Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New old boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Flip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New old boat
    Posted: April-18-2014 at 10:29am
My son recently acquired a 1957 Correct Craft. Currently has no engine or trans. He would like to know what engine came in the boat and any other specifics. The hull NO. is 16....151; engine No. 351116. Any help is gratefully appreciated.
Phil Carlin
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 10:41am
we need pictures phil.....
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
Flip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 12:28pm
Can I simply email a few to you . Not sure how to post them on this forum.
Phil Carlin
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 12:44pm

Posting pics

Can't wait to see it. Welcome to the site!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 12:59pm
Welcome aboard Phil!
You came to the right place for info, guidence and encouragement! Where are you in Maitland?! I am in Altamonte. Lake Brantley. I have no experience with the old boats, just admiration. Like they say, PICTURES!? If you can not figure out the upload process, maybe I could help.
Js
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 1:04pm
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
Flip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 1:07pm
Hi Smith Family.

We live in Dommerich Estate in Maitland. The boat belongs to my son, who lives on Little Lake Mary in Lake Mary.
Phil Carlin
Flip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 1:19pm
I tried to upload photos but finally got a message saying the file was too large. Any suggestions?
Phil Carlin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 1:32pm
i put mine on photobucket and they get sized automatically...then i download them here
Flip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 1:34pm
Phil Carlin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 1:44pm
thats nice phil, sure looks like one...need the transome, single pipes or double that'll narrow it down. could be a y block or the amc 327 like ours
Flip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 1:48pm
I have tried to resize a few more photos, but I seriously need to get back to work!!
Phil Carlin
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by juniorwoody juniorwoody wrote:

link to 1957 starflite pictures

What ever happened to that project?
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 2:00pm
Phil - there's a link in my signature to videos about how to post pictures to this forum. If you're on a phone or tablet it will be much tougher, but if you are on a desktop or laptop, it will be easy to do it via Photobucket. It will resize the photos for you.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Flip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 2:00pm
Phil Carlin
Flip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 2:03pm
Thanks, Jeff. I managed to resize a few photos as you probably can see.
I'll have to look into photobucket.
Phil Carlin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 2:07pm
Oh my... that looks awesome.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 2:21pm
i will be heading back to New England soon to work on the other project. i think the starflite may be coming to florida for its restoration and perhaps i will be trailering it down in july. the 1950 utility needs to get it's hull material installed first. picking up where i left off in october.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 3:35pm
you can always use MS Paint to resize the images.
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 3:41pm
WOW! Hey Phil, that's nice! What is the story behind it? Do you have a motor?
Js
Flip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 4:04pm
My father-in-law recently gave the boat to my son, and last October we trailered her back to Florida from Blairsville, GA. I can't remember how long he owned her, but he gave my son a bunch of photos of him redoing the hull in his driveway, probably 12 or more years ago. Shortly after refinishing, he moved to Blairsville. It currently has no motor, and I can't remember if he ever had it in the water after moving to GA. The last GA registration numbers were from 2008. He did say that someone had given him a Chevy engine for it, but he said it was too large. Don't know if he meant dimension-wise it was too big, or HP was too much for it.

We attended the boat show in Tavares a few weeks ago with the hopes of talking to someone about it, but it poured rain he day we were there and not too many folks were around.

We did take it down to Correct Craft, and they said they could put a 3 cylinder Merc engine in her and get her running for only $10K.

Neither of us knows much about boats (we do kayak!) but this looks like a fun project.
Phil Carlin
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 4:09pm
Don't put a Merc in that beauty!
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 4:14pm
?Only $10k? Good one. Well you missed a wealth of Info at the show, including Mr. Ralph Meloon! Take a look at the SJRR 2014 pictures in the reunion thread!! But you are now in the right spot to get her back to her former glory. There are those on here that will help with the project, and even help to find suitable mechanics if you are not capable. Great story on it, and an awesome gift!!
Js
Flip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 4:33pm
This is ironic, but years ago when I first got into public accounting, Correct Craft was one of our clients!
Phil Carlin
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 8:27pm
Phil,
Chances are good that it had a Ford Y block in it. Maybe a 252 or a 272.
57 may be too early for the 312.

Welcome to CCfan. Keep the pictures coming!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
captbob626 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captbob626 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 11:18pm
The one I had , had a gray marine 6cyl. Flathead. I still have the motor mounts, water pump, and oil cooler if you can use them.
Bob Meimbresse
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2014 at 6:38pm
Phil,
I second this. If you what to totally ruin the boat as well as it's value, you what to keep it original. CC told you they could put a Merc in it?
Originally posted by bhectus bhectus wrote:

Don't put a Merc in that beauty!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Flip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2014 at 7:56pm
o fears! We are not considering the Merc!

Here's another photo"
Phil Carlin
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2014 at 9:21pm
Beautiful boat you have there Phil. My dream is to own a beauty like that one day.

1972 Mustang
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2014 at 8:41am
With the engine number of 351116 .... Looking at the Interceptor records I would say she had a 312 Y Block in her
as for transmission would have been a Dearborn, look for a C model if you are staying totally original,
but you can fit a Velvet Drive as well for ease both will bolt up to the same bell housing.

Good Luck with your build.

ENGINE NUMBER IDENTIFICATION ( Y BLOCK FORD INTERCEPTOR)

Prior to January 1, 1959

Model & Horsepower                           Cubic Inch                                  Starting with Numbers

125                                                 239                                 2501   to 25116
               135                                                 256                                 25116 up
               145                                                  256                               4501    to 45326
               150                                                  256                                501      up
               165                                                 272                                6001    to   60398
               170                                                  272                               60398 up
               185                                                   292                                 7501    up
               215                                                  312                                 3501    up

Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic