Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advise on 95 sport purchace

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
76 Ski Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76 Ski Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advise on 95 sport purchace
    Posted: September-14-2014 at 7:25pm
Hey guys interested in buying this sport. everything looks "good" cant say that i jumps off the screen to me but i could just be poor pictures. it has 350 original hours. with the gt 40. interior pieces was replaced by previous owner. did the carpet come blue from factory? can i get some opinion of this one? thanks im looking for a 10+ year investment.

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/boa/4663543283.html
B.O.A.T- bust out another thousand
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2014 at 8:06pm
Looks pretty good to me. Blue carpet from the factory....probably.
Drive it!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 11:20am
The boat looks nice. Not that it matters but I don't think the swim platform is the original one, looks like a different shape. The interior looks decent from the pictures, that can be the biggest expense besides the engine, if you can find a boat from that era that won't need an interior for quite a while that's going to save you a lot of money, at least in the short term.

If you like that tower, and want one, it's a pretty good deal for a GT-40 low hours Sport.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 12:58pm
Yeah.. boat looks great as does the price. My comments are the same as other posts... swim platform looks tiny and wrong shape, but that could very well be the photo angle. The tower looks odd to me but to each his own.

Drive it!! I would buy if checked out.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 2:21pm
Platform looks normal, just an odd angle
See ours for reference
We love our sport, great family boat
1994 Sport Nautique
J Bos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Bos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 2:56pm
Boat looks great. I own a '95 sport purchased via this site in '10 and am loving it. Swim platform is dead on. Mine has grey carpet and Carb'd version of Pro Boss; those are early years of GT-40 EFI. You can do a great deal with this hull from slalom to surf. Great value for the $.

I would agree with drive & inspection - if runs as good as shows you'll be happy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76 Ski Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 5:46pm
Thanks so much for the input guys! Little concerned about the carpet but if you say that might be fatter that's fine just kind of ugly
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 6:27pm
Most 90s boats had gray carpet but this marks the 3rd boat I've seen with blue, which was an option. Even if it were gray none of us can still say it's the original carpet. If it's decent quality and you don't mind the color well then don't let that stop you. Besides, it is a wear item and you can always change it later.

"The standard delivery color is gunmetal gray, however, you may wish to select the optional dark blue, bright teal, or burgundy."
The brochures are really cool.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 10:57pm
Rod Velde's Excel has the bright blue carpet. It's bold and hard to match for repair but certainly has some "pop".

Our first Excel had burgundy and it was very hard to keep clean looking.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76 Ski Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2014 at 3:30pm
Can't thank you enough for the input. My wife and i actually went another direction. (Souh actually) for a 2001 sport with apex engine with 452 hrs. Pics to follow in diaries. This 95 is still available. Up for grabs. Thanks again for your comments. Always reliable!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic