Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer Tire advice please

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
boardersdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boardersdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2014 at 6:28am
btw, maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a stop on the front of that trailer. What stops the boat if you have to slam on the brakes at high speed? The transom straps won't. That could get really ugly.
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2014 at 7:11am
Steve, you are asking for trouble! But seriously, for years I couldn't convince dad to run trailer tires, he'd often run car tires and no problems. I wouldn't do that but hey, that's why I bought my own so I can call my own shots.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2014 at 9:13am
Originally posted by boardersdad boardersdad wrote:

Ok, I'm sure I'll be roundly flamed, but for what it's worth, my used CC trailer came with car tires on the trailer. I said I would replace them as soon as I could, but they've done fine. They run pretty close to the fenders, but no evidence on the tires of any contact. I bring it up because it sounds like you're going to tow all of one time in the next few years. Maybe used car tires would make sense... but you have to make the call.

Ok, flame away! I can take it.

I have run car tires on several trailer and have NEVER has a problem!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2014 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by boardersdad boardersdad wrote:

btw, maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a stop on the front of that trailer. What stops the boat if you have to slam on the brakes at high speed? The transom straps won't. That could get really ugly.

It used to have another layer of boards custom cut to the hull contour that held it tight, took them off because it rode too high for the more gradual shallow ramps here in GA. Now plan to retrofit a new-style CC bowstop from Zach.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2014 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I have run car tires on several trailer and have NEVER has a problem!!!

You don't go anywhere
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic