NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Air Tique?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Tique?
    Posted: February-25-2014 at 10:03pm
Anybody ever see one of these in the wild? They seem like they would be elusive little birds.

And is it just me or does a "Big Air 176" seem fundamentally flawed?

I would like to see one of the flip-up back seats though, that seems kinda cool.

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2014 at 10:16pm
Mike Succi had a 176 with air Tique decals. Pretty sure the decals and taller pylon were the only things that made it an air. Kyles 176 had the rear seat that converted to a sun deck, seemed to work well.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2014 at 10:29pm
If you had told me an hour ago such a creature existed I would have called you a liar, but a BKHallpass post got me looking at the 98 brochure and what do you know.

It looks like a fat sack fit under the sun deck. Only 98 & 99? I wonder how many were made...or better yet, sold? Did all 176's have that convertible seat? Only those years? I know they were playing around with the python those years, was the Air Tique was only eligible for the little guy?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2014 at 10:45pm
Adam,

That would match my Silver, Fatboy, Buell, Truck, House,
Snap on tool box, and my Dog Obie.

Your a bad influence   
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 1:04am
Those little 176 boats actually throw a great wake when loaded up with ballast too!
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 11:22am
Also had this little feller in 02 only. Air 196. SNOB with a tower.

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 1:58pm
Another Air Tique with Super Sport Branding

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by bhectus bhectus wrote:

Those little 176 boats actually throw a great wake when loaded up with ballast too!
really? that just seems backwards to me...
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 2:28pm
That picture is tricky Mars haha.
beretta5spd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 2:52pm
I have had the factory extended or mid-height pylon in both my 96 and 97 Sport Nautiques. The tower is obviously a much better tow point for dedicated wake boarders but I have to say I was impressed with the factory pylon. It also made the back seat of the boat usable while towing.

I could see the little Air Tique getting a passing grade if the wake is as decent as I have heard it was on other forums.
1996,1997 Sport Nautique 1986,1992 Ski Nautique - Sold
1995 Sport Nautique - Current
schultz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 11:02pm
Back seat is awesome ! Ive been wanting that on my 196 , wonder if its possible ?
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 11:23pm
Yep. As Tim mentioned, I had one ('98) Probably still have it if it had more room. It had the rear seat/sundeck option. Loved that boat. Unfortunately, IIRC it went to a restricted HP/Length lake and the new owner had a 4 cyl put in it due to the restrictions.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic