NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Woody takes a pull and gets a plunge

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woody takes a pull and gets a plunge
    Posted: September-01-2014 at 10:46pm
Well it happened. I know pics or it didn't but you'll have to take my word. Yesterday was out with my two favorite boys, my son and my nephew Joe. Burton had hoped to get a little barefoot practice but no conditions so Joe worked on his wakeboard and did well from the boom to the short rope and then the long. Burton did his usual routine next on the board while I got in some important driving experience and then he coaxed me out if I felt ready to try skiing after probably 40 years of watching. Well guess it was a matter of timing or who knows but next i know I am out on the boom and up on the trick skis. Did pretty good so tried my hand at the short rope. Long run on that also so with a big grin on my face I thought better quit while I an ahead. Now I have enough confidence to perhaps try the long rope behind the boat next time out. Never too old right?
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2014 at 11:36pm
never to old....

now about the pics...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2014 at 12:01am
Now you have braggin' rights!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2014 at 10:06am
Nice work Jack!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2014 at 10:22am
That's great, Jack!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2014 at 10:30am
Good job buddy!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2014 at 10:38am
Awesome news Jack and congratulations.... At this rate I may never meet the requirements of the "Senior Trick Ski Run" at the Benjamin Bayou ....Just stay away from TRBenj if your in a group pull with him.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2014 at 10:46pm
I suspect encouragement has a great deal to do with the learning of this stuff. Specially for all ages. Thanks to those who have offered same. Nowhere was it more visible than the TBenj. gathering where many ages were represented and all encouraged to try something they had an inclination or desire to do. Time to get a picture of my rare form.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2014 at 10:54pm
Tim, eventually you'll meet the requirements of the Senior Trick Ski Run whether you like it or not. Jack, sounds like you're getting ready for next year's reunion. We'll have to resurrect the STSR. I don't know what happened to this year's. I guess it was too cold for some.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2014 at 11:31pm
Great job Jack!
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2014 at 11:12am
Soo proud of my Dad!   I wasn't sure we'd get him out there but figured it was worth a shot and the timing was perfect. As for pics, well none for now but we will see what we can do. Another clarification I feel I must make is that he was on "wake" skis, not " trick" skis. Details details. Stay tuned more to come.
Burton
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2014 at 11:20am
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2014 at 1:56pm
That's terrific Jack!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic