thread is even better than a 'barn find'

'honey..I bought you a nice piece of property and oh by the way there is a boat sitting there..just needs a little work'

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Airfooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2014 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I still can't believe SkiDIM pushes those quick drain valves. 1 out of every 4 drain plugs I pull is stopped up at least partially... How do you probe with one of those valves in place? It takes 2 minutes to drain all the water "the hard way", sheesh.

That's why I put my own together. I have 1/2" ball valves on the exhaust manifolds, 1/4" in the block, and no hose barbs. Debris was a concern when I installed them...
1992 Nautique Excel
aupatking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aupatking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2014 at 12:43am
Haha, yeah, I had to come up with "the plan" for this boat before I could even tell her I got it. I was a little scared. I'm still expecting a water moccasin to come out of it at any moment. Seriously. I didn't mention, I'm still on crutches from slalom boots not releasing, after 4 months, so her love for ski boats is probably at an all time low.
It was a long day picking it up, but I'm just so excited. I'm giving it to my uncle for a project for him and his boys, and grand boys. His oldest was a hell of a slalom skier and I need another nautique out there with us to ski behind. Even if I have to do most of it myself
Capn Dan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capn Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2014 at 10:07am

Ok hopefully yall can see these photos. If not I am sure you will let me know. The engine as I bought it started pumping oil into the bilge. After a lot of research I decided to pull the engine and took it to a local machine shop in Anderson, SC. A 79 year old mechanic DeWitt Walls, tore the engine down and found the culpret to be bad rings. No damage to the engine. He also found the engine had been balanced, was bored 60 over and was in really good shape. All new bearings, new oil pump and shaft and of course all new gaskets and seals. She has electronic ignition and the intake was changed from the old two carb setup (still have it) to a single Holley four barrel. She will still hit 43 MPH and get there pretty quick.
Capn Dan
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2014 at 10:12am
Thats a nice 1st gen ski! So happy there is another one out there!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2014 at 11:13am
Beautiful boat Sir!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 2:05am
Originally posted by aupatking aupatking wrote:

I didn't mention, I'm still on crutches from slalom boots not releasing, after 4 months, so her love for ski boats is probably at an all time low.

holy cow....and you did all this jackin' and liftin' work? Wow..impressed.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 9:47am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I still can't believe SkiDIM pushes those quick drain valves.

Plus 1

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
aupatking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aupatking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 1:34pm
Like I said, I wanted the boat. . Maybe I should have said, I really wanted the boat! lol
That was my dream boat as a kid. I went to the masters that year and watched my heroes skiing behind it. Now, it obviously wasn't the tournament boat itself, but I still couldn't leave her there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic