NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pics of your tow vehicle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1718192021 29>
Author
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2015 at 11:36am
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Nice rig Jackie! I wish more manufacturers would make an affordable mid size truck with greater fuel economy. Hardly anyone needs a half ton that will tow 12,000 lbs. Hopefully Chevy wont price that truck way to close to the full size truck like Dodge did late in the Dakota's life.

I wish FORD would bring the Ranger back. Kapla picked one up down in South America, its a sweet truck, I am half tempted to buy one down there and ship it back. Maybe Seb will sell me his when he moves to his next toy...
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2015 at 11:50am
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Very sharp! What engine and tow rating?

It has 3500 lb. with a 4 cylinder. I had some doubts but several CCF friends said go for it". Local pulling, in an out of ramps, seems to be no problem. It takes hills better than the old S-10 with the six. Today's maiden voyage will be very enlightening.
My daughter bought the bling and my wife and son did a great job in placement and installation. The kid knows his ***************.

I live next to a guy that owns a towing service and garage and he was blown away by how well we did in spacing and lining up all the letters,
Thanks WhiteLakeRider.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2015 at 11:50pm
nice lookin' ride Jackie....gonna give it a good road test!

c'mon quinner....pony up for Maddie...I agree with MaryFran...a nice Mustang convert would be very cool!

Patti had a bright yellow stepside Ranger with nice rims and a killer stereo Steve...was a very cool ride!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
4psi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4psi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2015 at 1:54am
Originally posted by rosconole rosconole wrote:

A better pic

Competition orange 03-04 Cobra looks good! I had a comp orange 04 Cobra. Wish I still had it, they are hard to find.
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2015 at 11:01am
Well, I would show a new picture of my 2009 Suburban, but it is in the shop. Transmission went out at 87,000 miles.
Over 5 years old, out of warranty, $3,900 repair.....bummer!
Having to drive my old 2000 Suburban with 278,000 miles.
Not a happy boy!
MustangMadness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMadness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2015 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

Well, I would show a new picture of my 2009 Suburban, but it is in the shop. Transmission went out at 87,000 miles.
Over 5 years old, out of warranty, $3,900 repair.....bummer!
Having to drive my old 2000 Suburban with 278,000 miles.
Not a happy boy!

Find a used one in a local salvage yard, have it delivered to a local shop. More than likely half the cost..
I like a 6' beam on a small lake... My Muscleboat
1975 Mustang 225 307RH
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2015 at 12:39pm
Sorry to hear that Jim.

While they have the tranny out, might be a good time to look for any transfer case wear issues. Not sure they can see anything until theyt actually start to leak, but there's a well known problem of pump mounting pins failing and the pump wears a hole through the cast casing. The fix is easy, just an install of a more secure mount inside the case, but of course they would have to open it up to do so.

That price must be for a brand new tranny, I'm with Terry, look into a salvage or rebuilt one, would be a lot less money and likely still outlast the vehicle.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2015 at 12:43pm
If it makes you feel any better my 957 turbo has had to go back after a week due to engine management light, porsche dealer diagnosed cam shaft misalignment and quoted £6000 ($9000) to fix!! Thankfully Im not paying for it
'82 Ski Tique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2015 at 12:58pm
Jesus
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2015 at 1:04pm
+1 on the transfer case pin fix if yous falls within the time frame when that was a problem.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Cuda Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2015 at 1:45pm

2010 Trail Teams FJ... It does what I need it to do.
1968 Barracuda Super Sport
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2015 at 10:57pm
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2015 at 11:12pm
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2015 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

still one of my 'top 10' favorite boats on this site...

btw..what is the white stuff dusting the grass?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2015 at 12:28am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

john

Oh that's really funny John! NOT! Watching a high school soccer game this evening we had to endure rain and sleet. I just can't convince the kids and wife to move south, I am SO ready...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2015 at 7:58am

The pic of my '85 is the weekend I bought it. It was tough to buy a boat and put it in storage for 6 months.   
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

qfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2015 at 2:48am

chevy with our 86 2001
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2015 at 1:35pm
Hey Tim, welcome to CCF! Nice to get a picture of the boat AND the tow vehicle in your first post. How long have you owned it?
qfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2015 at 1:42pm
Thanks for the welcome. About 5 years now.The trailer project took longer than expected so last summer was the first time in two years it saw water...gone once already and again this Tuesday
terminaldegree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terminaldegree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2015 at 3:22pm
It's a little chopped off in the picture: '10 F150 4x4, 4.6 3v, 3.73. The tow mode on the 6-speed auto works great, but I'm probably getting only 13 mpg (at best) going down the highway at 65. My wife has an almost unholy attraction to this truck, and has quickly become addicted to owning a pickup.

p.s. CudaChris, I think FJ's are cool, and I love that color. Never taken a ride in one, though.
1996 Sport Nautique GT40/Acme 422
az426hemi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote az426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2015 at 6:49pm
Here is my tow vehicle for my 1971 Correct Craft, which was delivered today.

It is a 1968 SS396 El Camino.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2015 at 7:01pm
My wife's car was a nice tow vehicle when we got it, but with this serious upgrade it's amazing!

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2015 at 7:50pm
John,
Where did you get the CCfan plate frame?????

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2015 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

John,

Alan offered them a few years back. It is good quality compared to most frames. I had it on my other tow vehicle (Ion) but I thought that wasn't the image CCF was looking for.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2015 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Alan offered them a few years back.

Wow, I sure missed out on that! They sure would be a great item for Keith to put in the store.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2015 at 9:39pm
I proudly display my ccfan plate holder I picked up at GL 2 years ago. Very nice quality.
Pete, when you miss a reunion, you miss a lot.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2015 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

john

Oh that's really funny John! NOT! Watching a high school soccer game this evening we had to endure rain and sleet. I just can't convince the kids and wife to move south, I am SO ready...

you're kidding...right? still snow & sleet?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2015 at 9:49pm

Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Alan offered them a few years back.

Wow, I sure missed out on that! They sure would be a great item for Keith to put in the store.

Pete I had those made at a friends CNC shop, they were in the store but were a little pricey and took us quite a while to move them all. The last one went on the Hurricane.   He will make one off custom frames so if anyone wants one with a custom insert with their boat model or name just look him in here... Billetvault
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2015 at 10:17pm

John,

See what you miss,license plate frames and Chicago luxury car tow offs--

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2015 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by az426hemi az426hemi wrote:

Here is my tow vehicle for my 1971 Correct Craft, which was delivered today.

It is a 1968 SS396 El Camino.

I like El Camino's, and that's a seriously sharp looking one! Which was delivered today, the El Camino or the CC?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1718192021 29>
  Share Topic