Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Loud Pipes Save Lives

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
Author
martin 74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin 74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2014 at 4:44pm
First drawings look like the pre tower Ski Dim logo to me.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2014 at 8:53pm
edit:
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2014 at 9:13pm
But, the idea of removing the block bump was so you could make the CCFan logo bigger.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2014 at 2:38am
wow...how cool is this...

gonna haveta buy a couple of these.

Are long sleeves a possibility Alan?

Large logo on back & CorrectCraftFan logo on front over the heart?

I do like Tim's White Lake effort too.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2014 at 2:45am
I would be stylin in one of those.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2014 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

wow...how cool is this...

gonna haveta buy a couple of these.

Large logo on back & CorrectCraftFan logo on front over the heart?

john

+1 But no CCFan logo across the transom. Front on the chest !!!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2014 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

While for 30 years you guys have been able to buy your Ski Nautique shirts we have had zip. There will be more Ski Nautique shirts for you to buy in the future I'm sure. I think you can let us have one.

What about the lowly American Skier?

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

john

I didnt think you needed long sleeves in FL?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2014 at 11:09pm
Just like they don't need salt trucks in Georgia Steve
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Just like they don't need salt trucks in Georgia Steve

thanx Gary..you got my back..us old phone guys gotta stick together.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 9:37am
Here's our latest, we're getting close to putting this one to bed so if there are any glaring issues please point them out now or we have a winner.

This image will be on the back and there will be a Correctcraftfan.com logo on the left chest.

Once we open the store for the season this shirt will be offered "For one month only" in customizable shirt options. Meaning you will be able to select between a standard T or a lighter weight fitted T in several color options. We will take orders and custom make each piece.

After that first month of sales we'll pick a shirt color for the design and build some inventory for at once sales, no customs after the first month so watch for an email from Keith and don't miss your one chance for a custom shirt.

I'll post some options for the next design, I think a long sleeve option makes sense for an early spring release so stay tuned.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 10:21am
Looks gook Alan and I for sure will buy a few.... Couple things I would fix on the boat are the aft step pads....Starboard isn't complete and the port gunnel is notched into the step pad as if the hull is designed that way. Should the rudder and prop hang that far below the boat or is it drawn so that you can tell what it is? Other then those issues....I Love it!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 10:24am
Looks darn good to me.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 10:30am
Right on Magic.. Go to press !!!! I'll be in for a couple !!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 10:30am
I like it!
Do you think it looks cleaner if you loose the I/O "block" in favor of a simple "check" incorporated in the center of the hull line? Like Tims rendering?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 10:49am
Alan, I made some tweaks, as the details were a hodge podge of different boats/years... tried to make it a little more consistent with a ~'67-68. If you cant work with this file, I can tell you exactly what I changed:

I assume a black tee will be one of the options?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 10:52am
Will the boat come in Blue?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Looks gook Alan and I for sure will buy a few.... Couple things I would fix on the boat are the aft step pads....Starboard isn't complete and the port gunnel is notched into the step pad as if the hull is designed that way. Should the rudder and prop hang that far below the boat or is it drawn so that you can tell what it is? Other then those issues....I Love it!

All good points Tim... but the deck actually does have a raised feature around the step pad areas, so I wouldnt touch that part. The prop and rudder could be tucked up a little tighter if you wanted it to look more realistic.

The clean transom looks good but that center pad is pretty distinctive CC... I think it has to stay.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 10:57am
steering wheel is on the wrong side....
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 11:12am
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

steering wheel is on the wrong side....

Haha! I like the added detail. Looks good.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 11:43am
I thought Tim was going to say something about the seats. I like 2-piece windshields better. Ill have to do some Sharpie modifications to mine.

There did seem to be too many scoops before. It's way good enough for a t-shirt already...
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 12:08pm
Looks great, Alan! Very stoked on the different option for the color and fit.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 12:40pm
Got it guys, we'll do one more round of edits tonight and that's it.

I think we gave my guy too much information and he really didn't have one good boat photo to work from that's how we ended up with the Frankenboat. for the record you guys are a pretty typical customer , we do this dance all day long.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 12:45pm
The Frankenboat had a little bit in for everybody, but I knew there would be one tough customer. Drawing looks great!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 1:15pm
Bruce, maybe we should add some transom graphics, a platform and maybe a tower so the newer boat guys dont feel excluded? I love each of the Mustang iterations, but mixing and matching the details just looks wrong.

Alan, I'd apologize for being a pain in the ass... but you know better than anyone that the devil is in the details, ha. Thanks for humoring us (me)!
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 1:15pm
Looks great. Will they come in Baby GAP sizes?? I like my shirts a little snug.
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 1:17pm
Thanks for all your hard work on this Alan, we certainly didn't make this easy on you.

I'm with Mars on the colors and fits, that's really cool.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 1:25pm
Tim, I think it's perfect.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Thanks for all your hard work on this Alan, we certainly didn't make this easy on you.

I'm with Mars on the colors and fits, that's really cool.

I agree

Now, all we have to do is add the Nautique Surf Pipe to the exhaust

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I apologize for being a pain in the ass...

We wouldn't have you any other way Tim!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I apologize for being a pain in the ass...

We wouldn't have you any other way Tim!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
  Share Topic