NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

prop recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

I also understand the prop will tighten when I put it in the water first time after reinstalling prop.

No, the prop should be tight on it's taper before it goes in the water.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 11:02pm
It's as tight on the taper as it's going to get. I guess I'll find out how I did when I take her out this Saturday.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2014 at 9:57pm
My prop is a right handed prop correct? I'm looking at a used Acme 422 for $205.

Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2014 at 10:37pm
Yeah
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2014 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Orlando76 Orlando76 wrote:

Yeah

Just wanted to confirm. There are no markings on the prop notating rotation direction that I can see.

Took it out Saturday. Didn't feel any abnormal vibration, but then again there's always enough to make the dash mounted mirror shake. It's one of those things where you're not sure if the vibration has always been there or is new now that you're paying attention and looking for it.

JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 9:25pm
So a forum member kindly offered me a replacement OJ like I have for next to nothing or I can get this used Acme 422 for $205.

We wakeboard 99% of the time.

Link To Ad

Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 9:37pm
FWIW, I don't think I could ever try any other prop but an Acme. Plus $205 doesn't sound bad.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 9:38pm
You definitely should go with the 422 over another OJ. I saw that ad mentioned earlier, it's a long way away from me and the guy only has 3 posts on PN, so be careful.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

You definitely should go with the 422 over another OJ. I saw that ad mentioned earlier, it's a long way away from me and the guy only has 3 posts on PN, so be careful.

I thought about that. His reply to me asking if it was still for sale:

"Yes - still for sale.

Replaced it with a 654 as previous owner was more of a skier than a wakeboarder. The 654 gives me better starts when the ballast tanks and bags are full. I don't really need the top end the 422 provides.

I can send it COD via UPS. You would need to present the driver with a Cashier's Check or Money Order.

Thanks,
Mark"

a0128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a0128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 10:02pm

I'd be careful too, however I am a pretty trustworthy guy. New to PN and CCF. Bought a 1999 Pro Air Nautique a couple of months ago and loving it! Prior boat was a 1979 Ski Nautique.
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 10:14pm
Wowza.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 10:31pm
Hi Mark, and welcome to CCF! No offense intended obviously, just have to be careful buying "stuff". Jpass, guess it's safe to buy the 422, so go for it!

Quite a difference moving to the Pro Air from your '79 Ski, huh. I love having all the room for gear in a bigger boat.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 10:35pm
Mark agreed to send it and accept payment on delivery. That's pretty hard to turn down. He has to have some trust in me to make such an offer.

Thanks to everyone for the help. Can't wait to try out the new prop.

Airfooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

Yes - still for sale.

Replaced it with a 654 as previous owner was more of a skier than a wakeboarder. The 654 gives me better starts when the ballast tanks and bags are full. I don't really need the top end the 422 provides.

I can send it COD via UPS. You would need to present the driver with a Cashier's Check or Money Order.

Thanks,
Mark"

What's wrong with this response? I'm just wondering in case I need to sell something with my lack of posts.
1992 Nautique Excel
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 11:31pm
my question would have been why didn't he go for the 1442...that's what I have on my PAN and I love it
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 11:52pm
Bigger boat needs less prop, 422 for a proboss SN. That's a steal for a 422, can't believe you waffled for a second... I almost bought it and I already have one.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 12:10am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

That's a steal for a 422, can't believe you waffled for a second... I almost bought it and I already have one.

I was pretty set on getting it as I thought it was a great deal. I was already talking to the seller through PN before realizing he was a member here.

I still wanted to run it by you guys here on the forum. More so to look at the condition of it in the pics prior to pulling the trigger.

No waffling at all, just doing additional research and getting opinions.

Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 8:14am
Bet you a cold one you'll like it better than OJ and it'll put a on your face!
a0128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a0128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 4:36pm

Hi Mark, and welcome to CCF! No offense intended obviously, just have to be careful buying "stuff". Jpass, guess it's safe to buy the 422, so go for it!

Quite a difference moving to the Pro Air from your '79 Ski, huh. I love having all the room for gear in a bigger boat.

Thanks for the welcome. The 79 Nautique was a great boat; fast and nimble. Loved it for what it was. The Pro Air is certainly more roomy, smoother and a great beginner to intermediate wakeboard boat. I don't ski any more but have pulled a few skier types and all have liked the wake (ballast tanks empty of course). Once the ballast tanks are filled (we also use a couple of fat sacs) the wake is perfect for my kids and their friends.

JPass will have the prop on Thursday so he should be back on the water this weekend.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 4:44pm
JP,
Did you get the 422 on? I run one on my 99 and like it! I'm sure it will do fine on your nwz but interested to hear what you think.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 5:04pm
It will ride like a new boat with the new prop! Since you are lapping the prop and really doing things properly, it may be a good time to check the alignment on the shaft, packing, and cutlass bearing.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 5:30pm
Mark, I guess that means that despite the message from 8/12 via PN I will not get the prop?

JP no hard feelings from my end re you! Enjoy the new ride! But if I come down to FL, I'll ask for a pull
1994 Sport Nautique
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 5:43pm
FWIW, a friend of mine had a prop repaired by a guy named Skip down in Fl. He did a great job, cost was very reasonable, and fast turnaround.
He sells some props on Ski-it-again website. He has incredible knowledge about props and SN, and I think he has some used stuff. He has a new 422 listed for $380. In case anyone is interested. I have no affiliation with Skip, only got his name from a good friend that was very satisfied with his work.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 6:05pm
$386 from delta w/free shipping
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by emccallum emccallum wrote:

it may be a good time to check the alignment on the shaft, packing, and cutlass bearing.

Definitely a good idea. I'll need to brush up on how to check the alignment as I've never done it in the year and a half we've owned the boat.

I think I have the prop lapping down-pat.

JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by a0128 a0128 wrote:

JPass will have the prop on Thursday so he should be back on the water this weekend.

Thank you sir. Looking forward to getting it installed and on the water to try it out.

JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Toertel Toertel wrote:

JP no hard feelings from my end re you! Enjoy the new ride! But if I come down to FL, I'll ask for a pull

No problem with the pull. I'm pretty sure there will be another 422 on here shortly. I got a PM from a member stating he would be listing some used props (a 422 was one of them) for sale soon.

*mtrbtr* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *mtrbtr* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 8:57pm
I have dealt with Skip from FL too. Traded him a 654 for an 1868. Good guy.   Said he worked for Nautique in the past too.
2006 SV 211 (sold) went to the dark side
97 Sport Nautique (sold)
89 PS 190 (sold)
05 Four Winns H180 (sold)
89 Four Winns 180 Freedom (sold)
75 MFG (sold)
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 10:47pm
Seb, if another one comes up I'll hold off, if you want it go for it. I'll keep my eyes open as well, would like to find one to try before the season is over.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 11:54pm
63 skier, don't worry and got for one. Thanks thou!
Mine is fine and that way I got something to do as a winter thing
1994 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic