Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What years did the offer the 4 cylinder

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 8>
Author
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 8:36pm
That's a nice little turn out then, I will def. see what I can do and check some dates.
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

BTW, I don't feel it's 200 miles from MW to GL.

It's 201 miles, googe maps! I'll do it someday, just not this year.
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by crabman crabman wrote:

Sorry guys and girls, ended up getting busy with work and boat deals. Might be also getting the CL Tahoe deal if I can swing time off and if my Dad ends up going down there to pick it up. So turningpoint84 I might be in touch soon about those side panels if there still avab. sooner then later I will keep you posted.

TRBenj Thank you for posting, that's amazing and he did a superb job.

8122pbrainard I will work on getting some people together in the next month or so. How many people usually show up ?

Any word crabman?

No rush on the panels they don't take up much room!
1970 Mustang
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 3:39pm
turningpoint Sorry I've been crazy bust trying to figure out everything lately. I am going to look and see if I can get them this weekend or possibly the next. I also wanted too look at that Tahoe too when I'm down there as I might purchase that for a parts boat. Have you looked at it all ? Was wondering the condition of the trailer to make it back to MI. I will let you know ASAP on those side panels when I have better concrete times.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 4:10pm

turningpoint Sorry I've been crazy bust trying to figure out everything lately. I am going to look and see if I can get them this weekend or possibly the next. I also wanted too look at that Tahoe too when I'm down there as I might purchase that for a parts boat. Have you looked at it all ? Was wondering the condition of the trailer to make it back to MI. I will let you know ASAP on those side panels when I have better concrete times.

If the trailer is crap i have one that will make it to michigan, we can swap, would just need to figure out how to get a non working boat off and on another trailer haha.

Not in the best condition.

I've thought about buying the boat as a parts boat as well, but no room!

If you do go look at it and buy, please swing by with the boat! I'd like to see if myself, any luck talking to the owner?

Any luck with more pictures of your dad's boat?
1970 Mustang
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 4:57pm
After looking at these green ones I'll take one?
Did any one pick that one up in the Cincinnati area?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 5:34pm
Not sure, i was going to but GF is not a fan.
1970 Mustang
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 6:41pm
dochockey I am hoping to head down there ether this weekend or the following to take a look at it. I do have a few extra pictures at home of it that Mike sent me but it needs a ton of work on really only good for parts.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 6:57pm

dochockey I am hoping to head down there ether this weekend or the following to take a look at it. I do have a few extra pictures at home of it that Mike sent me but it needs a ton of work on really only good for parts.

email me the pictures, or you better bring it by!
1970 Mustang
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 2:14pm
So it's been a busy couple of months but the boat is back in MI finally. I had to head to work in Ohio for the next three days but will hopefully be back in MI this weekend to work on it. I'm going to clean the oxidation off a bit, I did a spot with wax and looks much darker then I originally thought (sea foam). The MC number I am pretty certain was MC 1819. It originally came with a foot panel so I'm on the look out for one of those, so if any of you know a lead on one please let me know, thank you.
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2013 at 11:43pm

Does anyone know where I can send the upside float bowl out to or have a place where I can get parts ? The boat I don't think is Sea Foam anymore the more I look at it, seems to be a darker green then I first thought.
Also has anyone seen this engine cover ? This is the first time seeing this vintage.

Anyone with interior pieces for this vintage let me know. The last picture is the rig I drove back with a sight unseen Jeep actually turned out to be a decent deal so far.
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2013 at 11:51pm
Crabman i love your boat and I respect your skill set in seeking out and bringing home something you really want. Must feel good!
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2013 at 11:59pm
Thank you for the compliments, and yes it did just glad everything worked out and I made it back(2500 miles) okay since both items were bought sight unseen for me.I know the boat probably wasn't worth it to a lot of people, but I like the rarity of it and it's originality. Come to find out it also came with a foot pedal, which the original kick panel still had the markings on, which I love. It should have came with cockpit seats but, I will find out a little more this weekend.

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2013 at 12:56am
Congratulations on pulling it all off. That was quite a trip to make but it is a cool boat. As far as the color, varying light, oxidation, and the inconsistencies of computer screens makes color judgements hard. This isn't the first time color has been undecided. But based on the one with the good coat of rain, it appears to be turquois. If you haven't seen it yet, check out the color wheel in the 66 brochure in the reference section. That makes the boat just that much rarer and cooler as sea foam was very common. Good luck with the project.
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2013 at 9:55am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Congratulations on pulling it all off. That was quite a trip to make but it is a cool boat. As far as the color, varying light, oxidation, and the inconsistencies of computer screens makes color judgements hard. This isn't the first time color has been undecided. But based on the one with the good coat of rain, it appears to be turquois. If you haven't seen it yet, check out the color wheel in the 66 brochure in the reference section. That makes the boat just that much rarer and cooler as sea foam was very common. Good luck with the project.

Thank you, it was and the Jeep struggled a bit, but luckily made it. I am going to try to do some buffing this weekend and take a few more pictures after but I think your right with the color.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2013 at 10:03am
Yep, thats no seafoam... teal/turqoise for sure.

Get a better picture of the entire motorbox... that one shot makes it look like the typical glass box used over the narrower V8's pre-1970. That bump out in the front is something I havent seen before though... normally it is flat. Anything on the front of that 4cyl motor that would necessitate that bump out?
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2013 at 10:32am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Yep, thats no seafoam... teal/turqoise for sure.

Get a better picture of the entire motorbox... that one shot makes it look like the typical glass box used over the narrower V8's pre-1970. That bump out in the front is something I havent seen before though... normally it is flat. Anything on the front of that 4cyl motor that would necessitate that bump out?

I will this weekend. From recollection I can't remember why it would have a jaunt out like that but it also has three hinged straps on the back which had me confused and there all the same, so I would assume it came from the factory that way (super small engine cover). Also I laughed a little when I saw the prop: 11 1/4 X 10. Tiny one.   
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2013 at 11:27am

Here's a few updated pictures of the resto, the deck had a few more spider cracks then I would have liked but can't complain too much. The sides I thought turned out very well. Still have to do the other side though.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2013 at 11:52am
She's cleaning up nice good to see it's in good hands
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2013 at 12:11pm
Looks great.
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2013 at 3:16pm
Thank you, yea I couldn't see another go to waste :) . I hope to get the floor out this next weekend, still in search for a donor boat with an interior though. Been browsing CL, EBAY, and here of course.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2013 at 7:59pm
Jonathan,
I somehow missed this thread lately! That hull sure came out looking great.

Are you still in need of help with the Zenith updraft?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2013 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Jonathan,
I somehow missed this thread lately! That hull sure came out looking great.

Are you still in need of help with the Zenith updraft?

The sides have fared fairly well,the top has a lot of little spider cracks from the AZ sun though but I sort of expected that. I have a friend that's a gear head looking into it now. Do you have any leads on rebuild kits or possibly where to send it too if this doesn't work out ? Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2013 at 11:41pm
You could try here for carb parts. How about some pictures of your floor? I suppose back then you just had a plywood floor,I don't think the pans came until later.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2013 at 11:44pm
I'll get some pictures of the floor this next weekend but you are correct in that it's plywood. It looks like some also tried to glass the plywood at some point. It how ever looks like the original floor and there is still the foam underneath that most people take out.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2013 at 11:54pm
My 64 American Skier with the same engine had a grey painted plywood floor with no foam. So that should be easy for you to do. I think back then foam was optional
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2013 at 12:07am
Thank you for the link by the way. I didn't know that, I might have to look into that then. The floor isn't horrible but, it's one of those things since I'm in there I might as well do it.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2013 at 12:14am
With what you guy's have done with your Dads Mustang I'm sure you will have no problem John. By the way I went back and saw your floor pic's in the beginning.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2013 at 10:33am
I hope I can at least get it close, he had his all re-gel'd, at some point I will but that probably won't be for a few years. I just need to find a donor boat for the interior, I have my eyes on that one in Cincy but for some reason the guy won't call me back (fingers crossed).
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2013 at 11:39am
You dont want or need a donor boat for the interior, unless youre talking about the fiberglass stern seat base? I am not sure those were used on the early Mustangs though.

Prior to late '68 (or early '69), the front seats were built using wood frames. The plans for them are on the site somewhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 8>
  Share Topic