NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spotted on the side of the road!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spotted on the side of the road!!
    Posted: July-31-2014 at 7:53pm
I was working up in Jacksonville, Mayport Naval Station, and spotted this Nautique off to the side of a Marine dealership. I was so amazed, I had to take pictures to show here. Looks like a 2000? Bowrider. Its 2 blocks from the intercoastal waterway, so likely lived in the salt. Exhaust manifolds off, and lots of beer cans and weeds!? No one at dealer to ask details. Salvagable? Smith girls said, "we can clean it"!!
Js
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2014 at 8:03pm
What a shame. What dealer? I need the FC2 tower!
Tom
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2014 at 8:14pm
its a 2000 for sure.

see what they want to drag it off the lot and part it out, I might be interested in the trailer. you could definitely sell the dash, platform, and underwater running gear...lot of other good stuff on there too probably. the upholstery is definitely junk so I'm not real optimistic about the panel by the drivers seat, but I need one of those too
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2014 at 8:17pm
Beer cans? In the boat? Quinner must have been there first then-----
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2014 at 8:18pm
It has a Killinger Marine sticker on the back of the boat that should read: Killed it Marine.

Adam that looks like an E-Z Loader trailer and one that is not made from an inboard. Hard to tell from the angle.

Donald
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2014 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Beer cans? In the boat? Quinner must have been there first then-----

Check it to see if it has Quinner's Tool kit in the boat.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2014 at 8:42pm
Killinger marine is in Pensacola. Owner must have been or is Navy, as now it is at Mayport Naval. I will see if I can get more info on it. I was on my Harley and could not believe my eyes, had to pull in and inspect. The stop was worth it, simply unbelievable. I did not open motor, may have had "Broke block" no Brokeback seen.
Js
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2014 at 9:04pm
its hard to see what's under there, all I can see is dual axle and an easy spot to stick guide poles
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2014 at 9:32pm
What a shame.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2014 at 10:27pm
Can we track owner through registration numbers? I also call the ski rope.
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2014 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by seacamper seacamper wrote:

Can we track owner through registration numbers? I also call the ski rope.

C'mon Tom, you got enough tubing ropes already.

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 12:52pm
I would say a 2001, the gas vent is below the rub rail.
Tim D
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 12:59pm
The 75th anniversary decal indicates it is a 2000. Ill take the pylon! I'm not sure the "owner" would even notice if you swapped the towers Tom...
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 7:16pm
green nautique! poor boat...but for 1k I would be interested...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 7:17pm
engine is most likeley toast also...
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 7:19pm
something serious happened to leave this boat abandoned to the elements like that...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 9:14pm
There has got to be a good story behind this Nautique, and I am working on getting it. Called the dealer today and no answer to the automated sales department. I left a voice mail. When you headed to Mexico Kap?
Js
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

The 75th anniversary decal indicates it is a 2000. Ill take the pylon! I'm not sure the "owner" would even notice if you swapped the towers Tom...

That's a high Pylon? Stock?
Js
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 9:56pm
stock on the pro air. and I know why HW wants it, its only a few inches but a few inches makes a big difference
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Killinger marine is in Pensacola. Owner must have been or is Navy, as now it is at Mayport Naval. I will see if I can get more info on it. I was on my Harley and could not believe my eyes, had to pull in and inspect. The stop was worth it, simply unbelievable. I did not open motor, may have had "Broke block" no Brokeback seen.

Oh man, it would be awful if it was some Navy personnel who shipped over seas and never made it back... Let's hope that's not the story you uncover...
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2014 at 12:24pm
I didn't see the exhaust manifolds laying on the floor the first time I looked at the pics. Is part of it broken off where it mounts to the head?
Tim D
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2014 at 1:21pm
I called the dealer today and asked about the Nautique. He claimed it as "Abandoned", not his, or on his property, and has no idea as to ownership, status or story? I think in a case like this, the city eventually gets involved, tows it somewhere, sends notification to last known registered owner, and if no reply, within a time frame auctions or destroys? Anyone in the Jacksonville area interested? I am 2 hours south in Orlando, and no plans to return soon.
Js
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2014 at 1:40pm
seascamper, if I was you I would grab my screwdriver and take a ride...sounds like a free tower to me
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
dangerwil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangerwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2014 at 4:15pm
I can go get it, but I don't wanna catch a charge. I hate jail food.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2014 at 4:38pm
Shouldn't be a big deal to look up the owner through registration.

Worth investigating for parts.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2014 at 6:06pm
You need to look at the state laws, abandoned vessels are different than a vehicle. Illinois determined that my Mustang had been abandoned,I sent in pictures of it, they sent me the last known contact of the owner never was able to get him,they in turn gave me title. If I was near by I'd check into it.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2014 at 6:40pm
If we can get an address or contact for the actual property owner off the tax map, we could ask the property owner if they know the story. If there are registration numbers on the boat,we could work it that way. I would drive up and check it out if we could figure out those details.
Tom
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2014 at 6:51pm
Here the FL laws. Florida is a title state, see process below.
So it might be easier to ask the property owner first.
The first requirement is to report it to a law enforcement agency. The law enforcement agency will collect a fee for beginning an investigation, conduct an investigation under Section 705.103, Florida Statutes, and determine the owner of the vessel. If the vessel is not claimed in the process of the investigation, the law enforcement agency may transfer it to the finder with a bill of sale and evidence of the investigation. The finder would then make application to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) to have the title put into his name.
The investigation process usually takes between 45 days to 120 days or longer. The cost associated with the investigation is usually between $300 and $600. The costs may be more or less than this depending on the investigation requirements.
1994 Sport Nautique
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2014 at 2:49pm
So after talking with Jerry today, I looked at the tax maps, and I think I may have left a message with who I think may be the property owner. Who knows? I will keep everyone updated.
Tom
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2014 at 2:55pm
This is interesting.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic