NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need recommendation on Shorestation Wheel Kit

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JBOSSE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBOSSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need recommendation on Shorestation Wheel Kit
    Posted: July-29-2014 at 9:40am
Guys - I purchased a new Shorestation 4,000lb vertical lift. I plan to purchase a wheel kit to assist me in getting the lift out of the water at the end of the year. Do you have a recommendation on which kit to purchase? I want a quality kit. I don't want to have to be making part for it (i.e. bent brackets and bolts). Who makes a good quality kit and where can I purchase it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S. If you have any tips on getting the lift out of the water, please send them my way. I am thinking of purchasing an electric winch and strapping it to a tree to assist in yanking the lift out. I can't guarantee that I will have three guys available to help me.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2014 at 10:35am
The electric winch strapped to a tree does work, and it works pretty well, depending on the bottom if you don't have a wheel kit you might need to help it along over rocks and other debris while it is on its way in. I have an old shorestation that I put in and out without wheels by myself for the past ten years moving from one side to the other picking it up and pushing - in retrospect that was not a good idea I loosened all the corner joints up pretty bad and had to dump some cash into new parts and do a bit of welding to it this year to get it to stand back upright. Now I will use the old windsurfer to float them out and a spreader bar and winch to bring them back in.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic