NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40 probs

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2014 at 2:42am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

oh buddy, I got a couple for the calendar this year....Morfoot took one of me and my dad running together    

Are those the ones he took that Sunday evening when we ran across each other on the St Johns river?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2014 at 12:20pm

...that's probably the most weight I ever had in it, best guess is around 3000 lbs, and let me tell you it was a pig to drive, but it did the job. I do love that pic though.

If you think they handle bad with the boom in use wait to you load them up for surfing....

This picture is from new year 2012 when the water was not much good for anything else. I don't think we have surfed since but it sure is a party on board. Not as loaded as Adam's but still handled like the Titanic.

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2014 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

oh buddy, I got a couple for the calendar this year....Morfoot took one of me and my dad running together    

Are those the ones he took that Sunday evening when we ran across each other on the St Johns river?
the same

my cousin pulled me the other day with it loaded up to surf. he said it felt like the boat was drunk
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2014 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

Originally posted by seacamper seacamper wrote:

Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

I was under the impression that a 240 HP 351 and GT-40 351 burned about the same amount of gas when used at skiing speeds.

I have not actually done the math yet, but it sure feels more painful!

Geez Tom,
How about fessin' up and just admitting that you're using it more than the old boat!!!!!!!!! That's why you're putting more gas in it.

Tom,
I think I figured out the reason that you're using so much more gas.

This wasn't just a leisurely spin around the lake but the tube wars were going on ALL WEEKEND. I heard hoopin' and hollerin' all the way across the lake.

Say it ain't so Tom!!!!!!

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2014 at 1:45am
BUSTED. Bailiff, whack his pee pee.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2014 at 4:06pm
Exposed! by the Tube-Popper-Azzi
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2014 at 4:27pm
man card- revoked

come on Tom, you're better than that
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2014 at 12:52am
Uh.....I was gone all weekend? That was Connie's boyfriend? Oh, all right! It was me. I admit it! My brother is back from Afghanistan, and his kids will only tube and kneeboard. We tried all the tricks to get them on skis, and the youngest actually screamed bloody murder. (I think that is what Eddie heard) We did get Patrick up on an Air Chair. I was less successful,but I am hoping tomorrow I will do less porpoise maneuvers, and more stabilized hydrofoiling. Eddie, have you ever tried an Air Chair? If not come over Wednesday and give it a try. Adam, I will look into the CT Mini.
Tom    
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2014 at 1:01am
CT is a good time for sure. Get as far as ATL and you may be able to ride up with my dad.

As for the air chair, having not seen any pictures or video, your butt is too far back on the seat. Move forward so that the back of your butt lines up directly with the back of the seat. When you think you're far enough forward, slide up another inch.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2014 at 1:02am
as for the tubes, they're harder to ride if you leave them in the garage.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2014 at 1:13am

Uh.....I was gone all weekend? That was Connie's boyfriend? Oh, all right! It was me. I admit it

That's funny
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2014 at 9:32am

CT is a good time for sure. Get as far as ATL and you may be able to ride up with my dad.

As for the air chair, having not seen any pictures or video, your butt is too far back on the seat. Move forward so that the back of your butt lines up directly with the back of the seat. When you think you're far enough forward, slide up another inch.

Thanks Adam,
That fixed it! I slid forward, and it fixed the porpoise problems. That is a very fun gizmo.
Tom
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2014 at 3:31pm
Hey Guys,
I need some help here. This guy looks familiar, and yet.......there is something not right. I think the rooms starting to spin real fast.....because of the tubing.
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2014 at 3:44pm

Thanks Adam,
That fixed it! I slid forward, and it fixed the porpoise problems. That is a very fun gizmo.
Tom
if you got up on it you've reached the end of my expertise, unless you want to learn the violent way to fall, that I can teach you. good for you, although there's no pics...
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2014 at 3:45pm

Hey Guys,
I need some help here. This guy looks familiar, and yet.......there is something not right. I think the rooms starting to spin real fast.....because of the tubing.
I think a picture of Eddie in a dress would be less unsettling. turnaround's a bltch ain't it?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2014 at 3:47pm

Hey Guys,

Thanks Adam, I actually went out to take pictures, but my mind went blank when I saw the above.
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2014 at 3:51pm
The bear leaves town for a couple weekends and Eddie can't contain himself..... "Woooo Hoooooo! John is gone so I can bust out the tubes and there ain't nobody around to take pictures or give me $&*#!"

