NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

skutsch

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: skutsch
    Posted: August-19-2014 at 1:34pm
The big man had an unsuspecting little fall barefooting with us Friday that resulted in broken and dislocated vertabrae in his upper back and lower neck. Surgery went very well and he gets to go home today. With his work ethic I'm sure he will have a successful recovery. I didn't know whether or not to post anything but I do know he's really loved by this group so many of you would want to know.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 1:43pm
Ouch Steve , hope your feeling better. Was it a hold my beer and watch this?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 1:45pm
First and foremost, thank god he is going to be OK and I am sure the girls are all thrilled he will be coming home!!

For us older barefooting guys this is pretty scary stuff, any thought as to a cause, straight forward, backward or was it a sideways fall.

Great to hear you are on the mend, Get well soon Steve!!
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 1:50pm
Sorry to hear about this Steve... I wish you a speedy recovery!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 1:58pm
Scary stuff Steve, glad to hear you're ok! Heal fast!
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 2:00pm
yikes, get better soon. glad you're gonna be ok.

clearly this was HW's fault
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 2:37pm
Get well soon, Steve!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 2:44pm
Wow! Scary stuff. Makes this senior division guy think twice. Saw on FB that he was having a health issue, but there were no details. Also saw he responded to one of the posts, so at least I knew he was quasi OK. Not that Steve's old, but us older guys gotta watch it with this stuff, I guess. We see our 20s and 30s buddies doing this stuff and we say we can do it. Gotta realize our bodies are not quite as pliable as the younger guys. I try to be careful, but at the same time, I march on and push it a bit. My wife is constantly asking (telling??) me to slow down, that I'm not 25 any more and shouldnt be pushing it so. If I ever got hurt, the fall would be minor compared to what she would do to me. In recent years I've said the llbd was the end of my wish list, but having got that down, I'm already thinking about B2Fs. I'll never learn!   Get well fast, Steve. Glad you are OK!
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 2:45pm
Speedy recovery Steve

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 2:51pm
Speedy recovery papa-Steve-o. I'm coming over this weekend weather you like it or not.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 2:57pm
Hate hearing stuff like this, glad to hear he'll be ok down the road. Get well soon Steve.

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 3:08pm
Got wind of this yesterday via text message and immediately called HW for the scoop. Didn't get ahold of him right away so I texted Skutsch to see if he would respond. Much to my surprise he did.... Told him word got out and that I was praying for him and this was his response.....

Thanks Tim....Very scary! I fractured 3 vertabrae & displaced 2 in my neck. Prayers got me through this far and the outcome is miraculous. Did it footin and thankfully I have full range of motion in all extremities... Unfortunately my skiing days are over as my neck is too fragile....

Hope is all on the mend and the Doc's got you good and fixed up. We know you've got a great support group at the house. Get well soon Bro!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 3:16pm
Wow, glad to hear is prognosis on recovering is great..
Good vibes coming your way Steve !!!
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 3:42pm
Tim shot me a copy of the text yesterday and I can't tell you how shocked I was. Thought I would wait to see what was cause/effect/prognosis would be. By the way Tim, thanks for the heads up.

Each of us has said in jest more than once if it was easy everybody would do it. We take things for granted when we're able to partake in something that we love to do. It's always an eye opener when you hear of something that hits so close to home with a true friend. It's just another reminder that we have to cherish everything while we can.

Our prayers are with you Steve. Mend quickly and heal well.

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 4:53pm
Hey Guys, I am home, taking a few minutes on the computer to squash rumors etc.   Posted the details on facebook.

So I was not doing anything crazy. Jonny and I were doing a double, we got up did a nice butt glide and as I transitioned to 3 point I caught my right foot which spun me. I landed on my back once and before I could let go got slammed again. There is video tape, I don't think I can watch it... The only thing I have second guessed, was whether or not I should have actually been trying to foot because of the water conditions.

Unfortunately, because all three injuries were so close the doctor said it will never be strong enough to do strenous activities. Footing is out, slalom is out, I hate pair skis, no wakeboarding or tubing, I Might be able to surf.

Skiing was my passion, but lately I have been getting a huge thrill out of teaching others, so going forward, I hope to be able to instruct and of course, I am ALWAYS available to drive.

The other part of this that I will share is that this is a MIRACLE, I should not have been able to walk away from the initial injury, and I should have had complications from the surgery. I got through this from all of your prayers. I have no doubt.

I am open to visits, so if your in the area stop by. I will be in the brace for 6 months - so can't drive for that long either - that is going to be tough.

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH IT IS APPRECIATED!!!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 5:09pm
Dude,
You dodged about the biggest bullet you could have.. Yes, loosing the ability to ski is one thing, being able to walk is a whole different thing.. Do what the doc says to the letter so you heal right and can still play with the kids..

It will get better as time goes. If you need anything, just let us know..

God Bless..

Dave
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH IT IS APPRECIATED!!!

Yes we do, There's a bond between the ccfans that can not be explained. Priceless friendships are built here. Rest easy brother and get well, you'll probably hear this a thousand times but anything you need please reach out.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 5:24pm
Sorry to hear about the injury, but glad to hear you are doing well. Sending good thoughts your way.
halfnelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halfnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 5:32pm
Wow, that's tough to hear. Not being able to ski is a small price, could have been so much worse. Glad to hear you'll make a full recovery!

Far too many neck injuries in this sport. Names like Jeff Carrington and Kyle Eade come to mind, and most recently Brad Smeele. My dad crashed jumping back in the 80's and messed up some nerves in his neck, doctor told him the same thing. Next time he wouldn't be so lucky. That was the end of his jumping. Sometimes it's best to just listen to the doctor.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, get well soon!

Brian
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 5:34pm
Tough situation, glad you'll come out of it OK.

Since I'm the last person in the world not on Facebook I can't read the details but I'm assuming the boat crew and their handling of the situation was a big help in this becoming a happy outcome? Any lessons in dealing with such an injury on the water that could help others out in the future? I know I don't have a back board on the boat and really wouldn't know what to do, exactly, in this situation.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 5:40pm
Thank God it wasn't worse. I wish you a fast recovery.
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 7:53pm
Thank God you will be OK. Teaching sounds great.
Heres to a quick and smooth recovery!!
Js
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 8:02pm
That was way to close a call Steve. Unlucky but incredibly lucky all at the same time. Thank goodness for modern medicine. We are hoping and praying for your speedy recovery.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 8:57pm
Steve,
Good luck with the recovery. You'll be out on the water again!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 9:13pm
Steve good news that the surgery went well and you are on the mend.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 9:44pm
Steve, best of luck to you in your recovery. Although we've never met, I can't help but feel a connection. 40's, daughters, barefooting, career, etc.

Would a neck brace have helped?
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 9:47pm
Good luck Steve, we never met but if you find yourself down South give a whistle. You can drive my boat and drag my kids all day while I drink beer on the beach.. :)
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 11:04pm
Sorry to hear of your mishap Steve! Tough break, but, as has been said, it could have been a lot worse. Take it easy, and get healed up quickly.
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 11:05pm
I have Burton out there learning to foot now so this gets my attention a bit more than it might. Best wishes in your recovery bud I think it falls under the category more of accidents will happen then an older age thing.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2014 at 12:00am
Get well soon Steve! You'll be the designated driver at next years GL.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
  Share Topic