Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

West Coast?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2016 at 11:53pm
I am having trouble posting my complete post. It has allowed me to post the first paragraph. I am going to see if I can post the rest.

JD ski, slicing, dicing, and shredding since 1981

1999 Air Nautique, GT40 Pro Boss, Trail Rite trailer
1975 Century Resorter
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2016 at 2:00am
MrMcD. I am still trying to answer your question. I have had trouble trying to post all day.
The answer to the question" is there glass at lake Almanor" is YES. 7:00 AM to 10:30 AM is almost always glass. If the wind is going to pick up for the day you will know by 10:30 Rollers from boat traffic can be an issue even on a glass day. Going to remote parts of the lake is the answer. Some times you have to chase the glass as afternoon approaches. Then if the wind was not too bad during the day the lake may return to glass for a sunset ski. Lake Almanor is at an elevation of 4500 ft.

1975 Century Resorter
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2016 at 4:29pm
My vote would be for Orwood Resort on the Delta. I looked at the pics of Almanor which is beautiful but my definition of glass is different. There is Secret Slough for barefooting...glass all the time. All day. There are slalom courses nearby...and sloughs branch off in every direction leading to many waterside bars restaurants and theres Ski Beach. Lots for boaters and skiers to do. Hotels nearby. Camping. And it's in Brian's backyard!
This is the life
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2016 at 7:42pm
Andy,

I agree. Orwood is a great spot. When I was a kid, my Dad was a Commodore of a boat club, and we would have 50 families at Orwood, several times per year.

On the other hand, I love Jim's enthusiasm. We've been dancing around a get together in the west for several years, and no one, including me, has made it happen. So, if Jim is organizing, as he is already doing, I'm going.

One drawback to Orwood, is not much lodging close by for those who don't camp.

I've been to Almanor several times. Cool little old resort town. A few restaurants and bars. Campgrounds are great, but also cabins and motels at the lake.

Most mornings, hard to beat the the conditions. Afternoons, seems like it is alway windy as heck. Pretty much what we've come to expect at most of these reunion/gatherings.

Any time you are in the Delta with a few friends, let me know. You are welcome to stop by for an instantaneous CCF reunion. I live across the street from Rich Peters' old house, before he moved over to Diablo.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2016 at 9:29pm
Ok I don't want to crush his groove...Almanor is fine.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2016 at 9:56pm
And, if you show up, they probably don't see many barefooters of your skill level in that town. Will be a treat for the locals. I know of a lot of great Slalom skiers in Chico and surrounding areas, but not many barefooters. Maybe they are there, and I just don't know.
Regardless, I think it would be cool for anyone to see you do your thing. You might even get Jim and family started on the barefoot thing.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

NWCorrectCraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NWCorrectCraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2016 at 10:27pm
I actually started this thread a few years back am am excited y'all want to do this. I am super excited to see some talk about Barefoot waterskiing. My Son is the current boys 3 National overall champion. He is a sponsored skier with the World Barefoot Center. We would love to make the trip to the delta. Any of you know Weat Coast Willie?
"Looking for Glass and a place to Launch"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2016 at 10:38pm
Are you kidding? Glass Seeker (Andy) and Lake Boy (Roy) Ski with Willy all the time.

My wife knows Willy, and I've met him a few times as well.

Rich Peters (who I mentioned above) knows all those guys, and skis with them and many others.. That's not to mention Scott Pellaton, Mike Temby, and others.

Come on down.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NWCorrectCraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2016 at 10:44pm
We are great friends with Willie and Were with Scott at the World Championships in augest . We ski up here in Adna Washingtion at Lake Silverado. It's a privete barefoot lake. When y'all see Willie you mention my son Stefan he will know right away. My name is Jared we have a beautiful 85 SN 2001 that I watched get unloaded off the truck when it was new. Hope to see y'all
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2016 at 11:35pm
Yeah the circle is not very big...I know you Jared and your son...from FB...I know all those guys from Silverado...Doug...Joe...the whole gang. Im pretty sure you've got an open invitation to Twin Cities Ski lake from Mark Hobson who has the 409 DXII in red black silver metalflake...dagger gelcoat design. Willie skis there too. And there's Jerry over at Diablo Shores...these are all private lakes along the Delta.

Looks like for this get together they have settled on Almanor. Which is a beautiful lake. We don't have that clean clear water in the Delta.
This is the life

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NWCorrectCraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2016 at 12:36am
It is..... we are Facebook friends😜 Stefan is heading down to legions next weekend
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 12:30am
Ok, the thread woke up. I haven't been watching the news,I thought maybe the West Coast had dropped off into the Pacific or something. I will see if the site will let me post today.

Lake Almanor is a lake that requires timing. As long as there is not a storm present, glass is almost always available between 7:00 AM and 10:30 AM. If the wind is going to come up for the day ripples will be seen by 10:30. At this time wave runners and tubers start appearing. Then the roller waves remain most of the day even when the wind is not blowing.
I am going to see if this will post. I am tired of writing lengthy post and the site not allowing the post. Then I will add more later.

1975 Century Resorter
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 12:49am
Alright, short posts seem to be working.
The video that Glass seeker posted is great. it shows the West Shore and HWY 36 as it goes through the town of Chester. The is the 4 of July and the road is closed for a parade. It was only a few years ago when 100,000 people would show up the the 4 of July in Chester. That seems to have tapered off. Most local avoid the lake on the 4 of July as would be my recommendation. It would be all but impossible to find lodging, camping, or any water worth enjoying during the 4 th.

1975 Century Resorter
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 1:07am
The site is blocking my posts as spam again. I will try again later.

1975 Century Resorter
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 1:02pm
Just give it a couple minutes between posts. BKH
Livin' the Dream

KX6D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KX6D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2016 at 4:48pm
I'm all in. My 1956 Commuter will not be ready to splash in the next year, but I'll be there with another boat for sure. Its about the PEOPLE anyway, right?!
Dino - KX6D
1956 Correct Craft Communter
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2016 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by KX6D KX6D wrote:

I'm all in. My 1956 Commuter will not be ready to splash in the next year, but I'll be there with another boat for sure. Its about the PEOPLE anyway, right?!

KX6D It would be nice to see the boat when it is complete and or what ever state it is in next year. Hopefully, this will turn into an annual event so you can bring it at another time.
Unless I am missing something a Correct Craft Reunion is about an accumulation of PEOPLE getting together around a common theme The Boats Built by Correct Craft and everything surrounding that topic.

I sure that there will be people that are interested in the boating history, the classic boats, their beauty and correctness. Some will want to enjoy camping with their boat at waters edge, maybe even fishing. Others may want to tour the lake looking at the natural beauty and homes. Still, others will be along side me boarding their boat at 7:00 AM to fire up those engines and get on the glass to slice it, dice it, and shred it. This will be accomplished in on skis, boards, feet foot and/or skin. If the wind picks up kids might even be found on tubes.

1975 Century Resorter
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2016 at 11:07pm
If I make it ....I'll be the guy in the Sanger
This is the life
KX6D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KX6D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2016 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by JD ski JD ski wrote:

Still, others will be along side me boarding their boat at 7:00 AM to fire up those engines and get on the glass to slice it, dice it, and shred it. This will be accomplished in on skis, boards, feet foot and/or skin. If the wind picks up kids might even be found on tubes.

I used to water ski. Now it's more like trolling! Even behind my brother's Nautique, by the time I get up, I'm exhausted! Now I just like to drive the boat!
Dino - KX6D
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2016 at 12:13am
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

If I make it ....I'll be the guy in the Sanger

You may not be the only one, there might even be a Centurion or two. I might even bring the Century.

1975 Century Resorter
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2016 at 12:31am
Originally posted by KX6D KX6D wrote:

I used to water ski. Now it's more like trolling! Even behind my brother's Nautique, by the time I get up, I'm exhausted! Now I just like to drive the boat!

I should be driving the boat or left on the dock but I keep going out and try not to get hurt. I have had major health issues and that has made me push even harder. I have had to add equipment such as a helmet and should ware a knee brace,

I took care of a lady in my Emergency Room who was mad as a hornet that she did not get up on a single and she was mad because she crushed a vertebrate in the attempt. She learner to ski at 55 and crushed the vertebrate at 72. I have a similar story of another 72 year old I met on top of Mt.Lassen snow skiing. They have kept me inspired.

1975 Century Resorter
Alex47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2016 at 1:24am
I've been thinking about organizing/hosting a west coast reunion for awhile. Someone just needs to set a date and location and it WILL happen! Whenever, or wherever I'M IN!!

Or I will be forced to make it happen myself!

JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2016 at 2:59pm
It appears that there are some people interested in a West Coast Reunion. I realize that many of you including myself need to put in for time off from work and need a date set. As I stated earlier. In order to reserve Rocky Point camp ground we will need to wait until Feb. as they do not take reservations prior to that time. Then it is a phone race to see if you can get the time frame you want.

To do that, there would need to be cash available in the form of $500. 00 a day for that area. This could come in the form of a sponsorship from a Correct Craft dealer or Correct Craft itself. I have not had any time recently to contact potential sponsors. This would only need to be done if the majority of people attending want to camp. The issue of camping and how many days needs to be discussed. Camping would be my first choice 2-3 day, a fri plus a weekend, or a weekend plus a Monday. There are other options.

If people would prefer to stay in local hotels or resorts and make day trips to the lake, there are public beaches that could be used. Using the public beaches would eliminate the need to wait until Feb to make reservations and have money available to reserve the group camping spot. This would also change the group of sponsors I would be approaching. From what I see being done in the East sponsors may or may not be used. The closest Correct Craft Dealer to lake Almanor is over 100 miles away although they may still be interested.

In some cases groups have reserved camping spots individually at a specific location all attempting to get a lake front spot or at least 3-4 lake front spots and others can use this area as a central gathering area. If individuals could all get adjacent sites (highly unlikely, people stand in line to get into this location, and it is the same for phone in reservations) or even sites on a specific date this would allow control of how long people decided to stay. Individuals could handle their own finances and the up front money to rent the group site would be eliminated. For my sake this would be the easiest but I do not think this would work out well for the event.

If anyone or company is willing to sponsor a day or part of a day speak up.
Let me know if renting the group site is the direction you would like to go. This is my recommendation. If we get no sponsorship, the more people that attend will mean less money out of each persons pocket. If we can get approximately 15 paying individuals that drops the price to around $35.00 a day, times three days equals $105.00 for three days of camping at the group site.

I have put on events many years ago and once in a while you get surprised by the number of people that show up. Usually less than half of the people that say they will arrive actually show up. So, having a direction to go with funding is needed. and then a date. If a contact I have made comes up with a sponsorship as he has done in the past. All will be well and just showing up and having a good time will be all that is required.

So let me know if you want to camp (recommended) or stay at hotels or resorts. this will guide my planing efforts.

1975 Century Resorter
Alex47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2016 at 10:18pm
I'm more inclined to stay in a hotel if I had the option, and it's an easier sell to talk my gf to come along. But I'm not afraid to camp either. I'm good for whatever is planned.
KX6D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KX6D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2016 at 1:40am
Originally posted by JD ski JD ski wrote:

So let me know if you want to camp (recommended) or stay at hotels or resorts. this will guide my planing efforts.

I'm in a hotel, but willing to donate $$ to make this possible.
Dino - KX6D
Alex47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2016 at 5:25pm
It's 2017... Let's make it happen! Any updates?
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2016 at 6:00pm
I have made a few attempts at obtaining sponsors (PG&E and Correct Craft) in hopes of getting the cost of area covered. PG&E just referred my to another department and I have not had any luck in that direction yet. I have not heard back from Correct Craft at all.

1975 Century Resorter
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2017 at 4:24pm
I find if I write a long post the site will time me out and my post will disappear.   To fix this I copy the post before hitting the post reply button that way it will be available should the site block it.   On the next try it always works.   Don't know the reasons why but this work around helps.
Alex47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2017 at 9:28pm
Jim, we appreciate your efforts. Keep up the good work! Whatever is planned, I will try my best to attend!

JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2017 at 11:46pm
Alex47
I have not put on an event in years. In the past every contact I had with a prospective sponsor, I obtained some sort of funding. Either equipment was donated for raffles or funding. At this point I have not received any sort of return contact. Sort of depressing but not putting a stop to any plans. Just a change in the way to fund the event. In the worst scenario everyone will need to pay their share for the lake front camp area. The fee will depend on how many people show up.

1975 Century Resorter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic