NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thinking of upgrading, your thoughts??

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2014 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Way overpriced for all that is wrong with that boat. Speed is also very suspect. Should do at least 42,43. Maybe more.

I don't know that I would call the 210 smaller boat, except for the weight.   211 weighs 700lbs more. 210 rated for more people.

211 is a better surf boat than 210, not even close IMO. Wakeboard, I would say is a matter of taste. 210 has the steep wake that boots the rider.
211 has a more rampy wake that is more similar to what the new wakeboard boats produce.BKH

GPS had her topped out at 36. Maybe it was the way she was propped? No idea.

The 2005 210 seems like a smaller boat in regards to how high the sides of boat are from the water surface compared to the 2008 211.

I didn't like the fact that the 211 is no longer in production.

All of the items that weren't working would be fixed for the $40K asking price as would be a fairly new EZ loader Nautique trailer that the salesman sent a pic of this AM.

Going to look at the 2005 210 this weekend hopefully.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2014 at 12:53pm
They are asking a premium price for a sub par boat. Issues like that boat has are all completely fixed before we advertise something which is why we can ask premium pricing for boats.

If you could beat them down to 34 or so I would say to for it and slowly fix what needs to be done.

JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2014 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

They are asking a premium price for a sub par boat. Issues like that boat has are all completely fixed before we advertise something which is why we can ask premium pricing for boats.

If you could beat them down to 34 or so I would say to for it and slowly fix what needs to be done.

They were originally asking $44,9000. They reduced it to $39,900. They said they would fix everything (except for the two cushions)and include a nice looking trailer for $39,900.

I don't love the boat enough to spend that kind of coin at the moment. I'd rather wait for something else.

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2014 at 1:00pm
You'll do better and you are in no hurry so make it happen.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2014 at 1:15pm
JP, take a look at the 2004 210 on N3's site (N3boatworks.com). Look at how clean that boat is for $28,500. It has 1,000 hours, but hours don't always tell the story. I don't know anything about it, you could ask Zach, but that looks like a boat worth spending a bit extra for.

The colors aren't a scheme I'd like, just mentioning it as an example of value for the buck.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2014 at 1:41pm
Exactly, that one has 1000 hours on it and it's a nice boat for 1000 hours. Which is why it's at that 28,000 point instead of a 30-32k point. It is sold FYI closing tomorrow.
a0128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a0128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2014 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

JP, take a look at the 2004 210 on N3's site (N3boatworks.com). Look at how clean that boat is for $28,500. It has 1,000 hours, but hours don't always tell the story. I don't know anything about it, you could ask Zach, but that looks like a boat worth spending a bit extra for.

The colors aren't a scheme I'd like, just mentioning it as an example of value for the buck.

This N3 boat would be the bomb next July 4th. While I have not purchased anything from N3, based on their videos, and the quality of their boats I would not hesitate to consider a used boat from them. As many have mentioned on this site, maintenance history is the key when looking at a high hour boat. Looks like it has either Wet Sounds REV8's or PRO80's on the tower. Nice!

That 2005 SAN on CL looked nice too. Low hours and a single owner boat. Big plus!
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2014 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

I didn't like the fact that the 211 is no longer in production.

True, but the 210s you are looking at are no longer in production either. That hull ran from 95 to 2006.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2014 at 8:51pm
Salesman came back with a used (rather nice) 2 axle ramlin and the boat for $39600 + TTTL. They would fix the docking lights and ballast pumps if they were simply fixes. If it was more than bulbs and an impeller, then they wouldn't repair them and we'd have to take the boat as is. They would not repair the upholstery either way.

I have an appointment to go look at the 2005 210 on Friday. $29,900, does not include a trailer.

Half the fun is shopping and test driving. I've never driven any of these boats. Amazing how different they are.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2014 at 10:58pm
Is your tow vehicle ready for any of these bigger boats?
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2014 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Is your tow vehicle ready for any of these bigger boats?

Towing capacity is 6100lbs. I think I'm good.

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2014 at 11:50pm
I'd still just move on from that '08 211, the dealer is dreaming and there's too many boats to look at to bother with a flawed deal.

Good luck with the 210. I really like that boat.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2014 at 10:06am
You are in the buyers portion of the market now being end of season. Keep that in mind during negotiations.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2014 at 11:35am
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

You are in the buyers portion of the market now being end of season. Keep that in mind during negotiations.

I know and the 210 has been on craigslist since August with several price drops. I'll post some pics tomorrow of what I find.

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2014 at 1:34pm
DFoster has a nice 211.They surf, ski, and wakeboard (and possibly now wakeskate?? ) behind it. I was in it at the Ct Mini but did not ride behind it. he has gutted the factory ballast in favor of a more robust set up and the wake looked very nice. I really like the idea of the walkt hru over the sundeck for accessing the platform, but I don't prefer the look, so that's a trade off for me. I also find the seating arrangement in the 211 to be a little odd.

My SAN on the other hand is not great for skiing, but If I want to take a run I go behind my BILs MC so no biggie for me. I have had much better skiers than myself behind it and while its not great, it is doable. The surf wake is ok with the right set-up and the wakeboard wake is stellar. It is pretty abrupt and steep, but you can add weight to the floor and the nose to make it a little mellower/rampy. took a bit to get used to but it really is a fun boat to ride behind. I have also towed several long line barefooters behind it. It has the Excal 330 and runs about 41-42 depending on conditions with the stock Acme 644 @ 5000 rpm. The boat also handles extremely well for a wake boat. A friend just bought a new 2014 Tige V drive and while the surf wake is nice, the wakeboard wake pales in comparison, even with more factory ballast and the TAPS system. It's amazing how far ahead of it's time that hull was.

I bought mine new in Dec 05 and it currently has over 550 hours on it. I had to replace the heater core due to a crack in the inlet nipple a few years ago, other than that the only issue I've had in 550+ hours was a stuck(open) T-stat this spring. A quick WFO run up the lake followed by a heat soaking popped it free and it's been fine all season- no tools required! I have zero complaints and zero regrets with my purchase. It's probably not worth anymore than the 30k he's asking for that one, but I don't think I could let mine go for that, it's just been too good to me.

And frankly, I like the more classic lines of that hull compared to the newer ones and I certainly don't warrant anymore performance on a personal level than a boat of that caliber provides. Good luck with whatever you decide. If you mostly wakeboard, you can"t go wrong with that boat.
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2014 at 5:22pm
So I went to see the '05 210 this morning. Unfortunately not the boat for me.

I really liked how this boat rode compared to the newer SV. It seemed more agile and lighter.

Most everything worked except for the anchor, bow lights, and tower speakers.

Dislikes for this boat:

Blue gel was oxidized and entire boat needed a good buffing.
Carpet was filthy and stained.
Aluminum had quite a bit of oxidation and pitting.
Nav and anchor lights were not working.
There were three tears in the upholstery.
The PP was not working properly.
There's was quite a bit of mildew on the upholstery.
There was some vibration when driving that the owner attributed to weeds in the prop. While the lake was quite weedy, we could not raise the boat high enough on the lift to confirm the weeds in the prop.

This boat maxed out at 39mph at 5000rpm. Slower than I thought.

He's asking $29,900 (no trailer), but seemed negotiable. I'm amazed at how dirty this boat was considering he new someone was coming over to see it.

It seems like they use the boat, then simply put it on the lift when done. No cleaning it or anything.

This boat was not in the shape I would pay even $25K for, especially with only 272 hours on it.

Here are some pics:

What do you guys think this thing would be worth?

Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2014 at 6:06pm
I want to know where you found blue skies at? I'm gonna build an ark.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2014 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Orlando76 Orlando76 wrote:

I want to know where you found blue skies at? I'm gonna build an ark.

Got to the boat around 11. It was raining off and on by 12:30.

Supposed to clear up mid week.

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2014 at 12:38am
Of the things you list, I have 2 concerns. First is the driveline vibration. It's not weeds, it's something in the driveline. Second, it's the 9 year old boat being neglected and beat on. People who don't take care of the rest of the boat don't take care of the mechanical stuff either. So, I'd bet it's been neglected from a maintenance standpoint and who knows how long that driveline has been run with either a misaligned shaft or other problem.

So, I'd probably pass on it. If I was buying, figuring the market for '05 boats of similar style is in the high 20's or so, I'd probably not pay more than $22,000 or so based on needing a lot of care and possible transmission rebuild.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2014 at 1:03am
Honestly, I'd probably be in the low(low) 20's on that boat with no trailer. If it needs as much work as it sounds. You probably could find a cleaner one ( maybe not as low hours) with a trailer for around close to what his asking price is. A trailer for his won't be cheap, and msy be hurting his chances to sell it.

The aluminum will clean up, gel can be buffed, the seats/carpet can be fixed and cleaned, lights are probably something minor, the vibration would worry me without being able to verify the cause before purchasing tho. If you like the boat, can verify the weedy prop and don't mind the elbow grease....lowball him and use it while you pick away at the other stuff. . Sounds like it's been for sale for a bit, the worst thing he can say is no.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2014 at 1:29am
Mike, sounds like we agree.

There are definitely times when hours don't tell the story. I'd buy your boat with 1,000 hours every time before buying this one with 272. Most of us don't reach the useful life of an engine on a properly maintained boat, in my mind 2,000 hours with ease. Beat up boats need to sell at the very low end of the market, regardless of how few hours are on them.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2014 at 1:29am
Thanks guys. I have no interest in purchasing this boat. I'd put the price at $20K considering it's condition, but didn't want to insult him with such a low offer. I'd rather pay $30K for a super clean, well maintained boat. I'm in no hurry to buy considering how nice our current boat is.

When the right boat catches my eye, I'll buy it. This one just isn't it.

Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2014 at 9:57am

Hoping to take her out for a test drive tomorrow. My buddy said he wold gladly buy our '92 for $7500.

I knew I should have never gone there. Now we have the wantsies.

That's a great price for the 92!
I like the Green color. But the blue one is nice too, and less $$.
Js
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2014 at 3:25pm
Gonna go look at this 02 SANTE Later this week. It still has the digital gauges, which concerns me (how much/trouble to replace them should they go bad?). Second owner. Says it's in excellent condition.

Anything I should look at specifically? 1200 hours on a chevy, should I be worried? Asking $26500, what would be a fair offer if it's in great shape and everything's working??

TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2014 at 3:41pm
I like the colors, that's not original upholstery though. Your own your own guessing at the hours on the boats that have digital gauges.   You have no idea if the gauge is the original so there is no way to get a true idea of the hours.

I don't know if it's posted here, but Wake Slayer has his 99 Python powered SS for sale.
a0128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a0128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2014 at 3:55pm

Gonna go look at this 02 SANTE Later this week. It still has the digital gauges, which concerns me (how much/trouble to replace them should they go bad?). Second owner. Says it's in excellent condition.

Anything I should look at specifically? 1200 hours on a chevy, should I be worried? Asking $26500, what would be a fair offer if it's in great shape and everything's working??

Here is a link from Nautiqueparts.com for replacement gauges. http://www.nautiqueparts.com/fariagaugeconversionkitforboatswithperfectpassandblkssgauges.aspx

If it is Chevy powered you can get the true hours off the ECU using a laptop and software. Any marina should be able to do the same.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2014 at 4:00pm
I'm not convinced I like that trailer. No bow stop means no power loading, and the fenders don't appear to have any protection in case the hull drifts over them or up against them when retrieving.
s_kelley2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s_kelley2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2014 at 4:13pm
TX is correct, that is not an original interior but it looks like a decent quality job was done from the little bit you can see from the pics. The original sunpad had a curvy line instead of the straight color lines along with some other changes but if you like it then that is all that matters.

Since you said it has a chevy and I don't see the Python hump I am going to assume it's an Excal 330 which is good because you can get the true hours off the ECM unlike the GT40. If the Excal was well maintained then 1200 hours is nothing to be scared of.

The gauges are pretty straight forward to change out if you get the right kit. Check N3 or nautiqueparts.com for the current prices on those.
a0128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a0128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2014 at 4:15pm
The 2004 SANTE 210 at N3 still looks to be available.

Here is a quick video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FaHgkI1Ncuw
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2014 at 6:01pm
Here is a link to Mike's 99' Python Powered Super Air, he is at 28k at the moment, boat is up in Minnesota

99' Super Air Link

The 02' does have an Excal so hours should be retrievable.

Buddy has an 06' 210 SANTE he is looking to sell, believe he would let it go at 33-34k range, this one is in Northern Michigan.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic