NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ice Out - Open Water

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 4567>
Author
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2017 at 12:15pm
Doubt you thought of this, maybe you could just pull it up on shore when not in use?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2017 at 12:29pm
Well, actually I did, but I am kind of a shoreline aesthetics nazi and didnt really want to do that. Another similar approach: Some folks on our lake have little cradles in the water at the shoreline they pull them up on to. That also isnt such a bad idea, but again....the whole shoreline aesthetics thing. May think about that some more. If it is just a couple inches above water level, maybe not so bad. Though the level can drop as much as a foot or more over the summer.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2017 at 12:42pm
A little sailboat pulled up on the beach affects shoreline aesthetics? Our beach routinely has a rowboat with a 6 HP, a canoe, and a couple of paddle boards on it. Seems like part of the beauty of a lake shore property.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2017 at 12:50pm
Really can't argue with that line of thinking too terribly loudly. Maybe the real reason is, I dont feel like lugging it up and down.
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2017 at 12:51pm
CQ has a marina. I'm hoping he installs a big gas station with ethanol free gas so I don't have to drive 17 miles each way to get it. I think his neighbors are still in a bit of shock. Wait till the slalom course goes in!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2017 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Kind of cool that you posed in front of that ancient antique ski boat.

I've been thinking of getting some big graphics for the sides that say "Ski Antique" I thought of that. Pretty clever, huh? It's amazing nobody has thought of it before now.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2017 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Hey now, I have nothing but the finest state of the art equipment.

Larry don't let them get you down,pioneers are often criticized---

Water temp here today is 75,only the tourists are in.

Your talking for the boat right? Tattoo's are permanent    
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2017 at 1:53pm
Original. I see what you did there.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2017 at 2:14pm
Six days ago I skied and it was 70 degrees and no wind. Today we have 10" of snow and 40 mph winds. On the bright side though, The lake is still open!
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2017 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

Six days ago I skied and it was 70 degrees and no wind. Today we have 10" of snow and 40 mph winds. On the bright side though, The lake is still open!

Please keep that snow out there!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2017 at 8:40am
Winter is still holding on up here. The snowmobilers are still out in force! The deadline for ice fishing shanty removal is March 17th.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2017 at 10:31am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Winter is still holding on up here.

And it's still here! -5 as I post!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2017 at 11:27am
Yea I know the feeling,it finally cooled down here today,only supposed to be 79. 72 out now. Tough figuring out what flip flops to wear when you get such temperature swings
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2017 at 11:35am
Gary,
At least now with you spending time down there in winter, you are getting some color on those legs of yours!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2017 at 1:24pm
Now I have to work on the arms. I honestly don't know how I did it all those years. Thankful for what my parents left for us, most likely would have never committed to owning another house, don't have to tell you about the extra work---
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2018 at 3:47pm
And here we go again, Lake ice is looking very Grey, open water should be just around the corner, figure another 10 days unless we get some more rain. Another mild winter behind us (almost).
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2018 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Grey, open water should be just around the corner, figure another 10 days ).

You southerners and the warm weather! I just ran into my neighbor this morning coming off the ice. He still needed his extension on his 32" power ice auger this morning!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2018 at 6:39pm
I'd rather have to buy it than have to go out and fish for it
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2018 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I'd rather have to buy it than have to go out and fish for it

Gary,
I'd have to say there are plenty who get out to their ice shanty's just to get away and not really do much fishing!!    Lots of the shanty's are true "man caves". Heat, TV, solar power/batteries/inverters, fridge, even beds!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2018 at 5:57pm
Our neighboring lake, Crooked Lake is completely free of ice already.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2018 at 8:35am
Still plenty of ice here. Locally the snow on the trails is pretty bad but north in the UP they are still in fantastic condition.

Mark (laurel lake skier) this last weekend checking out the blue ice on lake Superior.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2018 at 9:14am
We are open here. We had about four days of 30 mph winds last week and that’s all it took.
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2018 at 10:03am
Same here, windy day last week and there the ice went, officially 03/07 this year, bit earlier than usual HW who is only 15 miles or so north of me was still half ice last weekend, he was out in it and did one of his famous ice to open water starts, lol
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2018 at 11:10am
Same thing here too every day,here is Tuesday

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
rolleronariver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolleronariver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2018 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

You southerners and the warm weather! I just ran into my neighbor this morning coming off the ice. He still needed his extension on his 32" power ice auger this morning!!

Seeing y'all's post makes me glad that I live in the south! I did see part of our local lake freeze over in January. It thawed out in a couple of days though and it wasn't ever thick enough to even think about walking on.
92 Sport nautique
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2018 at 9:48pm
Live about 80 miles north of Detroit . Lake still 100% frozen .
Feels like I am hanging 10 but in reality - probably hanging 6.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2018 at 1:35am
It's Friday- same old same old We have been taking good care of it sending it north soon

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2018 at 5:02pm
Almost there 2018.

Here's what's left as of this morning;

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2018 at 5:26pm
It’s almost ski week! Or is that ski day?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2018 at 8:57pm
It's not going to be any easier this year for Pete to retain his tubing crown if he has not been able to get out and train. His competition was out on the Fox yesterday gunning for the title
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 4567>
  Share Topic