Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Back at it again

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back at it again
    Posted: April-17-2014 at 12:29am

I'm working on the mustang again.It's been quite awhile but I've promised myself that it will be in the water this summer.My problem is I've lost most of my pictures that were taken during tear down and I've forgotten a few things.
Where is the bulkhead located that supports the bilge vent hoses and is it sealed to the hull or was there a place for water to pass thru ?
By the way,I've learned the hard way that you print out pictures that you need.They won't "go away" and they're great to have by your side while working on your project.
Watch your fingers.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 11:10am
In the various boats Ive disassembled, that bulkhead is somewhere between 6-18" forward of the pylon. Its pretty much inconsequential where it goes. They were always sealed from the factory (or were supposed to be), as they separated the bilge (wet) from the foam (dry). The only things that drained to the bilge in the factory configuration were the exhaust pockets (~1972-1988). Of course, there is more than one way to skin a cat- what are you doing for structure on your rebuild (foam vs. no foam, etc)?

Glad to see you back at it, Gary!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 9:07pm
Gary,
Yes glad to see to back and back at working on the CC. I'll never forget that gel job you did. The thread was a great addition to the CCfan forums.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 11:49pm

hi again, Thanks Pete.It's been awhile but I'm committed this time (or should be) to finishing this one so I can move on to my other project boats.
I'm doing plywood over foam for this boat.I looked back on a couple of threads that discussed different ideas on the correct way to attach the plywood floor to the boat. The original fiberglass floor was attached the hull so I'm going to do the same with the plywood. It will be tabbed with fiberglass/epoxy with a gap between plywood and hull.
I still have the seats from the other mustang so I can use them as patterns.Lots to do but I'm chipping away at it.
Watch your fingers.

farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2014 at 6:43pm
okay,i found a picture that I had uploaded to photobucket that shows the location of the bulkhead that supports the vent hoses.Which brings up another question. Why is there only one vent when there are three (if I remember correctly)holes under the front scoop ?

Watch your fingers.

farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2014 at 10:29pm

Just wanted to bump this up.I still don't remember the vent hose routing.Three inlets under front scoop but one thru to the bilge. What am I missing here ?
Watch your fingers.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2014 at 10:59pm
Bad angle on the picture I think. All 3 hoses would have terminated on the left side of that bulkhead. There's nowhere else for them to go.
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2014 at 11:12pm

Oh man why didn't I think about that.The other two must be blocked by the pylon mount. Thanks Tim
Watch your fingers.

Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2014 at 6:58pm
Glad to see you working on your boat. I never gotten to be able to work on my '69 SN. Always too busy working on my mustang to get it running just fine.
1972 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic