Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pics of your tow vehicle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2324252627 29>
Author
Brewski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2016 at 7:42pm
For those of you who are thinking ... That's not a '97 Sport
Brewski
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2016 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

I see Pete a but more like this. Little Missy might spill her ice cream cone in the back seat if you try this in your Escalade on the way to soccer practice.
the anti soccer mom car

Wow! That lesbian can sure drive that Subaru!

Were it my old Subaru, every twist, turn and drift would be marked by a nice line of oil from a leaking head gasket or a scored tarmac from the rod thrown through the bottom of the engine. I think the Subaru engineers spent MUCH more time on that car than mine!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2016 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Wow! That lesbian can sure drive that Subaru!

Steve,
I guess I'll need to look for a lesbian Subaru mechanic.

BTW, my lesbianmobile had the head gaskets changed when I purchased it. My straight mechanic say's he could tell by looking at the gasket edge they used the good multilayer gaskets.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2016 at 10:43am
Andrew, love the black and red Sport! So do you own both the Sport and a Ski Nautique? And what are the details on the truck, hard for me to see what it is?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2016 at 11:03am
Pete-
All this gay car talk makes me laugh.... I drove a metallic orange MINI Cooper convertible that triggered many comments. Who cares! Enjoy what ya got...

Now in the Porsche circles, I hear the Boxster is a girls' car - whatever! Having those cars were/are fun. Don't care who says what ... silly talk!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2016 at 4:41pm
A big test for the lesbianmobile was today and I'm very pleased. 2300 lbs. of bricks plus about 400 lbs. for the trailer put the gross over the 2400 max weight rating but it did fantastic in the 150 miles of moderate hills. Yes, you know there's a load back there but I found braking and acceleration to be very reasonable. With all my boats and trailers coming in under todays load, I sure won't have a problem.

The bricks are going into my house renovation/addition for the air tight wood burner hearth and back wall. I went shopping for plain old clay common brick only to find they don't make them anymore. All the brick these days are concrete with the core holes. The core holes would have been exposed at the ends of two solder courses so they were out. These are "Chicago pink" reclaims and will create the rustic look I wanted anyway.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2016 at 5:03pm
Proud of you Pete. Another member of the small tow vehicle society. It doesn't take a gas hog to get the work done. Love the Chicago pink reclaims. That should look sharp!
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2016 at 5:11pm
Nice work Butch
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2016 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

everytime I see this garage I just go 'wow'

what are the orange markings on the driveway for Pete? Looks like how we used to mark buried cable or drops...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2016 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

what are the orange markings on the driveway for Pete? Looks like how we used to mark buried cable or drops...
john

John,
Wisconsin Public Service is scheduled to come in tomorrow or Thursday to disconnect the gas line and pull it back from the house for the addition/renovation I'm doing. Lot's coming up the drive - A gas line to the shop, another to the house, cable, the phone drop to the house and electric to the shop. The overhead electric drop to the house was pulled last fall and then new was buried from the shop to the house. Frontier is supposed to be here with WPS for the phone drop. We'll see if that happens!! The phone drop needs to be re routed to a new NIB on the shop.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2016 at 10:43am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

john

John,
Wisconsin Public Service is scheduled to come in tomorrow or Thursday to disconnect the gas line and pull it back from the house for the addition/renovation We'll see if that happens!! .

Here's what I ended up with. I made the mistake of running into town and not being present when WPS showed up. I pulled into the driveway and they had just finished the disconnect of the gas line. Questioning the placement of the yellow marker right in the middle of the driveway, all I got was "this is where we were told to cut the line"!! Well, the Sawsall is coming out before the excavator pulls in and breaks it off!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2016 at 11:22am
Sometimes we'd have to wait down the street for hours for the customer to leave Just so John doesn't have to ask,what the heck is that white stuff ???
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2016 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Just so John doesn't have to ask,what the heck is that white stuff ???

Gary, I am surprised you have to ask. Pete moved near an old salt mine, he has piles of that stuff all over the place. It is actually 78 degrees and sunny all year round in northern WI. The piles of salt give you that ocean smell without having to deal with the actual salt water. It is amazing - I don't know why anyone would want to move or winter in Florida   
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2016 at 11:57am

Sometimes we'd have to wait down the street for hours for the customer to leave

Gary,
Trust me, I will be here when Frontier shows up to reroute the underground drop from the house to the new NID on the shop. I don't need a "cable guy" install! My local Frontier "tech" did come by when WPS was just finishing the gas and mentioned he would run a drop on the ground. Then, I informed him the drop was directional bored under my neighbors driveway because there wasn't an available pair in the closest ped! I got the impression he doesn't like to dig! BTW, I do know where those "cable guys" got their wiring techniques!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2016 at 3:59pm
LOL...salt mine. Yeah...to melt the 'other' white stuff.

Sometimes we'd have to drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee just wait for the customer to leave so we could do the job the way we wanted to. Everybody is an expert! But in this case Pete....you better be on-site the whole way. Got an awful lot to co-ordinate. Gary can chime in but....in Ohio we used to try to have 'job meets' if we realized that other guys we gonna work on-site. That way when you hit someone else's line they were there to fix it.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

snp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2016 at 7:45pm

Here in Australia.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2016 at 9:09pm
Good to see you have roll bars on both the truck and the boat!

Nice looking rig!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2016 at 11:13am
What the heck is that, looks kind of like a Tahoe with a short box??
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2016 at 11:17am
I think it's a Ford, like the one they made out of an explorer by putting a bed on it,can't remember what it was called. Sort of like a mini Avalanche
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2016 at 11:20am
Sport trac
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2016 at 11:20am
Sport trac ?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2016 at 11:23am
It's neither. They have stuff down there not available to us here.
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2016 at 11:25am
Nissan titan?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2016 at 11:31am
Volkswagen Amarok
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2016 at 11:36am
Yeah, all the other countries have all the cool stuff. Especially hybrid trucks.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2016 at 12:06pm
Falcon XB. You don't see these at a portillo's often, but they run around my neighborhood from time to time..
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2016 at 10:21pm
I think the black one is a tribute to the Pursuit Special from Mad Max. Cool cars!
Old school goin back to school!
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2016 at 10:44pm

I think it's a Ford, like the one they made out of an explorer by putting a bed on it,can't remember what it was called. Sort of like a mini Avalanche

I believe the Ford Ranger is still available overseas, especially Australia.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2016 at 12:59am
Ranger...the group I work with has one in Haiti. Very tough..cool truck. I bet they'd sell a bunch of them here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2016 at 4:28am
Ford Australia now also have a wagon "Everest" based on the Ranger. Shame they make them in Thailand though instead of Australia. The design and R & D is still all done in Aus. at least...
Ford Everest
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2324252627 29>
  Share Topic