NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Upholstery - Chicago/Milwaukee

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upholstery - Chicago/Milwaukee
    Posted: April-08-2014 at 6:44pm
Need a couple cushions redone, including the wood. Don't want to pay Christine's prices to have it not match the rest of the worn interior anyway and also don't have the time to do it myself.

Any local suggestions?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2014 at 7:29pm
Mary Pope Custom Sewing in LV, former GF of Brian Shuffle of Aquanuts fame could be worth a call
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 11:21am
I got a place up around Green Lake that does REALLY nice work (they redesigned the interior on Dad's Ski), they were reasonable.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 11:27am
A place in Cary did my Mustang for 1K Kevin but I don't think they do the sub structure I supplied that and reused the foam.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 11:51am
Kendor marine on Ryan road. 20min south of Milwaukee.

My uncle works there and did my observer seat.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 12:30pm
HW, keep me in the loop about what you're going with. Tim told me about his guy that would upholster the soon to be mine 68 mustang for roughly 2k, but given that the benjamins will likely drive out there at some point, this might be an option for me.
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 12:47pm
2k for a Mustang,better be some awesome interior work, must be starting from scratch. Wood motorbox or glass?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 1:10pm
The work is awesome, I'll send you some pics Gary. I had the guy do the motorbox on my Tique and he did my buddy's Skier last year. Tight as a drum, proper bolsters, curves, hard corners... beautiful. Doesnt work cheap though, thats for sure. I didnt say $2k though, more like $1500-1800, which included the vinyl, new foam and install. Bases, etc might push the $2k mark, but thats on you (I did all the bases on the Skier). Just the front buckets and back seat (3-piece bottom), no motorbox vinyl on that one. The motorbox from the Tique cost me $500 for the sewing, foam and install circa 2008- I supplied the vinyl. Reid has paid similar prices for his small boats down his way. In my experience, good work doesnt come cheap!

Scott, unless you had original cushions from which to work from (you dont), getting an interior done remotely by a shop that doesnt have the patterns is going to be a huge PITA. Better to let them get their hands on the seats (and/or boat) to ensure a proper fit. Im currently awaiting pics from a MC interior install happening in western MA... prices seem more reasonable but the quality of work is TBD. May or may not be another option to consider.
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 1:19pm
HW, if you're not in a hurry you might want to consider looking for options to get your stuff out this way, and then the guy might give us a better offer -- especially if we tell him about all of the boats that we have, he'll be set for a while ;)
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 1:24pm
Tim/Scott - what is the name of the guy in Western MA? I met a guy in Springfield a few weeks ago that seems to do good work. He does classic car interiors but also did boats. He had just completed a teal and white MasterCraft.

I left his business card in my Nissan truck that I just sold...
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 12:03am
Scott, I've got the front seats and the rear seat back cushion from the 68 Mustang from CT that are in great shape for use as patterns for the vinyl and foam, for an upholstery guy.   Just Sayin'

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 9:18am
UT, wrong style seats! That 68 of yours had its seats and frames replaced with mid-70's buckets.
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 1:12pm
We had our 96' redone by Cantus Upholestry in Seneca, Illinois. They are a little south of you, but worth checking out. They did an excellent job at a reasonable price. Dan is the owner.
levin
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2014 at 4:30pm
I told CQ I would come out for the pier building party, if you don't find somebody local I could bring them home with me to the amish.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2014 at 9:25pm
Adam done that drive back in 2009 Chicago to Cleveland. Think I spent more on tolls than fuel...
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic