Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Tique Wanted

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 12:38am
Ha. We're Brothers.
skitique179 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skitique179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 12:46am
groovin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote groovin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 12:56am
But wait there's more😱 How was GL? Couldn't believe he found that beauty! So strong and so solid. Hope you guys are well! Was trying to make it out east with Zach, but have to go out of town for an event....Thank you for taking care of my brother on here and getting him steered in the right direction!

DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 12:58am
The Proof.

Thanks ya'll for helping me sort it out. Maiden voyage today was great!! Skiing, Family & Sun

groovin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote groovin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 2:01am

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 10:06am
Great find. You made a great decision.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 10:53am
Pretty cool to have so many family members on the site. We've got..

The Benjamin Trio
Deen Boys
and now the Harlan Brothers

Great find David and welcome to the site!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 11:04am
^ there are more than 3 Benjamins

Also brothers
jbear & AirTique98
northcoastidol & 93/70 ccsb
tullfooter & MCRick
PLBC & Hollywood

Father Son
Paula-Banana & skierox

Still probably not all
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 11:15am
Yeah at least 4 of us on here at least once in a while?

Don't forget the Harts.

But 2 Harlans? God help us all.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 11:22am
Fil and his dad

Didn't some of TimBob's girlfriends post here too?
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 11:36am
At least one did. But it was hard to tell which one because of her first name
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 11:43am
Your all like my Brothers from Another Mother!!
groovin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote groovin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 11:46am
Great peoples, good times!! Miss you all! This has been quite the busy year this far. It was awesome seeing you this winter in Boston Tim B.👊 Hoping to make it back this year also. Good thing FB is awesome for keeping up with everyone...

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 11:46am
...thanks for the back up boys, knew there were more just couldn't think straight.....once again Kytom pops up out of nowhere for the spike!

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Didn't some of TimBob's girlfriends post here too?

Yes, one did but she didn't make the cut. She refused to change her name
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 11:51am
It's all in fun Tim. No malicousness intended.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 11:52am
None Taken Thomas....you know me better than that..... Heck, I ask for it most of the time.
groovin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote groovin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 11:53am
Smile and wave boys, smile and wave

DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2014 at 1:18am
Hello Ya'll,

Another good day in the boat.

Question. I'm not sure if I should start a new thread for this.

I store the boat at a friends house which is quite a bit away from mine. At the end of the day I put the cover on and the boat is soaked. I can only imaging the moisture havoc on both hull and the motor.

Any suggestion on to prevent moisture problems? fan, vented cover, no cover, ect.

Thanks,
David
Hammerhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammerhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2014 at 3:28am
I have a 1977 ski tique that I have considered selling. We use it every weekend for slalom, wake boarding and kneeboarding. Great little boat. My price was in line with what you are looking to spend. I am in Nashville.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2014 at 11:31am
Ideally you want the boat as dry as possible before you put the cover on. All that lake water with no means of escaping through evaporation is going to cause troubles in the end. Mold and mildew on the seats/carpet, stinky carpet but worse it's going to allow water vapor intrusion on those precious wood stringers.

I don't guess your buddy would step up and put the cover on it for you after it dries out after spending a day in the hot sun with the engine cover up?
If this is not an option you may be able to install those vents in the cover that allows the cover to breathe but won't let rain in. I don't have a lot of experience with this as mine is garage kept but I know plenty of guys out there don't have that option so they'll pipe up and tell you what they do.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2014 at 2:46pm
The boat will still dry out if the cover is breathable (sunbrella).
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2014 at 2:59pm
You will also rapidly accelerate corrosion (rust) on the engine. It's a battle of two evils, sun and rain. I would leave it open if truly soaked.
DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 12:32am
TRB: Thanks I'll look into that.

Hollyood, Thanks.

For tonight I left about 2 feet open at the back. A friend is going to fully cover it tomorrow.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 10:33am
David,
You got a great deal on that ride. Nice find for sure !! Welcome to the best Correct Craft/Nautique site on the internet..

Hey Brian, great to see you're alive and well !!! GL was small but relaxing. Water was as always out there, but the sun was our and the beers were cold. Hope you and your family will come out next year. maybe we can finally see that Mustang of yours !!

Have a good rest of the summer..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 2:41pm
I put my cover on with a "wet" boat. Not soaked from rain but just from quick run on lake, couple rounds skied. For 5 years I haven't seen any problems yet but I always run 2 or 3 fans 24/7 with the doghouse propped up a bit. These covers with the aid of fans move air, they are not air tight unless you're duct taping the sides and at least with my '76 deck and the rope guards and ladder there's a good vent gap for air.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2014 at 10:29am

I don't know anything about it.

Tique in Michigan
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

RTJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RTJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2016 at 10:12am
Still looking? I have a 1979 'tique in Chgo.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2016 at 10:33am
Originally posted by RTJ RTJ wrote:

Still looking? I have a 1979 'tique in Chgo.

Todd,
Can you post some pictures?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2016 at 1:21am
Always on the hunt. Please post photos. Thank you
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 12:41am

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/boa/5456637591.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic