NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 9>
Author
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SJRR 2015
    Posted: September-22-2014 at 7:04pm
The dates will be as always, last full week end in March..........

March 27/28/29

More info as the date gets closer............Billy& Karen
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2014 at 12:13am
Dang, I will be in Chicago for a wedding on this weekend.....One of these years I am going to make it to this event!
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2014 at 10:16am
did we ever decide if this was the best weekend for this? I for one am solidly in favor of moving it to before or after the boat show. after might make more sense so that anyone dragging one or more boats down to that can relax for a few days before the party starts.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2014 at 10:47am
That would be the weekend AFTER spring break.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2014 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

The dates will be as always, last full week end in March..........

March 27/28/29

More info as the date gets closer............Billy& Karen
littleskierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleskierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2015 at 1:49am
We made it to the reunion for only one of the days, and we missed the majority of that day due to weather. We were able to make dinner but thats about all last year; we hope we can make it this year and if the dates don't change (from the 27/28/29) we can make it!

What would be the best place to stay that would split the difference between Mt. Dora and SSJR campground with the CC boating.

There is a very good chance that Pauly-Banana and his wife Marilyn will be able to attend for the first time.

Keep the info coming so we can make plans early enough.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!   
My escape is to just get in a boat and disappear on the water.

Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2015 at 10:21pm
There's really no place between Paramore's and Mt. Dora to stay and split the difference.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleskierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2015 at 12:51am
Ok, someone said that we should stay in a Howard Johnson's near Mt. Dora, I think that was the name of the hotel. Does that sound like a good place to stay, or are there any other places that you would recommend?

Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2015 at 9:09am
Mt. Dora and Tavares have several decent hotels, just none are "half way" between here and St. Johns, they are all on the Tava-dora side. The only one I can speak for is the Best Western on 441 in Tavares, it was nice and should have ample parking for a boat.

Keep in mind at Parramores on the St. Johns, you can rent a cabin too, it's not just a campground.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2015 at 10:33am
Todd pretty much nailed it. Most CCFans usually stay at Parramores campground in a cabin for the long weekend. Some do the tent thing, some stay in hotels in Astor and finally there is a crew that rents a house around the corner for the weekend.

There is a iffy boat launch at the campground and some covered boat slips available so that is why most stay there. Those that do go to the boat show will just make the drive there. Last year was the exception to the norm with CC being the featured Mfg of the show.

Most all of the boating, sking, footing, takes place on the St. Johns river itself off the horse shoe channel where the campground is located. (Google Map Paramores, Astor Fla to see what I mean) We have been able to ski on Lake George itself but the stars have to align along with the planets to do so. The lake is so big and open that it doesn't take much of a wind to create rough conditions and white capping waves. Look at years past in the reunion thread for pictures and the usual events that take place.

Mr. Ralph wants and is planning on coming out again this year to pay us fans a visit on late Saturday afternoon. Hopefully the weather will be on on side this year as the last two years hasn't been all that great.

My thought is that if you do stay outside of Astor you may be making the trip to Parramores a bunch especially if you are wanting to ski,boat and hang with the rest of the crew.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2015 at 8:45pm
Well, a little late, but the Smith family finally reserved accommodations at the Famous Parramores Fish Camp, homebase to the CCF festivities. Seems they like to shuffle the family around each year, as the previous years two "cabins" have been spoken for. We will be in the "Turtle Mound" this year, a luxurious THREE bedroom, TWO bath palatial trailer, er, cabin sitting just yards from the exotic St. Johns river. As always, we anticipate a fantastic time and are looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. If you are "on the fence" on this one, trust me and jump in, you will be glad you did!!
Js
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2015 at 10:27pm
Just a quick question about the Mt. Dora boat show. Since Correct Craft was the topic mfg last year, will there be many Correct Crafts at this years show?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2015 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by skierox skierox wrote:

Just a quick question about the Mt. Dora boat show. Since Correct Craft was the topic mfg last year, will there be many Correct Crafts at this years show?

I know that Reidp was planning to bring a few - combined with some of the somewhat local regulars that should be good for ten boats anyway.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2015 at 11:15pm
Good question. I think that depends on Mr. Reid as he appeared to have most of the CC's there. Art will probably be there. I bet Bruce will be there with Ski-daddle.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2015 at 10:53am

Planning on being there. Anyone want to split a cabin? - I only need a room to crash in.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2015 at 11:34am
The Farmer's have just booked an RV site. 1976 Ski Nautique with 2 adults, 2 kids (9). Our 1st reunion after many years of planning. Looking forward to a great weekend!
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2015 at 9:13pm
Anybody got the eagle nest cabin yet. ?
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2015 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by mmfarmer1 mmfarmer1 wrote:

The Farmer's have just booked an RV site. 1976 Ski Nautique with 2 adults, 2 kids (9). Our 1st reunion after many years of planning. Looking forward to a great weekend!

Great! Smith Family has twin girls 17, Emily 16, Boys 13, 12 and 11. They all have games going manhunt, tennis basketball, and of course the boat.
Js
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2015 at 11:52am
We had all intentions of returning to Fl this spring but this year has gotten pretty busy for us with another college graduation and our sons wedding so looks like we'll be sitting this one out and shooting for a return in 2016. Have fun and post lots of photos. At the very least this year we'll be at Green Lake so hope to catch up with as many as possible then.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleskierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 6:49pm
Just looked at Airline tickets, wondering how many people are planning on attending this year.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2015 at 2:05am
stolen from another thread...
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

We're in for GL this year. Probably not SJRR unless some guys want to meet the week leading up to or weekend before?

I just found out my work schedule is going to make it darn near impossible to go the last weekend in march, but I love me some time on the river, I'm in for the week before. I'm sure with the local crowd there will be plenty of people for me and Mars to ski with. We'll have at least one boat.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2015 at 7:30am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

stolen from another thread...
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

We're in for GL this year. Probably not SJRR unless some guys want to meet the week leading up to or weekend before?

I just found out my work schedule is going to make it darn near impossible to go the last weekend in march, but I love me some time on the river, I'm in for the week before. I'm sure with the local crowd there will be plenty of people for me and Mars to ski with. We'll have at least one boat.

What!!??
Js
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2015 at 8:20am
Per Murphys Law, weather is always nicer the weekend before or after SJRR
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2015 at 10:36am
Well I could possibly do both weekends. Got Vaca to burn but I'd have to split lodging costs for a few days or tent camp for a few.Don't have that kinda $$$ to spend at Paramoresfor 9 days..... Could also just drive down with Miss Scarlett the first weekend, fly home from Daytona then fly back on Thursday for the official weekend.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2015 at 9:21pm
Not much talk on here, what's up ??
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2015 at 9:28pm
I plan on heading up again. Not staying the night, but I'll be heading up each day. I'm sure Ross will be going as well.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2015 at 9:29pm
Where's the big dog ?? I remember back in the days a couple of guys wanted to visit the big race!! And then everyone started to come from then. Now it's boat show done that last year, but I would of had more fun on the water with the crew !! Just saying
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2015 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

Now it's boat show done that last year, but I would of had more fun on the water with the crew !! Just saying
you hit the nail on the head Dave, that's why some of us are coming a week ahead of the boat show
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2015 at 1:03am
I'll be on a work trip in Memphis till the 19th. Sounds like I should head south after instead of going back to the cold. That's Zoe's spring break week so her and little man could stay till Sunday. Don't see a reason the Mars men and Picture Pat can't stay till the 23rd.

There's a small chance Dad will be taking his RV down that weekend and keeping it in FLA till the end of April. Might as well hook a boat on for some river time.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2015 at 10:47am
It's only 2 months away and the chatter has been pretty quiet around here about the first CCFan gathering of the year. Several members have conflicting schedules that will not allow them to go on the 27-29th.

These fans have suggested moving it up a week so that more could possibly attend but many have already locked in their cabins last year for this years River Run. CCFans are still wanting to get out from Old Man Winters grip and hit the water with their boat buds so it looks like we're going to have a River Run 2015 Part I AND Part II.

So for those of you who can make it the weekend of the 20th then head on down and those who are going the 27th then we'll see you there. I myself should be able to do both and just stay the week. So without talking about it for a week or two we'll just set in stone NOW!

Come which ever weekend that works for you and lets play on the river for a week if you can swing it. It will probably be a small group of Fans but chime in NOW on what weekend you're going and list here...

That being said we'll stick with the traditional COOKOUT on Sat night so list if your coming and what you're bringing.

Morfoot Part 1&2     Carrot Cake & Charcoal

Time to MOVE on this thread.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 9>
  Share Topic