Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Tique Wanted

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ski Tique Wanted
    Posted: July-25-2014 at 5:52pm
Hello,

Looking for a Ski Tique.

I have looked at a few in my local area and those on the internet.

I'm wondering anyone has one for sale or know of one for sale privately.

Ideally located in southern WI or nothern IL.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 6:21pm
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/boa/4569026385.html
1972 Mustang
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 6:25pm
As much as this pains me to say..... PM or email Dwouncmd on this forum. Wayne is toying with the idea of selling the Tique. (It is awesome, but in NC!)
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 6:26pm
http://madison.craigslist.org/bod/4521958016.html
1972 Mustang
DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 6:34pm
Hello,

I have looked at both of those boats. I'm looking for other options.

Thanks for the info.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Chevy350 Chevy350 wrote:

http://madison.craigslist.org/bod/4521958016.html

Fixed Link:

Madison CL Tique
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by DMH DMH wrote:

Hello,

I have looked at both of those boats. I'm looking for other options.

Thanks for the info.

Huh, didn't know Wayne had her actively for sale................ What are you looking for? Different year(s)? Project? with tower? What is the "Wish List"?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 6:43pm
Steve, by both boats I think he meant the Madison and Chicago CL listings, not Waynes. Don't worry, Wayne won't sell it without giving you first dibbs....I don't think.
DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 6:54pm
Hi,

Steve, Yes I did mean both the Madison and Chicago listing.

I'm not looking for a project boat. I'm looking to go skiing.

My wishlist is that the boat be in good mechanical, structural shape & trailer. A rear seat and swim deck would be nice. Not tower required. I need to go footin'.

I have been reading the forums for quire sometime and I'm not interested in stringer repair.

I would also be open to a Nautique however prefer the barefoot pull of a Tique.

Outside of the listings mentioned above the Tiques I've found are in the $7 - $10,000 range. I'm more so looking in the $4500 - $5000 range.

Thanks

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 7:11pm
The NC boat has a very strong engine. IT would be worth the ride to Central NC. It is in great shape.

JMO,

Donald
DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 7:28pm
I would drive for a mechanically and structurally sound boat.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 7:33pm
Larry,
Unfortunately, I must pass on first dibs. The Tique can't come back home.

DMH,
As far as strong motor, you won't find one better than the low hour 350 in Wayne's Tique. As far as Mechanically and structurally sound - ditto! That is an AWESOME lil' boat. Was sad to see her go!

.... but she won't go for $5,000.... or at least she shouldn't.

Look at the Tique in my signature....that's her.
DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 7:38pm
Steve that's a great boat. I've admired her before on this forum before.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 7:55pm
75Tique:

Larry, your handle makes me smile every time! BTW, word on the street is my fleet is expanding slowly without another Tique..........

Val wanted me to let you know, the Hard Lemonades are good, but their Margaritas are FABULOUS!
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 7:59pm
David:

They do come up fairly often.... If you want a better than 7/10, it is going to be over your projected budget. Elbow grease will get you in the $4-5,000 range...usually upholstery needs as well.

Besides, the searching / shopping is the fun part!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 8:26pm
I disagree with Steve, 4-5k should buy a pretty darn nice Tique. Tip top of the market is 7k or so and that takes a very special boat AND buyer. The boats are very small, making them pretty fast with modest power, but they never came with anything bigger than the 302/305 from the factory... So they are no faster than a similar nautique with the typical 351w- especially with a footer behind them. 2+ footers, advantage nautique. Fun, cool boats- but they are pretty far from a "barefoot boat". More like a small hot rod that is still pretty functional despite its small size.

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2014 at 12:13am
Like I said....... the shopping is the fun part. Keep this thread updated with your progress!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2014 at 12:27am
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Larry, your handle makes me smile every time!   

Why is that? Because there is no such thing as a 75 Tique? Can't blame me. I bought it way back before I got educated on CCf and the title or registration said it was a 75. By the time I figured out there was no such thing, it was too late. It was built in 75, does that count?

Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Val wanted me to let you know, the Hard Lemonades are good, but their Margaritas are FABULOUS!

I will keep that in mind, but sadly, I will not be making it to LKN in Sept. Prior commitment. There will however be other opportunities to share a 6-pack of margies, I'm sure.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2014 at 12:34am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

... but they are pretty far from a "barefoot boat".

Perhaps so. But they can hold their own.

But then I do have the advantage of Chevy power.

DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2014 at 12:46am
I'll keep ya'll updated. Thanks for your comments.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2014 at 1:15am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

... but they are pretty far from a "barefoot boat".

Perhaps so. But they can hold their own.

But then I do have the advantage of Chevy power!

......... 305 (or 350 ) is pretty nice in that lil boat!....
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2014 at 12:22am
I am thinking about selling to get a 196 for the kids (hoping they will get serious about skiing and I can't afford a 200)

I had the Tique out today with my two oldest and their cousin. It was a blast. To me the ski wake is better than my 89 SN.
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2014 at 12:32am
And as it happens, we will be driving to Michigan in about 2 and a half weeks...
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 7:30pm
Hello,

Has anyone ever seen this boat around?

I recall that our 1983 2001 had the Commander 351. Looks like this one has the 302 Commander.

It's a bit difficult to tell what the interor material is made & it's unclear on engine hours.

Any thoughs on this boat?

http://tlmarina.com/product/correct-craft-ski-tique/

Thanks
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 7:54pm
Commanders are cool but that boat is a disaster.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 8:17pm
It's very shiny! Nice new paint job.......

It deviates from the original some (The striping would make me crazy)..... Is that one in your budget? and close?
DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 8:37pm
Hi.

Air206:

It's out of my budget however I would think that there's some room to negotiate.

It does have shinny new paint. I'm wondering how long it might stay like that. It seems like most hulls are colored as opposed to painted. I'm unclear on this.

Regarding the deviation, I do prefer the original look.

TRBenj:

I would prefer the classic look. That aside, what else is a disaster?

Thanks

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 8:42pm
David - don't get him started!

The paint will not take the beating that gel will.... Depends on the use how long it will be before repaint is in order. In another thread, a fellow was extolling the virtues of paint over gel but.... most here feel that painting a gel coated boat ruins it...... but it is shiny.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 8:52pm
Don't get me started is right!

That guy made significant nonoriginal modifications to the boat, which detract both from the classic look as well as the durability. And he expects to be paid handsomely for it! Horrendous. He's been trying to unload it for at least 2 years, btw. Apparently I'm not the only one failing to see the value he "added".
DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 9:07pm
I'm not concerned with shinny. I'd prefer the classic look. Like the 78 in your signiture (Air206) for example.

They did mention that they've had it for couple years. The interior doesn't look particularly durable and there's now a hole in the dash for the radio.

What else is detracting from the durability?

I am appreciating your feedback.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic