NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What years did the offer the 4 cylinder

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678>
Author
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2014 at 10:50pm
Sharp lookin Bassett.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 12:25am
A minor update, but it seems like it's been forever. The engine finally got in

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 12:43am
Jonathan,
Look'n great! Keep the pictures coming. You even kept the original brass prop shaft.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 12:51am
+1 Jonathan,looks like she's hitting the water next summer for sure!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 12:52am
Thank you Sir! It's been a work in progress, I'm really glad I didn't rush things. Next is rebuilding the foot pedal, as the brass pin inside was completely wore out and the torsion spring was broke.

Also looking at T-moldings for the rear strut panel from this company a buddy recommended - http://www.tapeease.com/aluminum%20t-moldings.htm

Anyone have other suggestions? Still looking, and haven't used the search function yet   
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 12:55am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

+1 Jonathan,looks like she's hitting the water next summer for sure!

Yes! That or it's going to be up "For Sale" I really hope to make it to the reunion in Wisconsin.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 12:58am
What is the story on the pedal? Weren't you looking for one? Post some pictures of that as you work on it.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 1:04am
I will when I get back to MI to work on it. I ended up getting a foot pedal off of eBay, I originally thought it was a heel to toe motion(no spring back), since that's the way the other one is my buddy's Skylark. It has the torsion spring that is supposed to rebound it, after I bought it i realized that, so it needs a little help.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 9:14am
Jonathan, the boat is looking great! I'm sorry, but I forgot all about your pm awhile back. This is the stuff.

http://www.eagle-aluminum.com/Aluminum-Tee-Edging--1316-fluted-face_p_292.html#
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 10:44am
Originally posted by crabman crabman wrote:

Also looking at T-moldings for the rear strut panel from this company a buddy recommended - http://www.tapeease.com/aluminum%20t-moldings.htm

Here's another source besides Bruces's and your's

Also here's a direct link to the souce you found

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 10:52am
Pete, McMaster Carr's is too wide. 13/16" is the correct width. For some reason they only sell that size in the smooth.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Pete, McMaster Carr's is too wide. 13/16" is the correct width. For some reason they only sell that size in the smooth.

Bruce,
Thanks. Yup, I didn't look at the width.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 12:44pm
I assume you're talking about the trim for the removable floor panel. How do you attach that to the edge of the panel Bruce? It looks like it's meant to install in a slot.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 12:55pm
It does go into a slot and I've yet to make the slot wide enough to just slip in. I've had to use a rubber mallet to install it, which is ok as long as you have extra to replace it with if you ever need to remove the panel.

Jonathan, they'll cut the stuff into 6' lengths so it can be sent USPS/UPS.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

How do you attach that to the edge of the panel Bruce? It looks like it's meant to install in a slot.

Craig,
I don't recall how CC fastened it but I used some of the T for my battery box cover and I counter sunk for #8 oval heads on one leg of the T.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 1:20pm

It does go into a slot and I've yet to make the slot wide enough to just slip in. I've had to use a rubber mallet to install it, which is ok as long as you have extra to replace it with if you ever need to remove the panel.

So you're cutting a slot close to the edge of the panel? This gets installed on the panel side right, so you can still lift the panel out.

Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 1:24pm
No, it installs in the slot between the panels. It's screwed down from the top.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 1:27pm
No the T molding fits between the panel and floor.   The panel is not easily removable. The panel is screwed down with screws on the edge of the panel, then the T molding is installed and covers the screws, then as Pete said the T molding is screwed down, alternately into the floor and panel. Good thing about the rear panel is that the distance between the back seat and engine box is short enough so that the screws in the T molding can be hidden under the engine box and seat base.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 1:53pm
Got it. I was thinking that you were using the "barbs" on the middle T as the sole means of retaining the trim. I've seen the J trim pieces that come pre-drilled 6" on center and this T trim didn't have it, so I assumed you didn't use screws to mount it.

Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 9:27pm

Jonathan, the boat is looking great! I'm sorry, but I forgot all about your pm awhile back. This is the stuff.

Thank you. No worries at all, I just started browsing around for it. Summer is still a bit away.

Thanks for the links Pete
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2015 at 11:32pm

Finally in the water!! The side panels and the back seat still need to be put in though.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2015 at 11:43pm
You have done a fabulous job on her John,another one saved! Didn't expect anything less after seeing your others. Someday you'll have to make their debut at a reunion. Did you get the missing foot throttle straightened out?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2015 at 11:51pm
Thanks Gary    I wanted to this year, but the time frame isn't working to well. I did find one on eBay actually and got that sorted out.
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2015 at 12:44am
1st and 3rd shots are calendar contenders for sure, send 'em in when the time comes.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2015 at 1:09am
That is stunning.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2015 at 9:24am
What a beautiful boat! Nice work! Looks like you were able to get the steering wheel off to repaint the helm and the wheel.
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2015 at 10:44am
Thank you! I'll keep that in mind when the time comes. The old steering wheel was a pain in the butt to get off, luckily I used a puller from work. The helm I ended up powder coating.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2015 at 7:50pm
Johnathan,
It's sure looking fantastic. I's always a pleasure to see a boat where the restoration ia as close to original as possible. . If I ever come across it at a show, it would be a privilege to judge it if you chose to. Bring it to the Geneva lakes boat show at the end of September sometime.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2015 at 5:49pm
Here are a few more pictures I snapped a month or so ago. I might try to get a few more for before I take the beast out for the Summer.

https://youtube.com/shorts/D6xrs4xlDVY?si=uOaaduvSAlFcLOAU
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2015 at 5:51pm
Thanks so much! It would be a pleasure. I still need to do a few more things over Winter, but should be complete after that and I hopefully will be able to make a few shows this next year
https://youtube.com/shorts/D6xrs4xlDVY?si=uOaaduvSAlFcLOAU
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678>
  Share Topic