Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barefoot Nautique wanted

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barefoot Nautique wanted
    Posted: July-20-2014 at 3:21pm
Looking for a nice Barefoot Nautique with 454 engine. Prefer boat located in South but am open minded. Any referrals appreciated!!
bryan wann
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2014 at 4:03pm
Bryan
Is there a specific reason you want the BF with the 454?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2014 at 4:13pm
Yes, I had one that died and sold the boat and would like another one due to the throaty sound and awesome torque.
bryan wann
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2014 at 5:34pm
Bryan
Every inboard that I know of ether a DD or VD without mufflers has that throaty sound. Torque in my opinion can be really improve with todays modern CNC props. Have you ever had the opportunity to drive a regular SN?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2014 at 6:01pm
Yes but as a footer, I really like the wake behind the BN.
bryan wann
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2014 at 9:48pm
I would definitely go for the BFN and would prefer the g/m bb
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2014 at 10:37am
shameless plug I ve got a 2001 351 tops out around 45-47 in NC 5k
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2014 at 1:58pm
yup table behind the BFN is sweet!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
hudd210te View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hudd210te Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 10:14am
its not in the south
http://toledo.craigslist.org/boa/4582541549.html
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 11:40pm
Thanks so much!
bryan wann
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2014 at 10:14am
Does anybody know if BuffaloBFN ever sold the pumpkin patch. That's still a very sweet BFN.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2015 at 9:29am
Hey Eddie,

No, I didn't sell her. I had a deal semi-worked out with another fan, but he backed out. Since then, Amy and I have sorted our differences, and the bfn got a new cover for Christmas.

She's so close to being perfect, I can't imagine living here without her. Upholstery, a real intake and doghouse lift, and a few gel fixes and she'll be close.

Every time I rip around the peninsula, I get big smiles from the neighbors the next day. My ego would surely perish without that little boost.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2015 at 10:20am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

No, I didn't sell her. Since then, Amy and I have sorted our differences.
Every time I rip around the peninsula, I get big smiles from the neighbors the next day. My ego would surely perish without that little boost.

Thats awesome Greg!

Can't imagine seeing you in anything else and when you do drive by we're all smiling with ya cause the Pumpkin sounds sooooooooo good!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2015 at 10:33am
Greg,
I'm also glad to hear the good news. Keep up the good work.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2015 at 10:38am

She's so close to being perfect, I can't imagine living here without her.

I hope you're not talking about the boat here, So glad to see you guys working things out.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2015 at 10:42am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

I hope you're not talking about the boat here, So glad to see you guys working things out.

That's what I was thinkin'
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2015 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Waterdog Waterdog wrote:

Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

That's what I was thinkin'

+2 Votes from both Val and Me (Even though I never seem to type Amy's name right - I might be an idiot, but I am happy for you guys..........)
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2015 at 12:28pm
If yall look past the cut-out rung in my tower(currently not on the boat) and a few other things....   

I've ridden in boats where the center window falls through in rough water. If mine had a center window, it wouldn't flinch. That's tough to find short of hammering one's wallet on the newer boats.

Thanks guys
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2015 at 6:36pm
Damn Greg. That's AWESOMENESS about you and Amy. Is this the first time we're hearing about this or have you mentioned it somewhere before? Guess it really doesn't matter but that is so great to hear!!!!!!!
And you got to keep the punk in. BONUS!!!!
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2015 at 6:51pm
Great news Greg!

It's not in the Diaries but at one point BJ was willing to let this go for the right price. Not a 454 but I think you'd find it easier to find or build an engine for the right boat than the other way around.
documented rebuild thread here on CCF

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2015 at 6:54pm
That is one of my favorite barefooters ever.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2015 at 1:29am
Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

Damn Greg. That's AWESOMENESS about you and Amy. Is this the first time we're hearing about this or have you mentioned it somewhere before? Guess it really doesn't matter but that is so great to hear!!!!!!!
And you got to keep the punk in. BONUS!!!!

wow..I missed this too...so glad to hear this.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2015 at 4:33am
Does anyone know the owner of this BFN? I took a friend to look at in Louisville in 04/13 and it wasn't what he was looking for. He wanted a brand new old boat so he passed. It was really quite nice and complete. I wonder if it was sold. If not it was a complete and original BBC powered boat.

BTW it had these so someone must have cared about their speed
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2015 at 11:15am
Pretty sure one of the partners of N3 bought that one.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2015 at 11:49am
HW is correct. I was just in that boat 5 minutes ago. It's a really pretty really original example. One of the guys up on the river in OH purchased it first then sold it to BK here at N3. Runs good too. GPSd like 51.3 if I remember from summer.
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2015 at 12:27pm
https://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/4780684834.html

While I'm thinking of it I found this listing lastnight, older one somehow I missed. I was really impressed with how clean the pictures show. BFN's aren't my thing but I like this one.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2015 at 1:33pm
Here's a BBC BFN in MO.

BFN in MO - link

Weird colors, but I think it may have been a water show boat.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2015 at 3:17pm
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2015 at 3:57pm
Nice BFN Hollywood. Tough to tell on my iPhone but looks like there might be a 3rd speedo?
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2015 at 5:29pm
I really like that '88 in Orlando. The '85and '87 have been for sale for quite some time. The '87 in Michigan is about 20 miles from me. I can't remember who, but someone looked at it last year and was not impressed. Let me know if you want me to check it out. A water test might be difficult (7 degrees currently).
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic