NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pics of your tow vehicle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2021222324 29>
Author
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2015 at 2:30pm
Wow Jerry, that Hondo is gorgeous! You had to be in tears when it left the driveway.

Congrats on the Tique!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
SteveHookEm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2015 at 4:04pm
Suburban!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 7:35pm
Even though it's served me well I gave up on my 95 Suburban 6.5 TD. 300K miles and It's in need of a injection pump, fuel solenoid module and a PCM. No one up here will touch it within 100 miles so my only choice was to spend almost 3K in parts and do it myself. Since it's not worth much and isn't drivable, it's going to charity for the write off. I started looking and thinking and decided on something more practical in the snow up here. I don't tow much. Maybe a couple 3 mile trips a year to the launch and then the longest would be a GL trip of 100 miles. I do have a utility trailer so if I need to get something big, it will come in handy. Here's what I ended up with:

It's a 2010 Forester. I found out quickly they hold their resale value very well!!!

ATTN: Gary,
Yes, it has heated seats!   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 7:47pm
Rear wheel Four wheel drive? Whats under the hood? It looks nice! Third row seats? (Smith family + friends...)
Js
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 7:48pm
And what's all that white stuff?
Js
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 8:09pm
Pete - are you going to put a front hitch on it?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 8:10pm
Pete, nice looking Forester. That's what Cherie drives and she loves it. Get's pretty good mileage on the highway too.

Do you have an aftermarket hitch?

-Phil
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

And what's all that white stuff?

Wisconsin's version of cooled seats. Mrs B will be happy for the extra storage
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 8:34pm
Looks like Pete donated his man card too
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 8:41pm
Sad to hear the 6.5 diesel Suburban is leaving, as you know I'm a 6.5 enthusiast. But I get it, takes some work to keep them on the road.

Forester looks very nice, if you didn't say 2010 I would have assumed brand new from that picture. My wife test drove one, and I drove it a bit, solid vehicle with a lot of capability in a small package.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 8:48pm
Jerry,
The Forester's are AWD. That white stuff matches the color of the lakes!
Chris,
Now that I welded up the front ball mount on my tractors hydraulics, I probably won't put a front receiver on the Subaru.
Kevin,
At least I didn't go for a red painted one!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I can't stop laughing, nice
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 8:56pm
Val's 03 Forester was terrible..... Multiple head and other gasket leaks. Repeated wiring harness issues. Crappy leather seats that wear faster than anything I've seen. Smells of fuel at cold temps, non-linear pedal acceleration ....... Hated that car. The above issues were seen on our daughters's and female employee's cars as well. BBAAAAAADDD year. Don't think I would ever let the women in my family buy another...............
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Val's 03 Forester was terrible..... Don't think I would ever let the women in my family buy another...............

One of the factors governing my decision is I have 4 friends who own them. 3 of them are MEN!!    All 4 love them and only one had a head gasket problem. Another factor is we have an independent mechanic in town who specializes in Subaru's so if needed, service is very convenient. I had heard about the head gasket problem and talked with this mechanic before I made the decision. He said from about 09, the issue is almost unheard of. I guess I'll see what happens?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 11:04pm
Glad to hear that the engine issues have been addressed. I awlays heard how reliable and bulletproof they were.... that has not been our friends' amd families experience.

It's like dating a girl that was bad to you.... when it's over, it's over.... doesn't matter how she's improved. Movin' on.........good luck with her.

Does the white come with the deluxe red interior?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2015 at 1:26am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

LOL...

it snowed up there already Pete?

hey Trey...love the look of the white tower!

really enjoy this thread.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2015 at 2:40am
I never thought of you as a Subaru Forrester owner Pete!Subaru Forrester review
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2015 at 7:09am
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2015 at 7:29am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

That's funny!! Never knew such things got rated?? I did not see a Suburban on that list?
Js
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2015 at 9:24am

Fits the stereotype around here.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2015 at 9:25am

One of the factors governing my decision is I have 4 friends who own them. 3 of them are MEN!!   

Amazing
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2015 at 9:50am
LOL.

My sister had issues with her earlier Forester as well... Not typical Subaru quality, I guess. Glad they got them sorted Pete. I bet the smaller vehicle will make it easier to avoid backing into things!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2015 at 10:05am
Seems as though with Pete's lifestyle change he enjoys backing into things now
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2015 at 10:22am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

LOL.. I bet the smaller vehicle will make it easier to avoid backing into things!

FYI, I haven't since that time you parked your trailer in the wrong place!

I do have experience with small tow vehicles. Back in the early 70's, I made the epic trip from Montana back home with my Land Rover 88 pulling a 12' U-Haul. I figured the trailer was almost twice the weight of the 88. With the 4 cylinder, I was down to 1st gear going over a couple mountain passes plus, on the flatter areas, it took some time to get it up to speed. I remember having that little 4 cyl. floored most of the way!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2015 at 10:33am

One of the factors governing my decision is I have 4 friends who own them. 3 of them previously were MEN!!   

Going from a burban to that is like going from Bruce to Caitlyn, lol

Biggest pos I have ever owned is my beater Subaru, it does start and run most days but after that it's a bucket of bolts just rotting away. Does have decent storage though!!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2015 at 11:08am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

One of the factors governing my decision is I have 4 friends who own them. 3 of them previously were MEN!!   

Going from a burban to that is like going from Bruce to Caitlyn, lol

Biggest pos I have ever owned is my beater Subaru, it does start and run most days but after that it's a bucket of bolts just rotting away. Does have decent storage though!!

Chris,
What year is your Subaru? FYI, my Suburban turned into a "bucket of bolts" quite a few years ago as well as having a very poor service record. Also, thanks for the encouragement on my purchase!   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2015 at 11:08am

LOL.. I bet the smaller vehicle will make it easier to avoid backing into things!

I do have experience with small tow vehicles. Back in the early 70's, I made the epic trip from Montana back home with my Land Rover 88 pulling a 12' U-Haul. I figured the trailer was almost twice the weight of the 88. With the 4 cylinder, I was down to 1st gear going over a couple mountain passes plus, on the flatter areas, it took some time to get it up to speed. I remember having that little 4 cyl. floored most of the way!

My little tow vehicle has had hours flat out. It's like automotive cross training. I think you will like that new car, It should suit your needs. 12' Uhaul, no problem! Mine tows it with ease, even filled with an apartment full of furniture.

1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2015 at 12:11pm
Popular snow car Pete, can't swing a dead cat in Vermont without hitting a Subaru...
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2015 at 12:27pm

Both our newer vehicles have cameras and sensors which before I experienced them would not have paid extra for. The trucks one makes it so easy to hitch up too. The wagon we have needs them too,newer cars seem to have a lot of blind spots now
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2015 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

can't swing a dead cat in Vermont without hitting a Subaru...

Jeff,
Sounds like you've been listening to Billy. I wish I had written down or remembered all the great euphemisms I've heard from him through the years plus, he always seems to come up with a new one every time I talk with him.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2021222324 29>
  Share Topic