Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ski Nautique 196 - Junk to Princess ProjectThread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Nautique 196 - Junk to Princess ProjectThread

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
nicolajjetrider View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolajjetrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ski Nautique 196 - Junk to Princess ProjectThread
    Posted: June-19-2014 at 7:21am
Hi Guys

Finally the day came! Last night after 18 hours of driving, the Nautique is finally at my home and i can start the building.

As some of you know it will be a long project and getting the wiring done is some of my first project, at least get some "overlook" over what they have tried with it.

The story is that it was stolen and recovered by the insurance, and has been not used for more than 4 years.

They have distroyed the interior and platform.

Today I will go buy new maghoni planks for the platform and then start the "To-Do" list.

Any inputs in this project are more than well come.

For the curriuos ones: YES THIS IS MY ABSOLUT DREAM BOAT!!!!! :) :) :)

This is my first CC Nautique, and I already LOVE it :)

Im Locatet in Denmark - North Europe :)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolajjetrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2014 at 7:25am
My Old thread about the engine is here, but I will try make it all in this thread only :)

Thanks all !
http://correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31367&PID=436066񪝢
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2014 at 8:53am
Congrats on your new acquisition. Keep us informed on your restoration. I believe teak is the wood of choice for platforms.
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2014 at 10:30am
I have some potential ideas about the wiring, I'll keep an eye on this thread.
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2014 at 6:25pm
Nice find!!!!
'82 Ski Tique
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2014 at 8:51pm
Awesome! There is nothing quite as thrilling as seeing that boat parked in front of your home. Good luck with the project and keep us informed of the progress!
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolajjetrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2014 at 7:44am
Gosh, the to-do list is long, but I'm still very glad for my purchase.

Here is some more photo's of the project and of the new wood for the platform. :)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolajjetrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2014 at 7:52am
The planks :)

Cant wait to get them oiled up and lined up ;)

The first project these days are getting the boat all cleaned up, so it is nice to work in.

After that i will try fire the engine up, getting all old Oil and fuel out.

Then the wiring starts……. )
michiel200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michiel200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2014 at 2:10pm
Nice Project!
Where did you pick her up?

Grtz Michiel/Holland
'92 BFN
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2014 at 6:57pm
Wow you have some work to do on that one. You found the right place for help though.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2014 at 12:56am
presuure washer works great for the carpet…..not that you don't have other more pressing issues! Keep posting and have fun.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolajjetrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 3:01pm
Weeeehuu Finaly ! The engine is out now, I drained the oil and check it, it looks ok. I tryed making a compression test but could not get it to rotate fast enough, I think its my jumper cables there is bad. But man its nice to have it in the garage to further investigation and service. :) :) :)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolajjetrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 3:12pm
And now the pictures :)

First lining the whole thing up.

My old neighbour think it was a great project and was helping me and my farther.

My Farther and neighbour

Because of the height, we need'ed to build a bigh tower. It looks wild and it was and heavy as hell ! And there is a heat storm in denmark at the momement ;)

Me Getting the engine ready to lift off :)

Now its ready to get up :) !

And this is me pulling and pulling :) Everything is disconectet ;)

Now its time to get the boat away and the engine stand in, so we can get it in the garage.

It looks great there :)

In the garage ;)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolajjetrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 3:19pm
The boat is ready to get cleaned now :)

Engine checkup behind the oil filter:

Sparkplugs SB side From left the front:

Sparkplugs leftside from left the front:

Oil test:
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 3:25pm
Nice work keep going
This is the life
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolajjetrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2014 at 4:53am
GlassSeeker Im woorking on it ;) next step is the compression test.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2014 at 7:23am
Welcome to CCFan fellow European and congrats on the new boat.
Good to see another one being rescued!

And you already got the fact that we love pictures here

You really came to the right place for a project like this. Great group of helpful and knowledgeable guys!
Lots of adresses and websites to be found for getting parts (like Christines Marine for your interior for example).
Or you can also call Zach at N3 Boartworks, great guy who helped me a few times already...
So, to sum it up, you came to the right place

And keep the posts (and pictures) coming

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolajjetrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 7:28am
Thanks mate - I absolutely love this site :)

Im working on the boat on-off in this heat these days. Maybe I should startup the car and drive to belgium and wakeboard a little behind your CC ;)

Regards
Nicolaj
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 11:49am
Nicolaj,
Nice project.. keep the pics coming!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2014 at 6:29am
Originally posted by nicolajjetrider nicolajjetrider wrote:

Thanks mate - I absolutely love this site :)

Im working on the boat on-off in this heat these days. Maybe I should startup the car and drive to belgium and wakeboard a little behind your CC ;)

Regards
Nicolaj

That's not a bad idea at all! CCFans always welcome and fridge always stocked with beer

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolajjetrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 7:27am
I am 800KM from Bree and thereby you Fridge with beer to !

It could be fun ! :)
BoeingBus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoeingBus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 1:38pm
Nicol looks like a great project. I did the same thing 20yrs ago with a 92ski. We used that boat for over 15yrs with no problems and had a great time teaching my kids to ski. I travel to AMS for work usually a couple of times a month. If you need parts from the US I my be able to help.

Good luck and keep on posting the progress.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolajjetrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2014 at 11:59am
Finally! Got the exhaust manifold off in the left side' pictures Will follow :-)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolajjetrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2014 at 5:50am
Gosh…. Those manifold bolt STUCK ! but finally with some cold spray and some cutting, now they are off.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolajjetrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 1:12pm
Some pictures in the process.

Manifolds are off, water pumps are off and they are working again now.

Next stop: Compression test.

Whats the compression of an GT40?
Where would you buy gasket set for a GT40 ?

Thanks guys :)

Seems there is some problems with uploading picutres.. will try again later :)
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 1:51pm
That looks to be a closed system running antifreeze right?   If so just get a Fel Pro set of gaskets,no need for marine ones.Compression should not be more than 10% between highest and lowest.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolajjetrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2014 at 7:45pm

The Waterpump

The external waterpump with the impellor - i Think i need a new...

Exhaust manifolds project:

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolajjetrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2014 at 7:53pm
Today's Work/cleaning ;) Im slowly getting there ;)

Compressiontest: The lowest 141 PSI the Highest 152 - Im glad ! On a engine that have not been startet for 4 years.....

Alle the parts came easy off. Time to clean!

off course my engine rooler broke Down on the way out.... maaaan

Cleaning time:

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolajjetrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2014 at 7:59am
Well well well   

Whats the status, the status is that the engine is all checked up now, firing 150Psi on all Cylinders and it is cleaned up and painter. Looks like a bran new.

Last night i started making the platform, everything is made by hand. The boat I have build a tent on so the rain and snow not will take its life away.

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2014 at 9:53am
Great news. At this rate you will be ready about mid-winter, maybe all the fiords won't be iced over! Keep up the good work, love the updates.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic