NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1988 Ski Nautique project boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Kiteboarder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiteboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1988 Ski Nautique project boat
    Posted: March-23-2013 at 7:15pm
My 1988 Ski Nautique 2001, with 198hrs and a locked up engine. Great shape cosmetically and structurally.

jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2013 at 7:19pm
8 hrs./yr. that is low for an '88.

What is the current damage?
1997 Sport Nautique
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiteboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2013 at 7:50pm
It didn't get used much, floor and stringers look good. The engine got water in it some how, don't the whole history of the boat, it was locked up however. Owens racing engines in Pearland, TX is currently doing the machine work on it. I purchased some GT40P heads for it, from Clearwater Cylinder head in Florida.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2013 at 9:03pm
That will be real nice with a freshened up engine in it.
This is the life
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2013 at 9:23pm
What a great find!

It's going to run good with those new heads. Are you going to warm up the cam too?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Oletela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oletela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2013 at 1:28am
You buy that thing from Buxton here in Lewisville?
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2013 at 1:56am
Please put a cam and intake along with the heads!! You'll be pleased!

Nice boat!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiteboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2013 at 10:06am
I'm hoping the engine is finished this week, the machine shop is really good. New cam, rebuilt the holley 4160, doing some work on the GT40P heads, keeping the stock intake but doing some work on it also. Got a really good deal on the boat from Buxton Marine who was selling it on consignment for one of thier customers.
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2013 at 10:43am
That pcm engine incl. rocker covers and arrestor looks exactly the same as on my 82 tique - thanks for the photo as mine is dismantled at the moment and all the photos I took on the iPhone to help me put it back together ended up down the toilet!!!
'82 Ski Tique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2013 at 1:37pm
Wow, That thing is a star...... Buy it from Buxton marine I assume?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiteboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2013 at 3:16pm
Yes I bought from Buxton marine on a consignment deal, I'm thinking it just sat in a boat house most of its life since it has a little bit of oxidation on the transom but thats it.
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 11:06am
That is a sweet looking engine hoist that you have, very Heavy Duty

Nice find, low hours and in Beautiful shape. Good Luck with the new engine.
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 11:24am
I really dig that color scheme. It'll be a looker. The price was very right on the net if I remember correctly. Assuming you got a better deal than that ;).

Do what Chris(storm34)said and it will be a screamer.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiteboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 1:16pm
I gave them $3100 for it, and will probably end up spending about another $3k on the GT40P heads and rebuild. I thought it was a great deal.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Kiteboarder Kiteboarder wrote:

I'm hoping the engine is finished this week, the machine shop is really good. New cam, rebuilt the holley 4160, doing some work on the GT40P heads, keeping the stock intake but doing some work on it also. Got a really good deal on the boat from Buxton Marine who was selling it on consignment for one of thier customers.

Im assuming that you (and your machine shop) are aware that the engine is a RH (reverse rotation) and will therefore need a RH cam and reverse rear main seal? Need to pay attention to the piston direction if they have offset wristpins as well.

Boat looks to be in great shape!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiteboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 2:34pm
TRBenj, Thanks for the input, SKIDIM hooked me up with all the correct seals,ect for my engine. It was interesting to find out that PCM or whoever originally assembled the engine put the pistons in wrong. They should have all been turned 180deg.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 2:42pm
My understanding is that they dont need to be turned 180 degrees if the wrist pins are not offset. Many Ford Windsor pistons dont have any offset- so it is unlikely they were in backwards.

Where did you get the cam?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiteboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 10:01pm
The machine shop (Owens Racing Engines) ordered the cam. http://owensracingengines.com/
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2013 at 11:05am
How could the previous owner let a beautiful boat like that sit so long without using it? Looks like the hour meter will soon be spinning away! Nice boat.

Ken
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2013 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Kiteboarder Kiteboarder wrote:

I gave them $3100 for it, and will probably end up spending about another $3k on the GT40P heads and rebuild. I thought it was a great deal.

3100.00 Wow!! Holy moly! Great buy Congrats on the new boat and welcome too CCFan.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 11:24pm
Here's the PEF Plaques.

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiteboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 7:00pm
   slowly coming together
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiteboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 7:06pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiteboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 7:11pm
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2016 at 2:29pm
Now for sale $13,900
This might just be the highest asking price 2001 I've ever seen.
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2016 at 5:20pm
Ugh that tower.....
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2016 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Now for sale $13,900

You must have missed this one.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2016 at 5:40pm
Yea, that's up there alright. At least it is a Silver and has an Excalibur. I'd expect new wheels and correct decals for anywhere near that price though.

I was thinking more for a stock looking/appearing boat. There's also been a few "custom" jobs asking astronomical money too, which I didn't really consider either.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2016 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by desertskier desertskier wrote:

Now for sale $13,900

wonder the top speed with the EX 343...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2016 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

Originally posted by desertskier desertskier wrote:

Now for sale $13,900

wonder the top speed with the EX 343...

Its been done before on here, iirc they are a tad over 50
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic