NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New guy, Newish Boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678>
Author
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 7:02pm
You wife is gonna kick your azz halfway down the street when she finds out what you did with her vacuum!
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2015 at 7:09pm
Haha, I bought the damn thing and we have a maid that brings her own but I still got in trouble.

She told me I should just buy her a new one and I could keep that one for garage use... I laughed and bought a shop vac the next day.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2015 at 12:27am
You just don't tell them your using the good vacuum

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2015 at 2:31am
Wow. This is amazing, and oddly familiar. Keep up the good work! That first trip on the lake will be a joy like no other.

Kevin
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2015 at 2:28pm
Thanks and we are really excited.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2015 at 3:04pm
Did you purchase Tracy's engine?

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2015 at 3:11pm
Yep...

Decent enough deal. Pictures and Inspection of the motor were great and he/ the shop pulling it have both been super helpful.

Now I just impatiently wait for it to show up

I was still fine with rebuilding what I have but a drop in motor that had been treated and maintained well for a decent deal sounded even better.

I'd like to have a running boat that I can work on some of the other resto stuff when I have time and enjoy it on the water too. I was stressing out a bit about having it running before the warmer months. Work got even more busy than it already was, wife is about to start nursing school, and the boy is an active little critter.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2015 at 5:45pm
All this reminded me... My boat was updated to Faria Guages with a paddle wheel speedo. The used motor i'm purchasing is going to include the perfect pass. Will the speedo and PP both use the same paddle wheel? Forgive my ignorance but I've never had anything with PP.

From his for sale ad it appears to be an older PP system that has been upgraded with a "6.0 chip".

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2015 at 6:01pm
Did the donor boat use a Gateway box or was it a more traditional dash setup?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2015 at 6:11pm
Brian, does that always make a difference?? My 05' has a Gateway, Pitots, PP & a Paddlewheel.

The PP and the Gauges will both need the Paddlewheel.

Did the seller include the PP multi-line display also?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2015 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Did the donor boat use a Gateway box or was it a more traditional dash setup?

That I don't know.... Has a little square screen on the pictures of his dash...   
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2015 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Brian, does that always make a difference?? My 05' has a Gateway, Pitots, PP & a Paddlewheel.

The PP and the Gauges will both need the Paddlewheel.

Did the seller include the PP multi-line display also?

Believe he is including everything since he is going to ZO.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2015 at 6:21pm
Display is pictured on his AD:

Here's a link to the listing
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2015 at 6:24pm
Bri, as I think about it, GT40 boat so had to be 02' or prior, likely did not have a Gateway.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2015 at 7:33pm
All I can tell you is they pulled the magnets from the course at that lake because everyone has gone to zero off. He also showed me how to use tournament mode, versus the slalom mode in the boat he pulled me in. I cannot say if it used a paddle wheel or RPM.

I am sure he would tell you though, so you could be watching for a deal on the parts you need.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2015 at 9:37pm
Chris, I was actually thinking about a post that I think your wrote a while back on another thread.

The pictures in the add certainly look like a more traditional dash.

There was something about the paddle wheel feeding into the box and then the PP getting it's info from the box.

In the end, is is pretty similar to the way the tach signal is shared by both the PP and the tachometer?

Might be worth contacting PP tech support http://www.perfectpass.com/?q=support
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2015 at 11:50pm
I'm sure I'll be able to figure out more when all my stuff gets here.

Didn't know if it was easily identifiable by the pictures alone.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2015 at 5:14pm
It's been oddly cold and snowy.. I haven't even had the cover off in a few weeks but the complete replacement motor should be shipped this week.

Have a few buddies lined up to help saturday the 20th and the buddy previously mentioned is loaning the use of his race shop. Indoor Crane, Couple Engine Hoists Handy, Every Tool imaginable, and Operating Room lighting should make it a little easier.
malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2015 at 10:36am
Did it last year got a friend with a very large fork lift. took about 30 mins to drop in nothing to it you have it running in a few hours. Hardest part was alignment. I was probably 1" off. ended up taking to mechanic for alignment. since it was the easiest thing to do
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2015 at 4:07pm
And again... We don't do cold or weather at all well around here.... Had 4 of 26 folks show up this morning at the office.

Impatiently waiting for my motor to get here.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2015 at 4:51pm
Geez, with that kind of a snowfall up here we even slow down... to only 15 over the speed limit, lol
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2015 at 5:19pm
Ha,

It's a joke around here.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2015 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Geez, with that kind of a snowfall up here we even slow down... to only 15 over the speed limit, lol

I was going to comment after seeing the picture but Chris said it all for me!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2015 at 4:49pm
Just More Pictures... Spent the weekend at the lakehouse working on the house and Barn.

Don't mind my fancy snow/ rain displacing devices. I don't particularly care for this cover now that I've had it 3-4 months. Since the boat will live in the barn or under a carport I'll live with it but the areas around the tower legs leave a lot to desire.

All the guages but the Speedo Cleaned up Nice.
Newer Steering Wheel Installed
New Head Unit installed and there is a new Alpine 6.5 hiding behind the factory mesh.

My One Nice Cushion From Christine's $20 Bargin Bin. I like the Silver Cloud and White so I think that's what I'll go with next winter.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2015 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Treybizttu Treybizttu wrote:

I don't particularly care for this cover now that I've had it 3-4 months. Since the boat will live in the barn or under a carport I'll live with it but the areas around the tower legs leave a lot to desire.

Pretty typical of all the tower covers I have had, total PITA to put on as well.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2015 at 12:35pm
Ooooooo, I got a present in the mail late friday....

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2015 at 7:41pm
This has been the most comical/complicated/funny motor transport ever.

Sooo, Zach helped a brutha out and got the motor shipped to me from KS. Freight went great thanks to him and got to me at my office (we have a loading dock).

I'm installing the motor at buddies shop but he has two of them and we weren't sure which would have room this weekend to work so I just had it shipped to my office.

Well, we had rain in the forecast and I'm leaving town tomorrow until late night friday so we wanted to get the motor over to the shop so it would be ready to go saturday morning.

One problem... We sold our fork truck last year because after we got out of the water jetting business it just sat around 99% of the time. And, I owned an engine hoist in highschool/college until one of my roomates borrowed it 6-7 years ago and I never saw it again.

So, I found a rental place down the street that wanted $50 a week for one. I talked him into a 6 pack If I could borrow it for a half hour. Nice guy and I had a hoist in the back of my truck.

Tried to pick up the motor and crate annnnd.... The legs weren't wide enough to get around or under the crate. So after some pallet jacking, jenga building, and a little creative crate triming I had the engine hoist hooked up.

So loaded into my truck it drove it over to shop #1. Shop #1 was over crowded and weather was rolling in. I live in the opposite direction from shop #2 but my buddy that's helping/has the shop use lives by shop #2.

So, we unload this time in the parking lot with a forklift. Onto a small utility trailer behind my buddies 4 cylinders of fury 250k mile shop truck ford ranger. Did I mention the trailer has a ramp and we had to build extended fork legs to get the motor onto the trailer? In a hurry?

Luckily it's now happily in race shop #2 sitting on the trailer until saturday morning so we can put it into my boat.

C'moooonnnnn Saturday
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2015 at 8:02pm
If you ever need to load an engine from one pickup to another, just back them both up, tailgate to tailgate. If one truck sits higher than the other, keep loading the high one with correctcraftfans until it sits level with the lower one. The correctcraftfans can also help slowly heave the crate across.

I learned that at 2015 CT Mini
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2015 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

If you ever need to load an engine from one pickup to another, just back them both up, tailgate to tailgate. If one truck sits higher than the other, keep loading the high one with correctcraftfans until it sits level with the lower one. The correctcraftfans can also help slowly heave the crate across.

I learned that at 2015 CT Mini

Brian is trying to predict the future by thinking that history repeats itself. But yes, that was a fun morning!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2015 at 1:27am
It livvvvves!

Couple little items to finish up and we'll have our first lake test. Started and ran excellent on the hose/bucket.

Thanks to everybody on here for all the help along the road. We still have a lot of prettying up to do but she is a running boat!   I'll post video when I'm back at a computer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678>
  Share Topic