NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brand new 1995 Nautique hull

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 8>
Author
upsman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brand new 1995 Nautique hull
    Posted: June-08-2013 at 10:32pm
Hi, I am new to this forum and thought I would get some suggestions on what to do with this 1995 Nautique hull. I bought it from a retired Nautique dealer. This hull has never seen sun or rain and is in mint condition. It looks like a brand new boat without a motor and trans. Complete interior, cover everything perfect. The dealer was able to buy this boat as a display boat with the intention of finishing someday. That day never happened and now I have the project. I do have a 1990 nautique that I could use as a donor boat. I was able to post some pictures.
Thanks everyone

Derek
Florida Inboards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florida Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2013 at 10:41pm
I am sure their is a lot of interest in the project, What do you want to do? Throw a number up their! Trailer? If it is for sale you might want to post it in one of the classified sections of this web site.
Cheers! Welcome aboard!
Money Talks! BS Walks! and loose change rides the bus!!!
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2013 at 11:28pm
Pictures as well.
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

upsman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 12:05am
I have pictures, but having trouble posting them. Hope to post soon.

Derek
Bones71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bones71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 12:44am
Derek, what problems are you having posting pics. I got pretty good at it. Let me know and I'll help. Tony.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 12:50am
Derek, welcome to the site.

Number one- How to post pics

Number two- where in Ohio?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
upsman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 11:15am
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 11:39am
somebody wake me
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 11:46am
Wow!That is amazing!!
83Ski
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 12:07pm
What are you wanting to do with it?

Work on it and get engine and transmission for it/keep it?

Sell it?

I might be interested if you want to sell it???

1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 12:18pm
Cool find. almost a shame to use it, but a bigger shame not to. Put an engine in that looks as new as the boat, and go have some fun!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

upsman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 12:22pm
I would really like to find a donor boat around the same year with a good motor and trans that has been wrecked or sat outside and forgotten about.

Derek
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 12:46pm
Old thread , but does not say he sold it.

Or there is always NEW
1997 Sport Nautique
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 12:47pm
Looks like it needs more than a motor and tranny. Do you have the wiring harness, steering cable, fuel lines, battery cables, teleflex cables?
Is the gas tank in it?
I think the best thing to do is...
Sell it to me so I can put a stroker in it

After looking at the pics again I noticed the cover looks idenical to the cover on my '95. Then I noticed the trailer pad's with Ron's on them and the light bulb went on.
That's the same as the original cover that's on mine with a Ron's Nautiques patch sewn on the back. I'm guessing that's where my boat was purchased.
PS: Best made cover I've seen yet.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 1:16pm
Wow! Yes, that is a great find. An engine should be pretty easy to find. Just don't put an Indmar in it!

One of our members Steve has a brand new Crusader for sale. It's however a different vintage.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 1:21pm
Gonna be a sweat project thats for sure.

I like the idea of a stroker!
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 1:28pm
Put a tower on it and Chevy, should run great!
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
Oletela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oletela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 2:34pm
Put a diesel in it!
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 2:56pm
This sounds a bit unusual to me. Is there a Hull ID number on it? Did you get a title / bill of sale / paperwork with it?

I couldn't tell for sure in the photo of the bilge whether or not the aluminum engine bed is there. I don't see the tabs that the mounts sit on. A '95 would have been set up for a Ford engine.....

Art
"Art"
upsman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 3:25pm
Art,

This boat was sold as a display boat with no hull number or title to Ron's Marine. Larry Madlock at Nautique was the person that ran this down the assembly line minus motor, motor cradle, fuel tank, cables and some other small parts as well. It is fully wired, water tested, complete interior and exterior.

Derek
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 3:28pm
Do it right and make it a Zero Off boat right from the start. Putting a new Excalibur in there with ZO will make it essentially a BRAND NEW Zero Off equipped boat for a fraction of the price of a newer model. Even if you just flipped it immediately you'd make money if you ZO it right off the bat! Lots of people out there are looking for affordable ZO tractors right now.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Do it right and make it a Zero Off boat right from the start. Putting a new Excalibur in there with ZO will make it essentially a BRAND NEW Zero Off equipped boat for a fraction of the price of a newer model. Even if you just flipped it immediately you'd make money if you ZO it right off the bat! Lots of people out there are looking for affordable ZO tractors right now.

x2

go brand new with zero off.
This is the life
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 8:24pm
Any way you look at it, it's not gonna be cheap to get it all new then it's still only worth what an immaculate '95 is worth.
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 8:37pm
Sell it to someone in a registration only state, that will probably be a real PITA to get a title for here in Ohio.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by 65 'cuda 65 'cuda wrote:

Sell it to someone in a registration only state, that will probably be a real PITA to get a title for here in Ohio.

I would think the paperwork that did come with the boat plus the bill of sale in any state would be sufficient. ??

No hull #?? look on the starboard side upper transom. I must be there.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 10:52pm
A new bobtail PCM 343Ex is $8930 in the US. (Same engine is almost $14000 in Australia)

When you combine that with the rest of parts required you would probably have more in it than it is worth.

Maybe go the other way look for a complete bobtail pull out that somebody has exchanged for a zero off unit. I do remember Jody having a couple for sale at one stage.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Florida Inboards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florida Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by upsman upsman wrote:

I would really like to find a donor boat around the same year with a good motor and trans that has been wrecked or sat outside and forgotten about.

Derek

HINT!!! Screw the donor boat idea!!!! Step up, install a brand new EX330 PCM/Transmission. or maybe sell it to someone that would do just that!!
Amazing find!!
Money Talks! BS Walks! and loose change rides the bus!!!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 11:34pm
Ron's Nautiques..Manuta Ohio. Great guy & great dealer..until he went Mastercraft.

He did have a source for the best covers I have ever seen. I believe he had an Amish gentleman that made them.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 1:08am
FWIW I don't believe that boat can ever be properly registered according to USCG certification regulations, and I didn't even get into the state regulations. The Hull Identification Number (HIN) is issued by the manufacturer and the boat comes with a Manufacturers Certificate of Origin (MCO). With these documents and individual compliance stickers for component parts ( fuel system, electrical system, flotation, capacity, ect) the manufacturer certifies that the boat complies with all regulations in effect on the date of manufacture.

Is there any way to certify that this boat complies with all regulations? Is Correct Craft (now Nautique) willing to issue a HIN and MCO certifying it complied on whatever date it was made? Is there any way to know that the boat, intended for a display, has all of the structural components necessary to comply with the USCG regulations? Does it have flotation? Did they bother to put stringers in it? Or is it just a fiberglass shell? Was it built using less fiberglass and reinforcement to save money and weight?

Clue phone is ringing, answer it! It was made without a HIN for a reason!

IMHO I believe this boat is suitable only for putting atop a marina signpost for advertising as was intended after removing the interior and anything else of value. Go out and find a really nice one used, you don't want the problems associated owning and with trying to register this boat.
Sorry to rain on someone's parade.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 1:28am
Not sure about Ohio but in Iowa but we can register boats as homemade. County official has to come out, make sure the boat doesn't have any of the above (HIN, MCO) and you're good to go. Any documentation would help explain the process. We're going through this process with our 55' Chris Craft Continental which came with no paperwork. Make friends with the folks in the right offices and you'll find a solution. Theres a way to get this done, just have to exhaust all options....well worth it since you've got a beautiful boat waiting to be used!

No one as asked the #1 question.....How do you plan to use the boat? If you're a 3-event guy then explore the excel/Zero Off option. If not, find a power plant and go skiing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 8>
  Share Topic