NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brand new 1995 Nautique hull

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 8>
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 1:30am
Sad thing about the Munson sign boat is that it USED to be a really pretty mid-90's CB Malibu Response. Classic Malibu striping and logo. Then they made it into a ridiculous looking wake boat!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 1:35am
Only problem Chris is if you go to sell it,it'a a homemade 1995. Your Chris Craft being so old it might not make a difference. He needs to find a boat like KRoundy did,one a tree fell on,and switch everything.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 2:19pm
Do you really want to fill out the paperwork stating under penalty of perjury the boat is home made when you drag it in for an inspection?
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 2:30pm
private water does not need any registration or anything.

I'll take the boat.
This is the life
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 3:18pm
Think about that John, if he puts a SBC in there - did he make that?? If he builds it out of wood does he need to grow & cut the trees down??
Most home made boats would probably have some pre-mfr'd components, in this case it would just happen to be most of the boat, lol.

Your previous post/point is an interesting one however, I would imagine you should be able to determine if it's seaworthy. If in fact it was built using thinner material, etc., just put a ski challenger sticker on it and have at it.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 4:15pm
Our lake is private. I'd gladly take it off your hands!
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 4:30pm
Wow! She is a beauty. I had the same color scheme on my 95. It had a GT-40 Ford. Will have to look for pictures for you.
Good luck with it, this looks to be an exciting and interesting post, keep us informed? More pictures of the bilge?
Js
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Wow! Yes, that is a great find. An engine should be pretty easy to find. Just don't put an Indmar in it!

One of our members Steve has a brand new Crusader for sale. It's however a different vintage.

That hull is amazing!!!!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Wow! She is a beauty. I had the same color scheme on my 95. It had a GT-40 Ford. Will have to look for pictures for you.
Good luck with it, this looks to be an exciting and interesting post, keep us informed? More pictures of the bilge?

Derek that is very cool. I too would like to see more pics of the bilge.

For the exhaust system, do they just have the through-hull tip?
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by ny_nautique ny_nautique wrote:

Derek that is very cool. I too would like to see more pics of the bilge.

For the exhaust system, do they just have the through-hull tip?

What do you want to see in the bilge? It's empty.
If your looking for something specific I have some pics of my '95 bilge.
The exhaust thru hull must be in as you can see it in the picture showing the rear of the boat.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 6:06pm
Just wondering what else is in this boat... what else he'll have to buy and install, such as is there a mount for the steering cable and/or is it pre-drilled?
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 6:15pm
Why would treat this boat any differrnt than a "kit" car? Have the state or county inspect it. Then have them assign a "VIN" number along with permanently attaching it to the boat.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Only problem Chris is if you go to sell it,it'a a homemade 1995. Your Chris Craft being so old it might not make a difference. He needs to find a boat like KRoundy did,one a tree fell on,and switch everything.

Agreed, but like CQ said that's essentially what he's doing...maybe a bit of a stretch but it could be argued. With our '55 we simply don't have another option unless I find another one with all proper paperwork and badges (not likely but we're still looking).

The Avocado Queen came rotten but running with no papers so it'll be registered under another Skier's info. The gals at the Recorder's office agree it's going to rebuilt anyway so it's strictly a formality.

There's always a way to make it happen, just have to get creative. Too nice of a boat not to find a way to figure it out!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 8:12pm
Might never get the whole story but I have no reason to believe its nothing other than an incomplete boat. Ask Godfather and Jody they were both there in 95.
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 11:34pm
OMG. It's like a dream come true. I don't care what it takes I want to see this on the water. This is my dream boat......literally.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
upsman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 11:36pm
Thanks for everyone's input, It's giving me allot to think about. I took some more pictures of the bilge area. Let me know your thoughts

Derek   
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 11:43pm
Wow, wow, wow.... That is really cool.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 11:43pm
This will be a very nice boat when finished. Maybe you can find a donor boat.    Good luck on the registration process.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
upsman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 11:44pm
More pictures.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 11:44pm
I would give my left one for a boat that had never seen water. Wow congrats.

As a side note I have a less than 300 hour ex343 at the shop and some old stock possibly good 1.23 to 1 transmissions floating around. Starting point?
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 12:34am
I would love to see it on the water too, I just see the potential for a lot of problems. If you are willing to deal with them and are successful it will make a great boat with a very interesting history. Good luck and I truly hope it works out. CQ may have the most logical solution that I hadn't thought about, a kit boat may just be the ticket. As far as i can tell the certifications are not necessary for a home built kit boat and with your photos and documentation it is a good case to argue that it is a kit boat. Pretty sharp Chris!
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 12:45am
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

As a side note I have a less than 300 hour ex343 at the shop and some old stock possibly good 1.23 to 1 transmissions floating around. Starting point?

Sounds like a perfect fit!

Again, the biggest question....how are you going to use the boat?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 1:02am
Here's an engine in Atlanta.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 2:03am
Originally posted by upsman upsman wrote:

Let me know your thoughts.

I've been thinking about this a bit and will share some thoughts. I went out and looked at my 1993 (I was referenced early in this thread a the guy who found a boat that had a tree fall on it).

1) You will need a donor boat. Your 1990 might do the trick but even at that you'll likely be scrounging around for quite a few things.

2) I don't know what you paid for what is there but, with a new hull, a new engine and transmission sure would be fun. All new!

2.5) If you don't want to spend that much - that is OK: It is your boat! You could drop the engine and transmission from your 1990 in there and the boat will scoot down the lake.

3) What you have there is a real snapshot in time. That hull is already 18 years old. Please take a lot of photos of the details. I love the image of the interior light layout for instance.

4) There are so many little specialized pieces and parts that make up a ski boat. Others have mentioned things that seem to be missing:
- The straps that hold in the gas tank
- The metal brackets that go under the gas tank
- The engine frame
- All the stuff that mounts to the engine frame like the bilge blower, fuel filter, dog box prop rod, etc. The fuel filter and blower have their own special brackets too.
- All the cables
- The part that the steering cable mounts to
- All the plumbing for the water inlet
- The shaft packing (better check inside the rudder port too)

Buying these new will be a lot of money, for the stuff you can find.

5) Do you know somebody locally who has a 1995 boat who would let you look at it over and over to figure out how things are supposed to look?

Too bad you don't live close to Washington. I have some of the stuff from the list above from my tree-boat. But I have questions - I don't know if a 1993 engine frame would fit in a 1995 hull or not.

KRoundy
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
upsman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 10:51am
Kevin,

I will give you a call. All those little pieces and brackets may be hard to find. The gentleman I bought the boat from said that he has the engine cradle.

Thanks Derek
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 11:41am
Get that engine cradle!
I think one of the hardest parts to find will be the gas tank. You really do need to find a wrecked donor boat. Post on the various forums what you are looking for and hopefully someone will have something.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 11:45am
How could anyone desicrate that hull and swim platform with cover snaps? I don't care if he is a nice guy. He should be shot.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 11:51am
That's a great boat and a lot less of a project than a lot of people have taken on. The story about it being a "display boat" seems odd. If you like the boat, I'd spend the money to complete it.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 12:06pm
consider going electric. You might even get a grant to do it!
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

How could anyone desicrate that hull and swim platform with cover snaps? I don't care if he is a nice guy. He should be shot.

I have the same cover made and installed by the same place and I have to tell you it's one of the best/functional cover's I've seen. The snaps are out of the way in the underside of the rub rail not in the glass. The few snaps that are in the swim deck is minimal compared to the protection from the sun and elements it provides.
I have only had to put one light coat of teak oil on my swim deck since I've owned it (7 yrs) due to the protection the cover provides and the material is still like brand new, no fading, no separated seems, nothing, not bad for a 1995 cover.
I have been trying to find out if the company that made it is still in business so I could have one made for my '85 I feel it’s that good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 8>
  Share Topic