Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what is this.. what the value 1965 classic

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
vee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what is this.. what the value 1965 classic
    Posted: April-09-2014 at 2:51am
i just got this correct craft. ive read on this site to look for the i.d. plate. i found it but i dont know what it means.. ill post pics of boat and plate. im hoping you guys may be able to identify it and help me with the value in the state its in.. and if someone interested let me know.. it will be for sale once i know what it is ok thank for your time you guys..

hull no. pc154   
engine no. e1p21 3985
thanks
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 6:37am
Michael,
Welcome to CCfan. We'll be waiting for the pictures.

The "PC" prefix would indicate Plastic Classic.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
vee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 8:29am
i uploaded the pics and can see them in my control panal but cant seem to link them to this post.. is there a trick im missing..
thanks
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 8:50am
Click on the "Full Reply" editor (the arrow pointing up and to the right).

From there you will see 2 icons for images - 1 to link an existing image and 1 to upload and link.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
vee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 1:02pm
ok there uploaded in my file manager.. how do i link it and put it in my posting.. its asking ne for an html// adrrs.. i dont what the adrss is
thanks
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 1:15pm
Look at the link in my signature called "image and video help".

Or, watch this video:

- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 1:46pm
Michael sent me his pics. Here they are:

That's pretty rough!
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 2:50pm
Oh NICE! Another interceptor about to be saved. I hope it's a 312. I love the old Y-block Fords. I sure recognize the Carter YH dual carb set up. It will be a big job, but a worthy candidate for restoration!
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 3:08pm
Its a good thing you are in Kali. My wife would shoot me in my sleep for bringing that home. And yeah, id bring it home...
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 3:51pm
Yep, an early 60's CC "Classic"...
Michael,
The boat is one that this group loves to restore. The problem with what you have there is this poor thing has been sent to die long ago.. I see it is full of water, so it's very likely the stringers are completely soaked and rotten. The interior is surely gone and who knows about the motor. Oh and the trailer is eh, fried....
The boat can be restored, but in it's current state, the value is what someone is willing to pay for it. Most would call it a "project" for sure.. $1000-1500 maybe.. Parts would be worth more, but there are guys here that could resurrect this lost child.. Sell it whole to someone !!!

More will chime in to lend a hand in discussion..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 3:56pm
It's a Classic. She is in pretty rough shape, but worth saving!

I assume throttle is pedal on floor?

What does it have for a shifter?

Non original windshield?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 3:57pm
The other missing item is the motor box. That will be hard to come by.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 3:58pm
Wrong windshield as well.....
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by ny_nautique ny_nautique wrote:

The other missing item is the motor box. That will be hard to come by.

cant remember on mine, but might be a wooden one?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by ny_nautique ny_nautique wrote:

Dog house is clearly there, it just needs a top (or complete rebuild, but easily enough there for a template).
vee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 4:41pm
thanks for all your posts. ive been working on the job site where this boat came from for over a month and have been checking the site here for info.. ill post the story about the boat tonite.. thanks again for all your post and help!!
thanks
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 5:11pm
Ah I was thinking that this one was a molded plastic doghouse with the rounded sides.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 9:19pm
Well, anything is restorable but if you move forward, it will take plenty of work.

It may not be the 312 but being a 65 it most likely is. I wish I had my Interceptor manual here in Il. so I could decode the engine ID. Most likely it will have the Dearbomatic trans.

I'd sure start with stripping the hull and seeing if a wet sand and buff will do any good. The early gels can be problematic. Before you go that far, chances are high that you will need stringer work.

Keep the pictures coming.

BTW, that black on the top of the hull sides is not original.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Well, anything is restorable but if you move forward, it will take plenty of work.

It will take plenty of work, but remember what Gary's mustang looked like before he started?

The black at top of hull????? Am I missing something? /you looking at a shadow?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 9:39pm
shadow.
Even if I was local and I'm not.
Even if my wife would let me and she wouldn't.
Even if I had the room for another boat and I don't
I would not pay over $400 for that awesome boat.
problem is there is not one single facet of the package that isn't in really bad shape. Every single piece and part and function will have to go full tear down, assess, replace, refurbish. The only redeeming quality is the name, age and class. It is walking a fine line between parts boat and project boat. A very fine line.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

It will take plenty of work, but remember what Gary's mustang looked like before he started?

The black at top of hull????? Am I missing something? /you looking at a shadow?

Yup, I looked at it again and it's a shadow. It must be the damn XP non supported running system I have on this computer!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 10:50pm
Pete - you even keep your computer OS original too huh?
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 11:07pm
The tag says the engine code is E, so that's a 312 as long as it's the original engine. Give it a good cleaning and get all the debris out of it. She'll grow on you. They're great boats. I think ours is PC 137 and it's supposedly a 62, so yours may be older than a '65.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 11:20pm

Since the windshield is wrong I'd just remove it. They are overrated anyway
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 12:32am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Since the windshield is wrong I'd just remove it. They are overrated anyway

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
vee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 3:54am
one of my clients asked me to clear a 5 acre propery of debre and repair his house. he didnt have the money to pay for it so he asked if i would do the work based on what i could get for some of the items and scrap metal. i knew it wouldnt be a money maker but i figure its just the right thing to do. he bought the property for his best friend and he passed away and needs to sell the property right away. ive have removed over 30tons of trash and another 20 tons of scrap. i had one of my guys on a backhoe ready to pull the motor out of this boat and trash the rest.. something told me not to do it.. im already upside down on the job ans knew it would cost a pretty penny to have this boat towed but i figured if someone would enjoy it then the money didnt matter.. just felt like it was the right thing to do.. its a really neat boat and i hope someone will make an offer on it. thanks for all your posts. im doing the paperwork so that should let us kniw the actual year..if anyone want specific pics let me know ok
thanks
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 12:34pm
With the overall condition of the boat and the trailer, I think baitkiller pretty much has it spot-on as a $300-$400 item. I assume the boat is in California? Someone local would need to be the buyer. Shipping it anywhere would be wayyyy more than the value of the boat itself.

I hate to say it, but the other option would be to part it out, you might be able to make a little more money off of it, but would have your time invested and would have a hull to dispose of.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 12:53pm
I guess the case has been made to part it out as there's got to be at least $1500 in parts there, unless the engine is junk.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 1:12pm
Bruce,
Looking at the engine pics, I would be shocked if it wasnt frozen, let alone getting her to run. Appears to have been uncovered for some time. Even in "sunny Ca" chances are there has been water intrusion.

vee,, have you pulled the dipstick to check oil level?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
vee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 3:28pm
i havent checkrd the oil but i will.. is there a way to spin the motor without taking it apart
thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic