Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Name Calling

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wataugasn84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wataugasn84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Name Calling
    Posted: July-27-2014 at 2:08pm
Had a great weekend boat is running and starting great just turn the switch and it starts right up My son came in and we were able to ski a little on Watauga lake. Something happened and I am not quiet sure how to take it . Be proud or get depressed!!We were at a local marina for a burger and fries and as we were tying up a lady said Wow nice boat I love the interior, the boat looks "Retro" is it new. I said no its 30 years old and original down to interior. She was amazed but I couldnt get passed the "retro" comment. My son said it's like you dad old school but in pretty good shape.Wish that what is old is new again applied to me. I guess I am "Retro".
Watuugasn84
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2014 at 2:49pm
Better than going totally unnoticed all together that's why we are attracted to these boats isn't it?I'll wear the "Retro"patch proudly can't show up with something that looks just like everthing else.Same thing happened last time loading the Resorter older woman said "Looks new but looks old how old is it?"
69barri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69barri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2014 at 3:21pm
With a bright pink boat I have been called many worse things than "retro". Most are centered around the fact that a pink boat must correlate to my sexuality. Some people just can't comprehend that we don't all want generic white I/O boats. Sucks for them I think.
1963 Debonnaire Deluxe
1972 Separator Jet Boat
hdspringer99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hdspringer99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2014 at 6:39pm
I received the same "Cool, retro!" comment recently with my '77 Ski Nautique. I thought it was cool and I'm 47 y/o. Just ten years older than my retro boat.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2014 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by 69barri 69barri wrote:

With a bright pink boat I have been called many worse things than "retro". Most are centered around the fact that a pink boat must correlate to my sexuality. Some people just can't comprehend that we don't all want generic white I/O boats. Sucks for them I think.

F*** the people calling you names!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2014 at 11:08pm
Just tell em' that your wife is a breast cancer survivor and you own a pink boat because that's how much you supported her throughout her ordeal...If that doesn't shut them up and make em feel like shazz then tell em Marilyn orJane loved the pink and special ordered it that way which is why you own it.....then what Pete said said!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
P71_CrownVic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2014 at 11:19pm
It can't be retro if it's old. Retro would be if they made a brand new one to look exactly like ours.

And that's something I fully support. Bring back the 2001 hull, DUAL EXHAUST, with modern materials for cheap. Like the Sea Doo Spark of the inboard world. And the it really would be RETRO!
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2014 at 11:48pm
I love Watauga. This is the first year in three that I am not there this very week. My buddy has a huge place past the bridge on the headwaters, last house on the left before you are in the stream. Pretty damn hard to miss with the water tramp, blob, rope swing and zip line.
If you see a black X-2 with 5 kids in it that would be him. His name is Jay.
Say Hi for me, super nice guy.
BTW "retro" is about as cool and happening as it gets. Haven't you noticed even afros are coming back?
Where the hell did my wife put my white leather tie?
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 12:34am
Nice looking '84. That is my favorite color combo of all the tri-tones.
Almost bot one before I found my '74.
I'd take the "retro" comment as a compliment.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 12:48am
I cant think of a more complimentary comment on your hard work than someone thinking your boat was a new 1984 inspired boat. You can be proud.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

P71_CrownVic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 2:25am
They think mine's a 2001..............I love stupid people.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 2:54am
I was cruising in the '76 Southwind last weekend in an idle zone. Three kids go by the opposite direction on a wave runner. My friend saw one of the kids on the jet ski say to his friend.... "wow, that is a really old boat". It still made my day even though he didn't say retro. Same thing I guess....sort of. Either way, I love the looks of these old, retro classic Correct Crafts.

The design of the Southwind/Freeport dates back to around '67 or '68. So, that styling is closing in on 50 years.     
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 11:02am
How about timeless instead of retro. Looked good then, looks good now. Seen any "ghost surfers" on Watauga lake?
Tim D

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wataugasn84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 6:14pm
Yeah "Retro = Very Cool,nice,sharp, like new etc. I will gladly take it as a compliment. Tim, I am not sure I know what "Ghost surfers" are . Is it the new wake surfing ? If so I did see a few this weekend on Watauga Lake, talked to a fellow who said he had went to it because it was easier on the body. He had a ski/pleasure boat and had around 1400 lbs of balast in the boat.Looked pretty cool.The lady did think it was a new boat with retro interior and paint.I am turning 50 this fall and am looking for a reason to be "current" I guess. Retro will have to do !!Sure beats the other options.
Watuugasn84

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wataugasn84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 6:19pm
John, I probably have seen your friend,are you talking about pioneer landing bridge?I dont get up to the river head that often but lived in Johnson County for ten years I probably have met him in the past.
Watuugasn84
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 6:33pm
I think that's it. Below Elks Ridge. The bridge all the kids jump off of and looks like your gonna drive into the mountain when you across. he is the very last place on the left past the bridge before the lake turns into a stream.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
DeepCreekNauti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 6:56pm
It happens to us all. A few year back I was in the ski lift line with my daughters.

I heard the teenage dorks behind me say "Wow, check out those old school skis on that guy! Talk about vintage!" Of course that got everyone's attention. I was kind of startled that everyone was looking directly at me. I was riding my K2 Extreme Glen Blake Edition snow skis. Back in the 90's they were the Bee's Knees of coolness. Not so much any more.

That little bastard told me that my snow skis should be on the wall at Cracker Barrel.

That very next weekend I upgraded and my girls will now be seen skiing with me. :-)

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by DeepCreekNauti DeepCreekNauti wrote:

That very next weekend I upgraded and my girls will now be seen skiing with me.

Peer Pressure......works every time!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 11:39pm
The ghost surfer

http://youtu.be/9TMibzv_Smg
Tim D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic