NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

When to through someone over board.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When to through someone over board.....
    Posted: August-09-2014 at 12:49pm

- put his flip flops on-top of my motor box vinyl like he was Captain Hook
- not picking up his beer bottles and caps from the floor
- kept showing me every bayliner on the water as saying "wow that's a nice boat, why don't you get one of those"
- kept telling me about his "buddies" Yamaha jet engine boat and how awesome it was
- told me I need to put a "tower" on mine and it would be a better boat
- "soo what's so special about this boat" (mefer it's a classic and it's been in our family since new )
- did not bother or offer helping load or unload the gear
- did not bother or offer to help clean up the boat
- and did not bother saying thank you for taking his axx out on the water

Sorry for the rant, you know when you meet someone for the first time and your only thinking about how this person is a douche and all you want to do is through the guy overboard Well this is what happen to me when meeting our friends boyfriend (not anymore) from Alabama while I took him out on the boat with the kids.

Happy boating
Kostas N
84SN2001
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2014 at 12:59pm
I had a pontoon in the past and we would go out each weekend. My daughter had a friend and her parents invited themselves on my boat for the day. While in the middle of the lake, the father tells me that all boaters are bad for burning gasoline just to play on the lake. Then he tells me that driving SUVs are also bad on the environment and used too many natural resources that other third world countries did not have. We had just used my Tahoe to launch the dang pontoon boat. I have always ben a big #3 fan and have a 1987 Dale SR. sticker on my redneck cooler. This A-Hole pulls a free beer out of my cooler and then he starts taking crap about Earnhardt Sr. This was strike three in my book. He hated Dale Sr. but he sure did not mind drinking my beer out of the cooler.

I was polite and finished the day and dropped them off at their home. A few days latter this family calls my home and tells me that they have purchased chips and snacks for going out on the boat with us the next weekend. Needless to say, I never invited them back on my boat or boats.

It hurt their feelings that we never invited them back on the boat.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2014 at 1:19pm
Kostas,
You are more patient than I would have been. Luckily I don't come across "friends" like you have described!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2014 at 1:24pm
Donald,
I think you did the right thing, or at least you did what I would have. In all honesty he probably never realized he was trash talking our lifestyle. If he had any sense he'd realize burning that gas is creating work and $ for the people in the energy business and I thank you for that. If your Tahoe is anything like my Chevy I know you're creating plenty of jobs at the local Chevrolet dealership which in turn gives other families the opportunity to buy pontoons and CC's and so on, which is keeping the American Dream rotating. I know I wouldn't want to boat with a guy like that.

And don't hate because Senior knew how to drive.

If you don't bring water, gas or beer, and don't clean the boat, then don't come back.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2014 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by OldSchoolBlue84 OldSchoolBlue84 wrote:

- put his flip flops on-top of my motor box vinyl like he was Captain Hook

That's all it would take to toss his @$$ overboard.

I explain the rules before they get on board and if they break any rule they are subject to ejection. "Miss Scarlett" is 26 years old and she looks like she is almost new because she is spoiled and because of said rules.   You don't like my rules then don't bother going. Take it or leave it.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2014 at 1:30pm
"When to throw someone overboard"
Tie anchor rope around ankles at: "flipflops"
Push at: "beer bottles"
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2014 at 2:50pm
It took a lot for me not to loose my gasket. I knew I would never see that guy again, had a vibe, so I kept my cool. All I ask is to be courtesy and through a thanks.....

Our friend did apologized so she is welcome back on the boat

Donald, even though their feelings were hurt, what about yours

Have a good one and let's get our ski on
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2014 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

I explain the rules before they get on board and if they break any rule they are subject to ejection. "Miss Scarlett" is 26 years old and she looks like she is almost new because she is spoiled and because of said rules.   You don't like my rules then don't bother going. Take it or leave it.

I'm the same way.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2014 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by OldSchoolBlue84 OldSchoolBlue84 wrote:

]

Donald, even though their feelings were hurt, what about yours

I have been in Sales for 28 years and married for 20 years. I have no more feelings to hurt.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2014 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

That's all it would take to toss his @$$ overboard.

Same here!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

wataugasn84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wataugasn84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2014 at 3:33pm
I had my niece and a few of her college friends on boat recently, I wanted them to have fun and told them that I had only one rule .When entering from the swim deck don't step on seat just slide it forward a little and step on floor. Do you think they listened $@#$ no I calmly told them again why the reason for this rule , she is thirty years old , all original including interior. The three girls listened , the young man in kaki shorts and long sleeve striped shirt not so much. I convinced him to get in water and impress the ladies and ski. I drug his a## , allowed him to get up once the dumped him several times!! Revenge is sweet!
Watuugasn84
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2014 at 9:20pm
Just today, took wifey's two friends (husband and wife) from college on boat. Wifes suggestion, definitely not mine. Spent $50 in gas, bought our own lunch, tried teaching him to ski. I just got through waxing and drying the boat, putting the fans in, covering it up, meanwhile He's watching ESPN on my tv.
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 9:31am
I ran into an interesting situation this weekend. I found my wife and a friend were wandering around at the drag boat races on Friday night after the the Show and Shine. Most of the boats were still out and my wife was wandering around talking to people (she's the event coordinator) and bumming beers. Everyone wants to talk about their boat and they'll let you get in and take a pic if you want. As I walk up her friend hops in one for a pic and then they tell my wife to do the same thing. It's a boat so she takes off her sandals and climbs in. While her friend is trying to take a pic with her phone I look over at the owner and he has a really confused look on his face. So I ask him what's the problem even though I know the answer. He's never seen anyone take off their shoes to get in the boat, it's a race boat and not something you drive without plenty of gear on so shoes are required.

It's such a habit now that we don't even think about it.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 11:01am
It's awesome when boating with boat people or just observant people who follow your lead. My non boating friend yesterday without me saying anything while pulling into the dock she took the dock line and grabbed a bite on a cleat. I asked her why she did that she said well I figured it would be easier to control the boat with incoming wake while to tied up... and I noticed you do it. They also noticed the gas sign said $5.14 a gallon on water and figured beer would be a good thing to contribute to easy the pain!

That only happens 1 out of every 100 times you take someone new out. Normally 100% of outing is on the owner.

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 11:13am
I guess I got lucky last week. Around 25 different teenagers going in and out of my boat over the course of 4 days. All were very good about keeping feet clean, asking to help and taking care of equipment. Of course none offered to donate to the gas fund or anything like that, andthat was obviously not expected but they all brought soda, water and sports drinks as well as snacks (that all stayed on the beach!). They all said thanks and I think they all had a great time. I came away with a new found hope for the younger generation. In my heart I believe they will continue to be respectful AND come back to boats, skiing, etc as they transition to adulthood.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 11:33am
I just exploded this weekend.
We tied up at lake lanier island (docks right in front of a beach and waterpark) waiting for friends to show up in their minivan (aka sundancer), so that the kids can play some.
While I'm in the water cleaning the boat and come back around, there is a kid jumping off my platform
He seems a little older than our son and I ask him the PG13 version of WTF r u doing on my boat?
This is where the dad enters the scene and says "he saw your boy jumping of the platform and also wanted to do it, so I told him to go ahead"
I almost lost it in front of my boy...

But most folks so far behaved quite well and while gas $$$ never happened, beer did :-)
1994 Sport Nautique
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 1:25pm
I have few stories.
When we put new carpet in our boat, that same weekend my cousin had muddy feet and she started walking on the front of the boat, almost stepped on the front hood scoop. She then continued walking around the wind shield still leaving muddy tracks and was about to step in until I pushed her into the water.

The next story is, I have a friend that I only see up at my campground and his dad just got a boat about 2 years ago. He doesn't really care about boats considering he ripped out our glove box, because he got scared at WOP. back on the other story, So he decided to sit on my dads friend's boat. He sat on the platform. That wasn't bolted on. Out of the water. Lets just say he doesn't let that kid even touching his boat.
1972 Mustang
Nelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 2:32pm
Oh my god this stuff is killing me. What a great thread.

I love the clowns who try and fish of a dock full of boats also. They always have about 4 kids with them swinging a razor sharp hook around just waiting to hook into my vinyl. And when they get hooked forget about trying to gently pull it out….NO!!! Let’s just pull it as hard as we can…………
1986 Ski Nautique 2001
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 3:00pm
Just gotta say "there is no cure for stupid"
As like everyone else here I will not put up with stupid especially from adults & their miss-behaving kids and when in my boat will tell them that "in a polite way" the first time!

But on the other hand I have two kids 7 & 3 and a big white furry dog that goes everywhere with us so when we get to go out in the boat as a family I don't sweat the small stuff( muddy paws, wet soggy cracker crumbs all over, lots of in & out I means lots of in & out) after all it is only a boat have fun that's what they're for.
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Nelson Nelson wrote:

Oh my god this stuff is killing me. What a great thread.

I love the clowns who try and fish of a dock full of boats also. They always have about 4 kids with them swinging a razor sharp hook around just waiting to hook into my vinyl. And when they get hooked forget about trying to gently pull it out….NO!!! Let’s just pull it as hard as we can…………
If a hook ever gets stuck in my seats... They wont have a fishing pole anymore. They would have about 3 fishing poles when I'm done with the original one.
1972 Mustang
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 10:31pm
I can honestly say my buddies chip in regularly for gas, booze, and food. When I get home and I'm emptying out the boat I usually find cash in the glove compartment and extra beers in the cooler.

I also had a snap in cushion made for the back bench so people step on that instead of the nicely stitched original bench when getting in and out of the boat.

I need to work on getting people to remember to not use spray sunblock while in the boat. I have to keep reminding people constantly. It gets old after a while.

If I wasn't so anal about my stuff, none of this would be an issue. Lol.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

I need to work on getting people to remember to not use spray sunblock while in the boat. I have to keep reminding people constantly. It gets old after a while.

Forgot to mention he did that as well

We need to buy the biggest lake and have all our ccfans live there, then it would be a peaceful world
dmiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 6:52pm
Thank God I'm not the only one.

My wife and kids think I'm unreasonable for being so anal about my boat. No shoes, eating, drinking (other than water), and for crying out loud, stand on the back and let some of the water drain off of you before stepping in. What do you think this is, just any old boat??

I purchased my 92 SN from the original owner who was THE single most anal person I had ever met and at 400+ hours, it literally looked like it just rolled out of the showroom. I honestly feel that it's really still his boat (to this day, his name is still on the dash) and I'm just fortunate enough to be in possession of it.

I am curious about other people's "rules"??
Doug
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 7:09pm
3 rules only:
1) No shoes, use only my sunblock that I provide, no orange colored snacks or Fritos.
2) If you are under 18 you will wear a helmet when boarding. There are three on the tower, help yourself.
3) You are crew, not a passenger. Load and unload gear, help the next rider and for Heavens sake keep the damn rope from under the boat.

Everything else goes, have fun. Douche nozzles will not be invited out again.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 7:16pm
Bait killer,
I count more than 3 rules but my new favorite term "douche nozzles" makes up for it.
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 7:25pm
Ive read a lot of these. Some make me laugh. Its funny because growing up i always had a rule on my boats where open toed shoes were not allowed. Every time someone wore sandals or flip flops the first aid kit ended up coming out.
Needless to say i don't require footware on my bfn but i wont deny access. Really what is a sneaker going to ruin?
My fish nautique is footware required. Open toed is your own choice. Or mistake in my opinion. I always have extra fireman boots for those who want.

1988 Barefoot nautique-454
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 7:32pm
Well, besides the stupidity we all see many time (on our boats or when round the docks), I have two main rules:
1. think safety (and explain some simple stuff like don't try to reach for the dock when approaching...to keep the rope away from the prop...)
2. Have fun and enjoy the time on the boat (for us it always feels like a mini vacation)

When I explained that to our son, he got the idea right away.
"Dad, your the captain and we do what you say, mom is the 2nd captain and he is the 3rd..." Smart boy.
I then asked him to explain this hierarchy to my wife and he refused, explaining "Your only the captain on the boat..." REALY smart boy
1994 Sport Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 8:02pm
Boat rules:
-no food (my kids had something red and it smeared on the new white interior which was only 1 month old , the sun did bleach it out eventually

- when stepping onto the boat with shoes, step on the gel coat, not the white vinyl arm rest

- for the kids, some adults, when the boat is in motion, must sit down and arms in the boat

- for the kids, some adults, do not play with the dash while I am driving or not in the seat

- don't lean or grab onto the glass frame

It seems basic rules but challenging for others
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 8:34pm
The problem with shoes is little tiny pebbles can get stuck in the treads and scrape gelcoat... black soled shoes can mark up boats.. while I do like maintaining my stuff... I like to limit the times I need to spend on my hands and knees scrubbing the carpet because someone let the kids hop in my boat with muddy shoes... even the dog is considerate enough to wash his paws and shake before he hops in
ncdoubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncdoubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 8:48pm
At our last Wake The World event, we heard one of the greatest rules. The daughter of one of the boat owners, who was probably 9 years old, was overheard answering her Dad's question of "What is the #1 rule?", she said, "Skin heals, scratches last forever". All this while she was putting the boat bumpers out and making sure his boat didn't get dinged up in the least! Of course, he was in a 2014 Wakesetter, that had every bell and whistle you could ask for. I believe he's actually sponsored by Malibu, which would make sense, since he's either #1 or #2 in the world on the Air Chair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic