NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spotted on the side of the road!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2014 at 6:02pm
Very cool story here. Kinda similar to the '77 I bought.

To make a long story short...I found it in an old barn with vines growing in it. Track down the owner (who actually had possession of it) and worked a deal out. When it came time to get paper work together, they stated that they had so many problems with the boat they never transferred any ownership. I was like wow, so where do I start. I wanted the boat and didn't have any reason not to believe them. I got a notarized bill of sale from them and started the search for the last owner on record.

I finally located and talked with the PO and said he had sold that boat about 7 years prior. He was nice and we applied to the state for a duplicate title and he then signed it over to me. This took about 8 months to get worked out. It was worth it in the end, but surely a hassle.

Good luck. Allen
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 9:06am
So would it be sacrilegious to part this boat out? Would it be worth to to store the windshield, running gear, interior panels, doghouse, all the hatches, prop, rudder, GT40 heads,transmission, trailer, until a ccfan individual needed them? Adam wants a side panel, Hollywood wants a larger pole, I want the tower, anyone else?
By the way, is the 2000 hull that much different than a 99? Would it not be a shame to haul that hull off to the dump? Is there anyone that actually wants the boat as a project?
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 10:01am
Velde99 was looking for a project. He pm'd me, he is in Tampa. I think it would be cost prohibitive to restore. The hull could be used as a bar? Planter? A couch? Keep us posted.
Js
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 10:20am
The $300-$600 investigation process sounds about right to me, however I doubt there would be much of an investigation process so hopefully the cost is less. The Jax/Duval mass nightmare municipality in theory has bigger fish to fry. I bet they'll contact last known PO's address, give them 45 days to claim then after that , fair game. My guess is the process is better left to a local due to lots of useless paper work and Jax/duval is a municipality that shows favoritism to locals IMHO. Ummm, Cough!, dangerwill.........
halfnelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halfnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 10:34am
I don't think it would be cost prohibitive to save it, certainly not worth cutting it up and sending to the landfill. Expensive, yes, but could be a decent boat with a new interior and rebuilt motor/trans. Being a 2000, there's hardly any wood in it so the stringers and floor shouldn't be a factor. Figure $500 for some due diligence and acquisition costs, $4500 or so for a new interior, then evaluate the motor and trans situation. It's a lefty motor, so parts are easy to come by. Sand and buff the hull and deck and it'll look new. If the total investment is under $10k I think it'd be great. Too bad the trailer is terrible.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 10:57am
Tom, if you're willing to do the legwork and take on part storage responsibility I would gladly contribute to the research fund to know that somebody had access to it for when I inevitably need one of those parts, windshield, strut, dash pieces, etc. even knowing the hull, stringers and floor are good it wouldn't be worth it to me to try to bring it back, but somebody ambitious with time for a project could definitely pull it off and have a really nice boat when they're done.

the 99 and 2000 hulls are the same
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by seacamper seacamper wrote:

So would it be sacrilegious to part this boat out? Would it be worth to to store the windshield, running gear, interior panels, doghouse, all the hatches, prop, rudder, GT40 heads,transmission, trailer, until a ccfan individual needed them? Adam wants a side panel, Hollywood wants a larger pole, I want the tower, anyone else?
By the way, is the 2000 hull that much different than a 99? Would it not be a shame to haul that hull off to the dump? Is there anyone that actually wants the boat as a project?

That's Hollywood for you!
Greg

86 BFN
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 6:31pm
More info:

1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 6:33pm
And More:
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
dangerwil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangerwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 7:25pm
I'd be glad to help. I have no interest in a project boat. I could go get it and store it for a week or 2. On a side note I extracted the gps data from the pics and it came up on google maps, exactly where it's supposed to be!

velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 8:34pm
I'd be interested in saving her, but only if I'm not stepping on anyone toes- sounds like lot of interest by people- but not sure if that will translate into actual results. I have a friend who builds boats and he offered to help me. He does labor for free and parts at cost as long as I take him skiing. Has anyone starts the process on this? I will look into it if no one has made official moves with anyone.
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 8:37pm
So boat was last registered in 2003!
86nautique454 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86nautique454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Tom, if you're willing to do the legwork and take on part storage responsibility I would gladly contribute to the research fund to know that somebody had access to it for when I inevitably need one of those parts, windshield, strut, dash pieces, etc. even knowing the hull, stringers and floor are good it wouldn't be worth it to me to try to bring it back, but somebody ambitious with time for a project could definitely pull it off and have a really nice boat when they're done.

the 99 and 2000 hulls are the same

Hey guys, I have plenty of room to store it on my farm during and after the part out. So don't let storage stop you. Tom, my wife never goes there so she can't complain.

Bobby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 8:56pm
Good job Tom! What did you think? ANy other intel gathered? Has an engine. Rebuild possible. Cost just went down. Four blade prop. Any other observations? Contact with any of the locals?
Js
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by velde99 velde99 wrote:

I'd be interested in saving her, but only if I'm not stepping on anyone toes- sounds like lot of interest by people- but not sure if that will translate into actual results. I have a friend who builds boats and he offered to help me. He does labor for free and parts at cost as long as I take him skiing. Has anyone starts the process on this? I will look into it if no one has made official moves with anyone.

Hey Rod,
I would only pursue the parting out process if there was not someone like you who wanted to save her, so please, do what you can.
Tom
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 9:02pm
Step up to the Plate Rod! Could be a deal and a half if all falls together. Got to jump on it and have the initial investment of TIME and cash available. Who wants to do a search on McMahons? I am betting NAVY officer Pilot. This is interesting.
Js
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 9:07pm
get after it rod
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 9:18pm
I would love to see it saved and someone on here get a sweet project thread going.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Good job Tom! What did you think? ANy other intel gathered? Has an engine. Rebuild possible. Cost just went down. Four blade prop. Any other observations? Contact with any of the locals?

Hey Jerry,
I did go by and I found it pretty easily. I noticed the rudder trim was missing, but it appeared to have a full dash.
The trailer was an EZ Loader and may work to move the project, but it has a torsion style suspension that was pretty salt waterized. The guys at the shop next store were pretty cryptic about the situation, and they would love to see the boat gone! They would only say that the boat was not on their property. I checked the tax map, and the corner piece of land that the boat is sitting on is titled to an individual that seems to also own the land the shop is sitting on. The shop could possibly be leased from the owner of the property, and the shop guy may not realize the land the boat is sitting on is owned by the same guy that he rents from, because a small segment of the land seems to break the contiguous property line and is owned by a advertising company, and that is where the billboard sign sits near the boat. I did some backwards sleuthing by google searching the owners name and phone, and I ended up with his home phone listed under his wife's name. I left a message with no return call. I think with the registration number someone could track down the last owner. PM me if you need more. I will stay out of it from here if Rod wants to keep it in tact.
I think it could be done at a price break that would not exceed what you could get for a solid used example, I am just wondering if you would ever recoup the time! I think the pride of saving the thing would be the motivation for me if I were to keep it whole.
Tom    
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 9:21pm
God bless all of you guys and your good intentions... I've saved some ratty boats but that thing is shot. If someone can get it back together with a motor and an interior for less than what a nice one is going for then that'd be a borderline miracle. I'll spot you the 200-300 hrs you'll spend tracking down parts and installing them. I see a parts boat, but that's just me!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 9:28pm
But you would have parted my Mustang too
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 9:39pm
I'm going to call and start the process tomorrow. I want to see how involved it actually is. I will let you all know what I find out. It's only time and it's only $. Worst case it doesn't work out. May be a huge process- maybe simple, but I'll give it a whirl.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Just the windshield and the seats! Oh wait...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 10:28pm
I don't know nothing about no engines, but I know a guy in ohio who will do the interior for under 2K. carpet too
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 10:36pm
Adam, you have to remember that you got a little better than a 50% discount on that interior job somehow. You're not going to find quality work anywhere near that price anywhere... Unless you take it to the exact same guy- who after doing yours probably did the math and figured out he could charge more than $4.75/hr for his high quality labor.. Seriously, that work would cost between double and triple anywhere else. I don't think I could get it done for any less than $4k here, and that's doing the carpet myself.

Add 2-4k for an engine rebuild and the accessories it needs, and you're already at $7k before touching the gel, trailer or any of the electronics, and you can bet that a salty boat needs EVERYTHING replaced. You're over $10k into this thing no matter how you cut it... Probably closer to $12-13k with all the nickel and diming it'll do- and that's assuming it can be had for free.

Someone prove me wrong.
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 11:42pm
Adam- if I end up with this project- I will be in touch! Guy can do the skins and send them my way. Id send the old skins off the boat so he'd have a template.
Tim, I will let you know how much it ends up costing me if I can secure it. I have a friend who will rebuild the engine for me. I noticed the exhaust and other items missing from engine are actually laying in the back of the boat.. Doesn't make it easier- but you know me- I love a challenge!!
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by velde99 velde99 wrote:

It's only time and it's only $.

Who ARE YOU? Mr NOS wants that heap o' trouble? That's not MY 91 Barefoot Brother! That's plain crazy talk!!!!

Let someone part it out and save your money for a solid Excel for goodness sake!!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2014 at 12:13am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Adam, you have to remember that you got a little better than a 50% discount on that interior job somehow. You're not going to find quality work anywhere near that price anywhere... Unless you take it to the exact same guy- 
Well here's the thing, that wasn't a friends and family discount, I basically walked off the street and got that price. If we really wanted to get crazy, i know every bit of that interior will fit in the bed of my truck (with some creative strapping), and said truck bed will be in florida next march. If that boat's not going to be water ready by then, it could all come home with me, and I could get it back to white lake, norris, lake norman, etc, later in the summer. If this is a two month project that may not work, but if we're looking at the same pictures, that's no two month project...

Tim why you gotta poopoo the man's dream?! hahaha

we're all interested in this boat now, lets work together to make it shine
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2014 at 8:31am
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If the thing can firstly be legally acquired, and it proves to be cost prohibitive, parts boat!? Lets see what Rod can come up with. Go for it Rod!!
Js
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic