NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thinking of upgrading, your thoughts??

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thinking of upgrading, your thoughts??
    Posted: September-22-2014 at 6:25pm
Took my wife over to the local Nautique dealer to look at some boats. My plan was to upgrade in a few years to something newer and bigger. I thought she'd hate everything they had........and she did, until we came across this

We love the boat, but know nothing about the newer boats aside from the fact that they look awesome.

The price does not include a trailer.

What do you guys think? What do you think she's worth? He said the hour meter was new so the real hours are around 350-ish.

Hoping to take her out for a test drive tomorrow. My buddy said he wold gladly buy our '92 for $7500.

I knew I should have never gone there. Now we have the wantsies.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 6:51pm
JPASS,

I like the 211 as a crossover boat....It is much more wake-activity friendly than ski-activity friendly...... but for a family, it is REALLY comfy and laid out well. There are several guys on PN that have them and like them for just that purpose.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 6:51pm
Always liked this boat, before the Sport200 this was the Crossover boat to have. I have never skied behind it, but Moj has one, so hopefully he will chime in. I am a huge proponent of the 99 to 03 Sport Nautiques, because they do everything fairly well. I always wondered how the 211 foots - don't know anyone who has ever taken a run behind one.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 7:15pm
That has a Chevy motor. You should be able to hook it up to the computer and determine exactly how many hours on it.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 7:37pm
A friend of mine purchased a clean 2004 SV211 TEAM edition yesterday with only 466 hours. It is black and very very clean. It came with a dual axle Ramblin Trailer that was perfect. He paid $32K Cash. The seller was asking $34.5K and all of my research showed that it was priced correctly. It had a full cover with skirts and a Bimini Top. The previous owner stated that it had a great surf wake (either side) and the wake board wake looked great. My friend was wanting it for Surfing.

FYI,

Donald
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

I always wondered how the 211 foots - don't know anyone who has ever taken a run behind one.

Steve, I've seen pictures of the foot wake and it looks pretty nice! Not that i'm a foot wake connoisseur but it resembled pictures of the BFN wakes more than the SN/Sport wakes.

JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 8:20pm
All good input so far. Boat was beautiful. Can't wait for the test ride tomorrow.

Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 8:27pm
$40k is quite a chunk of change to do something your most likely paid for '92 will (minus the open bow). If your deal falls through with your friend, let me know, I might be interested.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 9:05pm
Mikeski over on Planet Nautique foots behind his 211. He has the standard Excalibur, and it doesn't have quite enough power for him to 1 foot. I know he's made some mods in the last cople of years, but sitll not sure if he's able to 1 foot. Of course, he does have about a ton of speakers and stereo equipment on board. Mike is also a pretty
accomplished skier. I've towed him through the course at 15 and 22 off.
It's an ok ski boat, particularly above 30 mph. Certainly not as good
as a Ski Nautique, or a direct drive sport nautique, but also much better than my Super Air/210.

I surfed Mike's boat when I weighed about 230. I could surf with stock Ballast, but, of course, it was better with a sack or two on board.

It's been a few years since I've been ont his 211, but, until the sport 200 entered the scene, it would have been my first choice to replace my boat.

If you lean toward the board sports, and less toward skiing, 211. If you lean toward skiing and less toward board sport, Sport 200.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Airfooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 9:06pm
I was co-owner of a 2007 SV211 a few years back. Was it a good boat? Yes. Would I purchase another one if I could? Probably not. My dislikes about the boat are purely cosmetic and related to the interior. Performance wise the boat was great.

Dislikes:

1. The removable rear seat. I prefer a rear seat with a base (not one with a leg). This changed when the 216V came out.

2. No corner seat. This again changed when the 216V came out.

3. All of the exposed fiberglass in the interior. It's a waxing nightmare if you are anal about keeping everything shiny and spotless. A lot of new boats are like this, so this dislike is not specific to the SV211. I prefer boats with carpeted sides as it's easier to vacuum them than wax them.

4. Not a full sundeck. The walk through is nice, but the benefit of it did not outweigh the full sundeck IMO. A person could create a filler cushion if they wanted to though if this was going to be a deal breaker.   

5. Fiberglass swim platform.... They're just not the same as teak and I wouldn't have another if I had a choice... :)

If I could redo the 211 co-purchase that I made in 2007, I would look at a used 210. Just my 2 cents... Again, it depends on what type of skiing you'll be doing as well.       

1992 Nautique Excel
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 10:38pm
I've always liked the interior layout of those. Of course, I've never lived with one.

Doug (can't think of his screen name) brought his to the CT mini. Cool boat, I know they surf, board and ski it.

That's a very sharp looking color scheme on the one you posted. Definitely looks nice.
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 10:43pm
Hey JP,
If you are shopping, try this one that is also close by:
2004 206
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by seacamper seacamper wrote:

Hey JP,
If you are shopping, try this one that is also close by:
2004 206

I'm always looking. I prefer a V-Drive and more storage. We are always trampling over crap in our current boat between wakeboards, coolers, and everyone's carry-ons. Makes for a small obstacle course on the boat at times.

Love our direct drive, but also like the cockpit layout of the V-drives. I may hate it after I drive it, but won't know that until tomorrow.

I'd rather pay around $30K, but seems like this pricing is pretty good considering it's a 2008.

Gonna have to juggle some money around to make this work, but I feel it would be a boat we would keep for many years.

seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 11:31pm
I really like the color of the 2008!
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 11:47pm
All the junk goes up the tower..... we have room. 4 wakeboards and 2 skis on the tower...2 skis on the rack on the floor.... There's a trunk, floor locker and under seat storage too!

But no ZR6......
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 8:32pm
So we test drove it today. Boat was really nice up close. There were some scuffs, scrapes and oxidation in parts of the hull. Not a huge deal. There a few 'dimples' in the gel tat had me concerned. They looked like thumb sized dents in the gel. I've never seen anything like that before.

Out on the water her extra weight and size showed. I think she topped out at 36 on the PP (30mph on the speedo). Very lazy compared to our little 192.
The only ballast tank that worked was the starboard tank. The belly and port tanks did not fill, even though the pumps were running.

There were a few tears in two of the cushions. One of the bow speakers was blown and the front docking lights did not work either.

Boat has 400 hours according to the sales guy and he's unsure of the number of owners.

He was offering us the boat for $39900 with a used trailer. I said we need to think about it as it's at the very top of our budget.

The more I think about it, the more I think we want to pass. She was a beautiful boat, but at that price it would leave us no money for repairs, should any issues arise.

Here's a few pics.

I'm trying to set up a test drive on an '05 210 SAN. It's listed at $29900 and I'd like to see how the smaller boat drives compared to the larger SV.

If I liked it and could get it $25K I'd more than likely take her home.

What do you guys think of this:

2005 SAN

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 9:13pm
With a 210 you will be getting further away from a nice ski wake. I would head towards the 206 if slalom is more important than board sports.

Not quite as big as the 211 but lots more room than your 92 SN.

If extra room is a priority, the 98-02 Sports are a lot of boat for the price. A real nice one would be purchased for under half the price of that 211. But like Steve I am biased
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

With a 210 you will be getting further away from a nice ski wake. I would head towards the 206 if slalom is more important than board sports.

I don't know how to ski. I've tried, but could never do well. We mostly wakeboard, so the 210, or even a sport, would be a good fit for us........I think.

Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 9:39pm
I second lewy's opinion on the 210, but if you board, they are a super nice boat.   I skied one a couple of years ago and am not a fan at all for the ski wake even at 30-32mph. If you're the caliber of boarder that can use the extra wake ramp, I think you'll like it
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Dreaming Dreaming wrote:

I second lewy's opinion on the 210, but if you board, they are a super nice boat.   I skied one a couple of years ago and am not a fan at all for the ski wake even at 30-32mph. If you're the caliber of boarder that can use the extra wake ramp, I think you'll like it

Still learning how to board. I'd say I'm still a rookie, but learning more each outing. I doubt I'll ever be into serious tricks as I'm old and fragile these days, but most of the kids we take out like to board as well.

I'd love to test out a newer sport in addition to the 210. If anyone locally has one, I'd love to check it out.

Thanks again for all your help.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 11:02pm
I think you did good to pass on that one,seems to me extremely high for a boat thats not perfect,but what do I know?
Seems slow to me too,whats the deal with that?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 11:13pm
Here's a nice looking Super Sport that's a whole lot more reasonable on price, which I think is near you?
http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/4670021702.html

That 210 is really nice looking boat too. Looks like a close cousin if not an exact clone of Mike's "05 210"s boat. I know he's very happy with is. Definitely has plenty of room inside. The board wake is awesome and I know they were surfing it too. There's some pics of it in the CT Mini thread:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34179&PN=10&title=ct-mini-2014-august-2224
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 11:27pm
Good pass on that one... I'm sure all the little tid bits could be sorted like the ballasts, seats and scuffs but not at 40k. Since you already have a nice boat, you can afford to be choosey.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 11:46pm
Go check out that Super Sport. We like ours,lots of room and it's 11mph faster than the one you tried today!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2014 at 12:44am
JP, sounds like you want the new boat for the room and modern features. Since you don't plan to ski, and sounds like the kids/friends don't ski much, seems like you are making the right choice going for the V-drive. I'm curious myself to get a ride in and behind a Sport 200, I'm not in the market to buy anything but seems like a pretty amazing boat. Having said that, the value you get on the 10-15 year old boats is just amazing, even maybe 8 years old. The amount of boat you get for $15,000 to $25,000 is pretty awesome. If you are willing to spend $30,000 plus you should expect everything to look good, everything to work the way it should, not malfunctioning ballast and torn cushions.

The '05 SAN looks really nice.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2014 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Go check out that Super Sport. We like ours,lots of room and it's 11mph faster than the one you tried today!

We don't like the colors, but may go check it out just to see how she performs and the storage options.

Not in any rush to buy, but definitely would like to upgrade. We're going to take our time this time and get the boat we absolutely fall in love with that checks all the boxes. We kinda rushed into our current boat just to get on the water.

We love our current boat and realize what great shape it's in (aside from the gel)compared to some of the stuff we see out on the lake and in the showrooms that are newer than ours.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2014 at 10:51am
There are some fugly colors out there,at times it seems people are keeping the good colors and only the bad ones are for sale. I was looking for a blue one to sorta match the Mustang. None to be found when I was looking,but found a nice one in a color that wasn't even on the radar. Team Red welcomed me with open arms
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2014 at 11:59am
I'm not big on the purple either, but I do like the lines and the color... "scheme" I guess is the word, on that Super Sport, if not the actual color.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2014 at 12:08pm
I kind of like the purple, and agree the scheme is nice and clean looking, including lettering. I'd say that's a bit high for a 1996, but looks to be in excellent shape with low hours.

What I don't know anything about, and is worth reading and asking about, is what the mid '90's vintage Super Sport's drawbacks, if any, are compared to the mid 2000's v-drives.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2014 at 12:09pm
Way overpriced for all that is wrong with that boat. Speed is also very suspect. Should do at least 42,43. Maybe more.

I don't know that I would call the 210 smaller boat, except for the weight.   211 weighs 700lbs more. 210 rated for more people.

211 is a better surf boat than 210, not even close IMO. Wakeboard, I would say is a matter of taste. 210 has the steep wake that boots the rider.
211 has a more rampy wake that is more similar to what the new wakeboard boats produce.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic