Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Paint is begining to blister under the water line
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paint is begining to blister under the water line

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dflink24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dflink24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paint is begining to blister under the water line
    Posted: August-27-2014 at 9:37am
I have a 1968 correct craft skylark. I pulled it out of the water yesterday and when i finished cleaning it I noticed that the paint was beginning to blister. What can I do besides stripping the gel coat? Anyone have any similar issues?
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 9:55am
Please clarify - is the gel blistering, or is the hull painted?

Gel will have to be removed if that is what is blistering. Alyhough it doesn't hurt anything to leave it blistered.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
dflink24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dflink24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 10:21am
From what i can see it looks like the blistering is in the gel coat. Is this an expensive fix?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 10:48am
Yes it is a very expensive fix it would really depend on how bad the blisters are as to whether or not it would be worth the bother, do you leave the boat sitting in the water all summer?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic