NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Calling GA Members

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
Author
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Calling GA Members
    Posted: June-05-2014 at 7:17pm
My job was kind enough to put me on a project in ATL for the summer and my first trip on site is the week of June 23rd. I have another trip the week before so instead of going home, I'm flying down to my parents place to do some skiing.

Who wants to go skiing the weekend of June 21st and/or June 28th?

I'm pretty sure me and my dad will be on the water both Saturdays and Sundays, but I figure since we're close, lets get some people together. He lives a mile from West Point Lake in LaGrange, so I was thinking anyone who's interested come down there for a day, and then maybe the next weekend (or vice versa) he and I will trailer the 75 up to Lanier, since I know a lot of you guys are there.

Who's in and what do schedules look like?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2014 at 7:19pm
Also, obviously I'm not ruling out non-GA folks, if you're in AL, TN, SC, FL, NY, etc and feel like doing some skiing with some fellow CCF'ers, speak up. If you're coming from out of town and need a place to stay we can probably even accommodate that too.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2014 at 12:54am
Let me add my two-cents. we are planning for lots of water time will IAughtNaught is in town. The area we ski in has access by auto, so don't think you will miss something if you come boatless. we also have access to a covered pavilion at our little site, as well as flat water.
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2014 at 1:20am
My boat's way over on Oconee, but I live in nearby Peachtree City, so boatless works for me. Thanks for the offer, may just have to take you up on that.

Have always wanted to go out on West Point. Took my Century over there once back during the droughts, but there was 30 feet of mud past the ramp pavement. Sitting in a ramp parking lot with a boat on the trailer and no water.....
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2014 at 1:03pm
Good to hear from you Jeff. We have plenty of water right now. Adam and I hope you can make a visit. We hope to hear from others, such as Morfoot and Cphase. The point we ski off of has a nice sandy bottom sand bar for the kids or just "pond floating".
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2014 at 1:53pm
I'm gonna be real disappointed if we don't at least have a Morfoot and NautiqueHunter (x2) sighting.

Tim, I see some footing in your future...we'll definitely have the water...and the boom...and a couple suits...and a couple drivers...and no room for excuses!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2014 at 4:42pm
Jackie and Adam,

We are planning on getting down there real soon. I am replacing my manifolds this weekend, I have taken next week off just in case I run into issues. As soon as I have the boat running we are headed down, so hopefully we will see you this week. I will PM you my contact info this evening.

See ya soon!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2014 at 6:19pm
Word
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2014 at 6:20pm
listen, even if you don't bring you own boat, my dad's has a new 540 on it and its running like a scalded cat, we got some skiing in our future
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2014 at 9:25pm
Come early and join us on the 14th!
Or help out on the 19th (wakethelake.org)
1994 Sport Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2014 at 12:24am
Adam there will be at least one Morfoot sighting when you're hwre I can promise you that. Might have to do two since you made the trek down here. May have to do a weekend at west point if Mama Deen will put me up for the night again and get y'all to head to Lanier maybe the last weekend in June. There is a Motorcycle Rally that weekend with concerts in the evening I think at the amphitheatre.....What's the signifigance?????.. We can listen to the music by boat as the theater is next to the water and NautiqueHunter is 10 mins from it.

Here's the link.. Thunder on the Parkway
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2014 at 11:03pm
Tim, Mama Deen says "come on down", especially since you suggested music on the water. So, it looks like the 21st and 22nd could be your weekend on West Point. Happy to have you.

So with or without boat, all fans welcome. For the fair skinned, we have shade for afternoon fun if it is needed.

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2014 at 4:25pm
Bumping this one back up as Adam is crusing into town this weekend. I'm up for a West Point ride on Sunday the 22nd as I've got plans to ride the scoot on Sat morn. Maybe drag the 88 over Sat afternoon/eve to ski with the Deen boys..... Whose game?

I propose another day on Lanier the weekend of the 27th to coincide with the rally thats going on and another meeting of Lanier Crew for those who were there last week and those who may have missed it. Drag the Deens up from LaGrange as well.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2014 at 5:10pm
I think we will be down Saturday, not sure yet about Sunday.
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2014 at 5:25pm
I'll be out on Lanier tomorrow (waketheworld.org), Sunday and plan on next weekend.
Will also be out the weekend of the 4th
1994 Sport Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2014 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Bumping this one back up as Adam is crusing into town this weekend. I'm up for a West Point ride on Sunday the 22nd as I've got plans to ride the scoot on Sat morn. Maybe drag the 88 over Sat afternoon/eve to ski with the Deen boys..... Whose game?

I propose another day on Lanier the weekend of the 27th to coincide with the rally thats going on and another meeting of Lanier Crew for those who were there last week and those who may have missed it. Drag the Deens up from LaGrange as well.
That all sounds about right to me. I'll actually be arriving late tomorrow night but I have to work during the day Friday, so I think maybe dad and I will go out for a quick evening set and then set up camp Saturday morning.

I'm good with the rally/concert on Lanier the next weekend. Long as we get some flat water during the day I'll be happy.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2014 at 4:22pm
Sounds good to me. This week at West Point Lake and Lanier the next Saturday.
Tim, love to see Miss Scarlett on our water. Do I remember you tweeked the Mofoot beverage by going with Diet Sprite or Sprite Zero?

If you come through LaGrange on US 29, continue toward West Point/Lanett and you will see a two story white gas station/store called RIBITZ. In about a quarter of a mile, take the first road to the right, Long Cane Access. Turn right on the next road you come to and follow around to the next right and you are there. It is possible that we may have other people there that may be a problem, so give me a call (706 957 1186, if I have reception) to update you on the exact location.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2014 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

I'm good with the rally/concert on Lanier the next weekend. Long as we get some flat water during the day I'll be happy.
Lanier, weekend, flat water, during the day, should not be used in the same sentence! Best chance is up on the North end by Greg's place.

Greg

86 BFN
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2014 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by jackiewdeen jackiewdeen wrote:

Sounds good to me. This week at West Point Lake and Lanier the next Saturday.
Tim, love to see Miss Scarlett on our water. Do I remember you tweeked the Mofoot beverage by going with Diet Sprite or Sprite Zero?

Sounds like a Plan..... Diet Sprite or Sprite Zero...It's about the same either works. The juice is sweet enough to counter the dreaded diet taste.

Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

Lanier, weekend, flat water, during the day, should not be used in the same sentence! Best chance is up on the North end by Greg's place.

True dat' cat but we actually found some flat water down by the dam last sat til about 10am when the 40 ft yachts started venturing out. We did find somewhat of a quiet cove waaaaaaaay back in Deer Park Creek but still to rough to slalom. Calm enough to drop anchor and enjoy the sun, water, CCFans and a brew or 3.
jbb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2014 at 9:58pm
Where at on West Point? Maybe it was in the thread but I missed it. Thanks.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2014 at 5:14am
Originally posted by jbb jbb wrote:

Where at on West Point? Maybe it was in the thread but I missed it. Thanks.
Originally posted by jackiewdeen jackiewdeen wrote:

If you come through LaGrange on US 29, continue toward West Point/Lanett and you will see a two story white gas station/store called RIBITZ. In about a quarter of a mile, take the first road to the right, Long Cane Access. Turn right on the next road you come to and follow around to the next right and you are there. It is possible that we may have other people there that may be a problem, so give me a call (706 957 1186, if I have reception) to update you on the exact location.

Hi Ben, looks like you're new here, welcome to the site. If you're not familiar with the lake my dad listed out the directions above. If you're looking for some time on the water this weekend come on out and meet the crew.

I assume that if you're hanging out here you're a correct craft guy, do you have a boat? What year/model? Thinking about bringing it down to west point this weekend? Are you a skier? If so, what's your poison? Hopefully you can make it down, boat or not. If not, we'll have my dad's 75 and there's a rumor that Morfoot's bringing his along for the trip so we'll have plenty of room.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2014 at 8:05am

there's a rumor that Morfoot's bringing his along for the trip so we'll have plenty of room.

Aye! That rumor be true mate!...Plans are to head over late Sat afternoon/eve. See y'all soon.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2014 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

there's a rumor that Morfoot's bringing his along for the trip so we'll have plenty of room.

Aye! That rumor be true mate!...Plans are to head over late Sat afternoon/eve. See y'all soon.
well there you have it...any fans who are considering coming by boatless should do just that.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2014 at 11:29am
Hey Ben, welcome to the site!

We come from newnan, below is the route we use.

If you need any more info you can reach me at 678*850*five nine four six.

Follow I-85 S to Kia Blvd in Troup County. Take exit 6 from I-85 S 34.4 mi / 28 min

1. Merge onto I-85 S 33.9 mi

2. Turn right onto Kia Blvd 1.0 mi

3. Continue onto Gabbettville Rd 1.9 mi

4. Turn left onto US-29 S 0.4 mi

5. Take the 1st right onto Long Cane Access Rd
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2014 at 2:34pm
cphase, what's your plan? Coming down tomorrow? Sunday?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2014 at 3:06pm
Adam, plan as of now is tomorrow, not sure about Sunday yet.
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2014 at 4:59pm
with or without boat?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2014 at 5:08pm
With.
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2014 at 6:16pm
nice
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2014 at 7:27pm
If you drop a boat in, we will be headquarted to the right toward the bridge and not left toward the dam. If boatless, continue past the boat ramp an start looking. Easy to spot us on water of on land.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
  Share Topic