Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please help me find my old Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Charlesskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlesskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help me find my old Ski Nautique
    Posted: May-14-2014 at 10:34pm
Can somebody help me locate the current owner of my old 1993 Ski Nautique ?
I know it's 20 years old now but if it's in good shape I would like to buy it back. Ever sense my dad died back in December I've been wanting to get that boat back. I have a lot of good memories with my dad driving me open water skiing.
Hull number CTC30994E393
It's dark blue and black on the sides with a white top
Somebody please help me find the current owner. Last I checked the boat might be on Lake Martin Alabama.
Thanks for any help
Charles Moore
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2014 at 11:27pm
probably need a little more info than that...why do you think its on lake martin? when did you sell it and to who? when was the the last time you saw it or actually knew where it was? if you know some of that info someone on here might know the guy
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlesskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2014 at 11:35pm
I sold the boat in 2004 to The Ski Club in Montgomery Alabama. I was laid off from work at the time and needed the cash. I was assuming the boat was sold to a family on Lake Martin north of Montgomery. I'm the original owner and wished I was able to keep the boat.
86nautique454 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86nautique454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2014 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Charlesskier Charlesskier wrote:

Can somebody help me locate the current owner of my old 1993 Ski Nautique ?
I know it's 20 years old now but if it's in good shape I would like to buy it back. Ever sense my dad died back in December I've been wanting to get that boat back. I have a lot of good memories with my dad driving me open water skiing.
Hull number CTC30994E393
It's dark blue and black on the sides with a white top
Somebody please help me find the current owner. Last I checked the boat might be on Lake Martin Alabama.
Thanks for any help
Charles Moore

Don't give up! This year at the SJRR I met a CCFAN named Ross and while talking we found out his dad ordered my Ski Nautique from the factory in the summer of 1985. They sold it around 1987-88 and then it was sold again a year or so later. It ended up in Sarasota with the previous owner until I bought it in 2012. Ross took pics and rode in it 25 years later and now I ski on the same lakes in Winter Haven that Ross skied on in the 80's. It was cool for both of us to find out the history of this boat. If you get more info I think it should be pretty easy to find.

Bobby
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2014 at 11:55pm
I would start by looking in the diaries here, if you have not already
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 12:56am
I only found one dark blueish one (if thats even the one). But we will find this boat for you. Did/could you ask the ski club if they have any clues/ideas of who they may have sold it to?
1972 Mustang

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlesskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 1:00am
Unfortunately The Ski Club dealership has closed down. Is there a way I can post a picture of my boat in here?
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 1:05am
If you are on a desktop, read the links in my signature for image and video help. Or click the "Post Reply" button bottom left of this post and you will see an icon to add/upload images.

If you are on a phone or tablet it is a bit more tricky.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlesskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 1:17am
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 1:23am
Looks a lot like this one.

As you can see, there's a phone number in that ad that was in Mississippi. The boat was sold but maybe the seller has info about the buyer.

EDIT: Nope, just noticed the hull number was in that one: CTC30097H293

- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 1:49am
well looks like i was looking at the wrong color oops...
1972 Mustang
Florida Inboards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florida Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 3:35am
Welcome aboard Charles, Good to hear from you this afternoon and glad you found the site. will keep a watch for the old 93 for ya.
Jody
Money Talks! BS Walks! and loose change rides the bus!!!
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 8:57am
Maybe try the DMV or whatever department that registers boats in the near by states. If it's anything like ours, it'll require finding a lady who's not a complete b**ch and bring flowers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlesskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2014 at 12:45pm
The DNR in Alabama found my boat in Birmingham!!!!
I'm literally about to start crying. I'm going to write the current owner and see what happens from there.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2014 at 1:15pm
That's awesome, good luck
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2014 at 1:20pm
Wow, this story is getting very interesting. Good luck and please keep us up-to-speed.

And - I LOVE that color combination.

Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2014 at 4:41pm
If the boat is still in your state, the registration number might be a helpful clue to finding the current owner. Washington state does not change the registration number when a boat transfers ownership, your state may be the same(if the boat stayed local)

Good luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlesskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2014 at 12:21pm
I finally talked with the current owner in Birmingham Alabama. He sent me a couple of pictures and it looks like it is still in good condition. He said that he will discuss selling the boat with his sons and see what they want to do. If nothing else at least I know the boat is being taken care of.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2014 at 1:13pm
That is very cool. If he sells and you buy it, you MUST post a video or photos of the day you pick it up!!!!
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlesskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2014 at 1:18pm
I defiantly will post some pictures. Just hope you don't mind seeing me crying. I kick myself everyday for selling it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2014 at 1:51pm
an option to consider is a trade...you have a sentimental connection to the boat, his may not be as strong. if you can find a comparable or even a little newer/nicer boat and pick it up he might be willing to trade. you're buying a boat either way, win win. Or he may be looking for something bigger and would be willing to cover the gap in price. if you really want yours back don't rule out any options.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2015 at 1:16am
What ever happened to this? I wondered if the owner said no and then Charles wanted nothing to do with this site. I really was hoping he would get the boat.
1972 Mustang

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlesskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2015 at 1:38am
Hi Chevy350
I found the current owner of my old boat. Unfortunately he doesn't want to sell it. He's very nice though. We keep in touch with each other and he'll send me current pictures of the boat every now and then. I was very happy that he still keeps the boat in great condition. I'm still hoping that one day he'll change his mind and sell it back.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2015 at 11:17am
Keep after him Charles! My wife and I had a somewhat similar chase with her boat (story in this thread) but it was worth the wait. Once it came up we didn't hesitate and were ready to write a check.

Sounds like the current owner is a nice enough guy and will give you first chance at the boat!

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2015 at 11:24am
Everythings for sale.. Charles, sounds like you just need to pony up a few extra bucks !!

Why is the boat so special to you? I don't think I read why...
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlesskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2015 at 12:00pm
I originally sold the boat when I was going through a lay off and I needed the cash for bills. Now the boat has sentimental value to me because this past year my father passed away. He drove me up and down the slalom course many times in that boat.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2015 at 1:34pm
Very cool Charles !! and I'm very sorry to hear of your dads passing. My condolenses... I sincerely hope you can get your hands on the boat.. Just be persistant, maybe they'll break at some point, and you'll be united once again!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2015 at 2:05pm
You never know how a story like this will end. Hopefully Tim won't mind my sharing his story, but through patience and perseverance he was able to re-obtain his family's first CC, a 68 mustang sold decades ago, this past year and presented it to his dad for Christmas. How cool is that? (that's Tim at the wheel)

Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2015 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Charlesskier Charlesskier wrote:

Hi Chevy350
I found the current owner of my old boat. Unfortunately he doesn't want to sell it. He's very nice though. We keep in touch with each other and he'll send me current pictures of the boat every now and then. I was very happy that he still keeps the boat in great condition. I'm still hoping that one day he'll change his mind and sell it back.

That's really cool! I hope you get this boat.

Also, Tim getting that Mustang back is a really cool story.
1972 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic