NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WAKE THE WORLD ON LAKE LANIER

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WAKE THE WORLD ON LAKE LANIER
    Posted: May-30-2014 at 10:06am
First Wake the World on Lanier - We are still needing a couple more boats - any one on Lanier want to help out for a great cause???? The date is June 19!! PM me or leave a message on the board and I will give you the info....
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2014 at 10:31am
Mike, what time would we be done?
As you know, my wife and son are on vacation till the 19th and I need to be at the airport at 3:30 pm (or I'll e in real trouble...)
1994 Sport Nautique
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2014 at 7:03pm
Wish I was closer. My boat would be there for sure, even if the wife was driving. I have read really impressive reviews of this organization. It keeps getting bigger and better with more and more venues every year.
The feeling is like showing a kid snow for the first time. Very fulfilling.
I hope one day to get to attend one around here.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2014 at 10:14am
Sebastian you can leave anytime you want. You must complete the safty course contact Tera she will set you up with a on line coarse for free.

Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2014 at 8:07pm
I spoke to Tara and I'll be there with the Sport
1994 Sport Nautique
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2014 at 4:02am
my family is flying back earlier in order to help as well, so I'll be there all day
any other GA/ATL folks able to help?

Mike, I plan on motoring over from Lazy days. should we meet up there and drive over together?
1994 Sport Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2014 at 9:10am
Talked to Mike yesterday and I asked him if I could store Miss Scarlett at his place for a few days after the Lanier Crew gathering if I can get the day off to which he said no problem. He also said it was shaping up to be a Nautique/Supra reunion as thats all the inboards that have signed up for this event. I'm a definate maybe.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2015 at 2:58pm
Folks, Tara started planing the '15 Lake Lanier Wake the World on Lanier.
We are looking at June 18th.
Mark the date in your phones (or whatever ya'll use) and come out in force!!!
1994 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2015 at 10:53am
Here is the email I received.

waketheworldgeorgia@gmail.com
Hello Everyone!

It is that time of year again! We are in the planning stages of Wake The World 2015! Sorry for being a bit late, as I took on a new position at work and it has been consuming my time. I hope you will all be involved this year!

We are looking at around the same time as last year. Thursday, June 18th.

We would love to get more boaters involved and invite more children's homes. I am waiting for confirmation from the 2 from last year to make sure they are in, but will be inviting other homes as well. If you know of any, please let me know and I would love to contact them.

We would love to move the location this year and have it somewhere more convenient. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know. We would love it is there was somewhere with more docks and more viewing area. This we will need to secure asap.

Please reply back to this email if you are interested in being involved and can commit to the date so I can start getting a bunch of info organized.

We will be creating sponsorship levels this year to hopefully raise more $. It cost us a little over $1000 last year, but we also had lunch donated. I will send out sponsorship levels shortly and if anyone has connections with businesses/individuals who would be interested in donating, let me know.

As usual we will need donations as well for other items, for example:
Photographers
Goody Bag items
Food (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, beverages)
Any other company who can create excitement (similar to the Monster Energy Truck and people last year)
T Shirts Sponsor
Bag Sponsor

The list could go on. If you know of someone or a company who would like to be involved, but they are not sure how they can help, let me know and I will talk with them and figure something out.

If you have any questions, email me back and I will distribute more info as it comes in as well as the sponsorship form. Thanks for all your passion to truly make a difference in these kids' lives!

--
Tara and Chris Broughton

Coordinators
Wake the World Georgia
404-357-9873
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2015 at 12:27pm
FYI there is also a similar annual event on Oconee In which rides are given to poor kids who've never been on a boat. Typically limited to antiques but I've been invited in the past to bring my classic glass. Not sure actual participation would apply to the mostly newer boat Lanier crowd but it's a great chance to see some nice old boats. if anyone is interested I can fiND out more about this year's event

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
jpage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2015 at 2:03am
I'll do my best to bring the S&S if all goes well this offseason.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2015 at 1:55pm
Mike, does Lanier have any show ski teams as their site could be perfect, bleachers, large docs/stages, parking etc.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2015 at 2:02pm
Since it is during the week, I suggested to Tara to reach out to Lake Lanier Islands and ask them for passes and dock space for the day as a donation
1994 Sport Nautique
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2015 at 1:32pm
Wake the World Georgia was yesterday and we had a great day
About 30 kids and about 10 boats.
If there is such an event in your area, I can only recommend to support it.
Here the nice and ugly (LOL) pics from that day
Early start but the water and weather was gr8

I was early and met a MC owner which I met before at the WBC (small world)

Another MC owner and participant saw us and joined the warm up fun

Unfortunately my 2 CCF brothers could only think of one way to enjoy the glass
Mike?

Reid?

So with only one CCF footer out there, I needed my son to start showboating

Honestly it was a great day and you can tell the kids enjoy it!
Will do it again and in the bigger scheme of things forgive Mike and Reid haha (see ya this Saturday, I hope)
1994 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic