NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Loud Pipes Save Lives

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loud Pipes Save Lives
    Posted: January-24-2014 at 1:04pm
Here are some Options for the Loud Pipes Saves Lives T shirt that we will add to the CCfan webstore this spring. These are just ideas and I am open to suggestions on improving it so please post any comments and please note which design Number you are refering to.

This is YOUR Design so speak up and post comments or better yet mark it up and repost your ideas. Looking forward to your feedback.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 1:08pm
I'd buy any of them, but like #2 best.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 1:09pm
I like number 1. Shouldn't it read Loud Pipes Save Lives since pipes is plural?

I dig the water line on the back of the boat. Also dig option 3. Going to incorporate some CCF.com colors?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 1:16pm
Good call grammar police. Prefer no waterline.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 1:21pm
Hollywood likes his boats out of the water.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 1:31pm
I like the font in 2/6 best... noticed the same grammar thing as well.

In regards to the artwork, its a good start- but some of the Mustang's features are missing, slightly off or out of scale. Scoops are too round, missing the rope clearance bar, motorbox too tall, pylon to small, etc. Would a better picture help with tweaking it?
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

I like number 1. Shouldn't it read Loud Pipes Save Lives since pipes is plural?

I agree on both counts. I also like the water line as well.

Not sure if it would look goofy, but thought to maybe add bubbles coming up from the exhaust? To make it look like it's running.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 1:41pm
Put a fish under it too and a beer can on the dash.

Kidding. It's a t-shirt, keep it simple.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 1:43pm
I don't like the 2-6 because it looks like a Harley shirt that would say loud pipes save lives. I don't like Harley stuff.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 1:46pm
This is funny, this is so close to the design I tried to get White Lake Marine to let me do for the White Lake Mini shirts last year but they thought no one would like it. But my design had the back of a 2001.

I think the tow ring should be bigger and show half of the steering wheel.
Tim D
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 1:56pm
The drawing looks pretty darn good. Here's a photo of our 66 if this might help, but I guess the proper English would be "loud pipe saves lives"

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 2:02pm
no snaps!
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

but I guess the proper English would be "loud pipe saves lives"

We like old stuff here, what about olde english? Thy Pipes Savest Lives?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I guess the proper English would be "loud pipe saves lives"

]

Lol, I favor the rear end without the center section. Like that boat.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 2:10pm
Here's a suggestion, what if we didn't wrap the words around the boat?

Also, I still like the side view...obviously Alan's finished product will look better, but you get the idea

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 2:20pm
Great Idea guys!   I too like 2/6.    If we wanted to go the easy route to make it look like it was running, you could do movement lines around the prop.   
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 2:29pm
Is it funny how the mock up I gave to the designer had the correct grammer and we get it back wrong...welcome to my world, LOL

I'll adjust the boat details, keep in mind my designer doesn't even know what a correct craft is let alone a Mustang so it's up to you guys to point everything out you want changed and we'll get it done.

Anyway I'm going to let the comments roll in over the weekend and then incorporate some changes and we'll start narrowing it down a bit. We have plenty of time to get this done.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 2:29pm
Yea, a dirty neutral would be more realistic (nobody is driving).
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Yea, a dirty neutral would be more realistic (nobody is driving).
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Put a fish under it too and a beer can on the dash.

Kidding. It's a t-shirt, keep it simple.

If people were cool with the bubbles, I was going to take it a step further and suggest we add this little guy underneath to the left:

I guess you're right to keep it simple though
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 2:43pm
^ clearly he's not talking about any of Reid's boats looking from below!
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 3:06pm
Maybe something like this on the other side too.

Now you’ve tried the rest
                                                       Ride in the Best

Correct Craft
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 3:12pm
I know it was a joke but I kinda like the beer can idea...maybe just inside the windshield frame by the driver
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

I know it was a joke but I kinda like the beer can idea...maybe just inside the windshield frame by the driver

Then you have arguments of what brand is on the can...." Ooooooh....Duff Beer!"
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Then you have arguments of what brand is on the can...." Ooooooh....Duff Beer!"

Not if its just an outline, like the rest of the boat...it could be a can with the tab sticking up, or a bottle with no cap and a line halfway down
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 5:02pm
A few tweaks:
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 5:08pm

Adam what are you talking about??? There is never a beer beside the driver on the dash of my boat....... Haha
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

A few tweaks:

Keep that up and Alan may hire you as a head designer Tim. The motor box is a definite must as well as the rope guard. Wouldn't it be correct on an older boat with the center rear scoops to not have the mid section on the transom and just the swept line?

I forget if there was a correlation year wise on this or it was completely random when it did and did not surface.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 5:32pm
Nerd alert but that does look nice and I like that font the best
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2014 at 5:46pm
I like Tim's adjustments, but I'm shocked he did not add a 3-blade acme.
and yes, I would remove the external lifting ring block bump.

edit:   and the uni-brow is too high.   (wet foam)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
  Share Topic