The Tuberazzi are EVERYWHERE!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2014 at 3:58pm
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2014 at 11:12pm
I think he's just jealous of Pete holding all the professional tubing records.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2014 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Hysterical. My buddy sent me down a tube a few months ago........hasn't left the garage. Might bring out one day for the dogs to chill on.
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2014 at 10:03am
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Hysterical. My buddy sent me down a tube a few months ago........hasn't left the garage. Might bring out one day for the dogs to chill on.

Yeah, right Jpass
Isn't this you right between the big balls?
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2014 at 11:32am
This thread has officially been nominated for threadjack of the year.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2014 at 12:51pm

[
Isn't this you right between the big balls?

Definitely not me......that guy has too much hair.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2014 at 12:54pm
Now that you see some of the bare footing big guns of the site "coming out" I think you'll really be seeing tubing finally getting the respect it deserves. Who will be next? Jbear,HW,Trb,Quinner? and for that matter where has Reid been lately, practicing far from prying eyes in the Bahamas? I might look into getting one before they are gone or the prices go up.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2014 at 10:19am
ROFLMAO....I think I might have to start looking for a tower next.

The good news is that my grandkids didn't like it at all so I took it back to my wife's boss and thankfully am not taking up any space in my garage or money out of pocket.
The bad news is that they still have no desire to get behind the boat on ski's either.

I did make sure that there was an understanding that anyone who wanted to ski gets first dibs so I had an awesome slalom run on absolutely pristine water.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2014 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

ROFLMAO....I think I might have to start looking for a tower next.

And maybe it's time to trade the inboard for a better tubing boat, like a bowrider with a V-6 I/O.

I have the same problem, hard to interest the kids in skiing, but there are signs of hope lately. Plus now that I'm setting the boat up to surf a bit I think on a choppy day I can interest the kids in that, easy and fun with no hard falls.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2014 at 12:52pm
The hard falls are the best part. Chicks dig scars.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2014 at 1:05pm
Chicks do, but not all 11 year olds do! I was talking yesterday with a ski buddy from way back, we skied as teenagers, beat the crap out of ourselves trying all sorts of stuff. We both find it hard to get our kids to ski, they don't seem to want the same challenge. So, in my desire to be on the water I'm willing to do what they want to do, and if surfing will do it I'll set up the boat!
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2014 at 1:24pm
All of my kids started skiing when they were 5 or 6 years old. Over the 4th, I got one of my nephews (age 6) up for the first time. He skied the entire length of the lake, and I never even got the boat on plane. When he was done, his dad pulled in the 30 feet of rope by hand so when he stopped skiing, he was right by the boat and we could hop in the water and be right with him. Nothing scary there, and with the ultra slow speed, if he had fallen, he likely would have gotten wet and nothing else.

I have 3 other 4 year old nephews, that I successfully planted the seed. We spent a good part of a couple of evenings pulling them around on the grass on ski's. Before we got behind the boat with the 6 year old, we did about 10 ski to the beach attempts, where my daughters take him out 30 feet from the shore and then we practice starts as I run up the yard and they ski to the beach. After the 6 year old did his run behind the boat, all the 4 year olds wanted to ski to the beach, which we did. Seeds successfully sown.

Give the grass ski a try, you do need ski's that have the learning bar, so you can tie a rope to the ski and the handle to facilitate the pulling them around, should be able to do it with the 11 year old. I have figured out, you have to manipulate the kids so all they see is the fun, you definitely do not want to FORCE them into trying, let them WANT it. I have literally spent a couple of years working on the 6 year old, everytime one of the kids would drop off at the dock, I would ask him if he saw how much fun they were having. It works, but its a marathon project, not a sprint.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2014 at 1:33pm
Good advice Steve. I do feel like I didn't make enough effort when they were 5-8. But, I've taught a ton of kids/people to ski, and for whatever reason my kids haven't really wanted to, even at times when their friends were giving it a try. My oldest has wakeboarded a bit, and my youngest did ski with her friends last year and so I do have hopes that she will catch the bug, we'll see.

Mostly, I want them to be on the water having fun. If they want to kayak or be out in the rowboat with the 6HP, that's fine too. Even ..... tubing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic