NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pics of your tow vehicle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1213141516 29>
Author
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2014 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

2007 Jeep Commander with 4.7L V8 with tow package. Sure the Hemi would be better but it does the job.
-Keith

Keith don't bother get the new VM Motori ECOdiesel powered Jeep Grand Cherokee, they are a torque monster and will get 30 mpg. Need to get a picture with boat in tow though. Cool Jeep still Keith
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

That truck used to be in Seattle - was this an internet pic or did you see it in person?   pretty cool advertising
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2014 at 5:50pm
This month was a busy one,   but out with the old Cummins truck

and in with the new(er)7.3L truck

Definitely some work ahead of me to get the performance of the Cummins out of the new Powerstroke, but the cab space makes it all worthwhile

I am open to fuel economy recommendations if any of you powerstroke guys want to offer suggestions... the cummins with the banks kit was pulling 22mpg consistently... I haven't run a tank through this one yet, but I've been told to expect about 13... yikes
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2014 at 7:00pm
I hate to tell you, but not a whole lot you can do for mileage with a 7.3. Like all diesels if you go with an aftermarket tune, improve the breathing, you'll see some good gains, but never anywhere close to 20 mpg. Changing out the A/T tires for low rolling resistance fleet or highway all-seasons will pick up maybe 1 1/2 mpg.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2014 at 7:45pm
Thanks David,   any experience with the tuners? these tires are on the worn side, but still have some miles left on them.   I'll be considering the rolling resistance when it is time to re-up for sure.

I have considered the Extreme duty (AIS?) air box for breathing, any experience with that? or are you talking about exhaust upgrades?

I'd be pretty happy if I could roll close to 18 MPG in the end, but I suspect that will take some moderate upgrading to get there
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2014 at 7:56pm
I'm not sure what the best tune is for a 7.3, a co-worker is about to mod his and will be doing some research. Honestly the only way to really get some gains is to have a light foot on the pedal, run slower on the highway, etc. They just are not known for fuel efficiency. 18 is possible I suppose if you drive it very gently.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2014 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

Now that pic reminds me of something that happened two weeks ago. Tyler Thigpen, quarterback for the Cleveland Browns, was taking his coastal edition to White Lake for maintenance from Myrtle Beach. He was pulling his G with an Escalade and was passing a car. The car turned left and hit the front tire of the trailer. Now looking at that pic above, it's a long ways from the front of the vehicle to the first axle. How do you not see that ahead of you? Must have been texting. [/QUOTE]

That would be my bet Timmy.
DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 12:36am
1996 Jimmy w/ 4.3 pulling 1982 2001. Great combo.

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 12:55am
Perfect tow vehicle back in 78.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

newguy1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newguy1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 4:18pm

2006 F 250 6.0. i love that thing!
1986sn 2001
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2014 at 6:49pm
^^ nice!   love the tri color brown boat too DMH!   
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2014 at 12:44pm
Picked up this 2009 Suburban LT. Looking forward to hooking up the boat sometime soon!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2014 at 12:45pm
Well, can't seem to get the picture to post.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 11:53am
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

Well, can't seem to get the picture to post.

I have trouble when I try to upload, usually put the pictures online first and then link them.

Good luck with the Sub! I think you'll like it, I've enjoyed my '10 Tahoe. The tow mode works well, shift points are much different and locks out 6th gear.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 7:43pm
See if it works now!

All right
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 8:00pm
Jim, not many vehicles make a 21' boat look small, but ...... that's a beast!
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 8:17pm
Don't know why it looks so big in that photo but it's huge.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 8:35pm
Yea guys. Need a big vehicle. Work as a carpet rep for Mohawk. Load the back of that Suburban (and my previous one....277,000 miles) with carpet samples during the work week.
It sure does pull that boat great!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 9:35pm
Jim do you have the ability to see what your trans temp was / is on either Sub? Do either one have the extra trans cooler? I'm thinking of adding the auxiliary oem cooler for those long hauls
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 9:52pm
Gary,my 2000 4WD Suburban has the trans cooler, but not the ability to monitor the trans temp.
On my new 2009 2WD the trans monitoring is part of the electronics package. Will have to pay better attention, but seams to run in the 148 degree range. Have only towed a few times with it. Fifteen miles one way.
Pretty sure my new 2009 has the trans cooler, but need to check for sure. It does have the "towing package".
By the way. My 2000 4WD 1500 is for sale! 277,000 miles, and has been my daily driver. Leaks a little oil (rear main and valve cover) and still runs strong....no rust here in the South.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 9:59pm
Thanks Jim. I don't think a Suburban would even fit in my garage,my Avalanche just fits now    My temp was up around 195 ish pulling the 95 at around 70-75. Oem cooler and lines are cheap insurance for 85 bucks
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 11:28pm
Gary, what year is the Avalanche? The '08 and older have the 4 speed, '09 and newer 6 speed tranny. My '10 Tahoe gets to the mid 170's towing my Sport, I figure 4,500 lbs. with boat and trailer plus gear in the boat. That's on the highway, much lower on local roads unless I'm pulling a hill. I have the tow package but like Jim said I really don't know if that adds a cooler, I assume it does.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 11:33pm
Mid 17s pulling your Sport? That's as good as my Silverado 1500 gets not pulling a boat. We pulled a Barracuda to NC and a BFN back to Maine and I doubt we hit 12. It is a pig pulling a boat.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 11:40pm
I think he means temp Bruce. I got something like 14 going and in a terrific headwind home 11. It's a '10 Dave with a 3:08 gear and was using the tow mode. I'm very happy with it,got a lot of room to pack stuff in and still gets better mileage than the Town Car
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 11:53pm
Old tow rig- back in it's prime:

New tow rig- still in it's prime:
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2014 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I think he means temp Bruce. I got something like 14 going and in a terrific headwind home 11. It's a '10 Dave with a 3:08 gear and was using the tow mode. I'm very happy with it,got a lot of room to pack stuff in and still gets better mileage than the Town Car

Yes Bruce, should have said tranny temp in my post. I have 3.42 gears, haven't checked towing mileage by math but the dash readout says around 14 which based on other mileage I've checked is probably more like 13.
chase84 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chase84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2014 at 2:18am
[/URL]
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2014 at 11:04am
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2014 at 11:08am
Lower ball mount
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2014 at 4:33pm
dreaming...I had a 7.3 and put over 200k on it with modifications. I will say that the biggest MPG improvements came from a 80hp economy tune from DP Tuner (Jody Tipton). He customizes the tune for your vehicle if you have a intake, exhaust, turbo changes, transmission, etc. I had slightly oversized tires but could get 18-19mpg empty on trips. I didn't have a cold air intake but did have a Donaldson filter which came on 6.0 powerstrokes. Flowed a lot and filtered great. But I did put a free flowing muffler on so it was somewhat quiet. Straight pipe made no mpg improvements...I tried. Proper tuning along with a free flowing exhaust is really the only changes that can improve MPG. Also pretend there is a egg on the go pedal. hard to do but if you take it easy, it helps. My old 7.3 would run right beside my new 6.7 400hp/800tq powerstroke....again, I built it for strength and towing, not performance. My list of mods was LONG, but it was for reliability. Maybe this helps, but call DP Tuner....Jody will fix you right up!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1213141516 29>
  Share Topic