NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What years did the offer the 4 cylinder

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 8>
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2013 at 9:33am
Nice mustangs! Green one is a '70, is the blue one a '69 or '70?

The more I think about that rear seat base, I bet the bottom portion was cut off.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2013 at 11:28am
Nice fleet John,you guy's look like you might like Correct Crafts Your Dads and mine look like twins.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2013 at 11:50am
Thank you for the kind words, we def. like the CC's. The Green Mustang is a 69' and Gary's twin is a 70'. Were always on the look out for the next one
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2013 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Nice fleet John,you guy's look like you might like Correct Crafts Your Dads and mine look like twins.

Yeah can you take some more pictures of your dad's. Looks a ton like mine also, minus the ss and HM engine. We got triplets! mine is a 70 also.

What should a 1970's navigational light look like? is it a smaller one? or the bigger one's like on the 68's?

Also crabman you mentioned you were in OH, you could look into this 1966 skylark? it has a super sabre v6.

I also have a couple of parts that the skylark is missing, rub rail an a few other things, might be a cheaper option and would leave you with plenty of room to buy parts to it.

1966 for sale in cincinnati
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2013 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by turningpoint84 turningpoint84 wrote:

Yeah, but that dash i believe was used from 66-68, the 65's look like they just had them placed in the dash and not on a panel.

and yes the deck is a 65 or earlier, it just doesn't add up date wise to me, unless I'm mistaken.

Ive never seen a Mustang with the American Skier style dash (individual gauges in the dash instead of in a panel) that youre describing. I dont believe anyone has confirmed that Mustangs were actually made in '65. If '66 was in fact the first year of the Mustang, then I would agree on that panel being used '66

My 1965 4 cylinder had the flat deck, floor shifter, foot peddle, and the gauges were placed individually across the dash. It topped out between 28-30 mph. On my lake there is it's identical twin with the exception of the engine. It's a V8. I will stop by and check it out again this summer. 15yrs ago when I talked to the owner, who was elderly, he said it was a 1964. Maybe the 1965 debuted mid year and sometime durring the production run they updated the dash. I've always wondered why the mustang wasn't in the 1965 Brochure.

Oh and john welcome to the site. It's a cool color good luck.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2013 at 12:16pm
Whats the hull number on that green boat? Another flat topped motorbox in a '69 with a H-M, what do you know! Still havent seen a H-M with the curvy glass motorbox, or a pre-70 with the flat top over anything but a H-M.

The bow light, rear scoop location, fiberglass buckets, dash and added front scoop were all '69 changes. Though, Ive seen some late 68's and early 69's with a mix of the new and old parts. The typical '69-72 bow light is that small round one, like this:

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2013 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

The typical '69-72 bow light is that small round one, like this:

THANK YOU!!!!!!

I was seriously going to rip out that small one and put in my 1968's, glad i didn't.

Well i officially have a nice 1968 bow light for sale.

I'll upload some nice pictures and post it in the for sale section.
1970 Mustang
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2013 at 1:30pm
Geez, you may want to check with us first on all of your parts swapping decisions!

Those earlier (larger) bow lights used in '67-68 are not hard to find... you can usually find a few on ebay at any given time. If the chrome is nice, then someone may want it though!

ebay1

ebay2

ebay3

The smaller lights are still available new. While they look very similar to the Perko 0972, the original light is actually a Sea Dog. (CC removed the metal piece separating the green and red lenses).
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2013 at 2:12pm
TIm,

I appreciate it, yeah i was definitely going to ask, well i kind of did.

Thanks for the heads up I have tons of more questions.

Also i guess $20-30 is still more then i had yesterday!
1970 Mustang
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 3:10am
turningpoint84 I will def. do that when I head back to Michigan for a few days. I will attach a few more, sorry old I phone photos but, better then nothing I guess.

Bakchose Thank you for the warm welcome and letting me know about the MPH.

TRBenj I will work on getting you the hull number on that also.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 11:55am
WOW! WHo re-chromed all you stuff? I'm going to get that done eventually.

Also Your boat seriously is my twin.

Replaced the steering wheel with one that matches.

Mine has a chrysler 273 in it.

Would love to see the hull # and compare it to mine.
1970 Mustang
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 1:00pm
Well long story short the motor had a blown head gasket so we decided to pull the motor. After pulling the motor we then decided to redo the stringers and gel coat all at the same time, which then lead to re-chroming everything. It's been a long journey but it finally coming together after being out of the water for about 5 years.

It is pretty darn close, I do love the horns though and wish we had those. Do you still have the original side panels then ?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by crabman crabman wrote:

Well long story short the motor had a blown head gasket so we decided to pull the motor. After pulling the motor we then decided to redo the stringers and gel coat all at the same time, which then lead to re-chroming everything. It's been a long journey but it finally coming together after being out of the water for about 5 years.

It is pretty darn close, I do love the horns though and wish we had those. Do you still have the original side panels then ?

Yeah and i have a set of originals on my 1968, that are yours free if you can figure out a way to get them. They probably need to be upholstered.

I'm tossing them out in the garbage come april, Spring cleaning is way over due.

WOW that you regelcoated and did the stringers, you might have one of the nicest Mustangs currently, quite jealous, this guy will get that treatment eventually, once i build/buy my dream house and then build my dream workshop.
1970 Mustang
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 1:25pm
Horns are available here if you want them.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 1:30pm

Yeah and i have a set of originals on my 1968, that are yours free if you can figure out a way to get them. They probably need to be upholstered.

I'm tossing them out in the garbage come april, Spring cleaning is way over due.

WOW that you regelcoated and did the stringers, you might have one of the nicest Mustangs currently, quite jealous, this guy will get that treatment eventually, once i build/buy my dream house and then build my dream workshop.

I would be interested in them for the 4 cycl. Where are you located by chance ? We have some for the 70' mustang that ended up getting redone. It just needs to get finished, I drool every time I look at everyone else's though. The older CC's have something about them and no 2 are alike it seems.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 1:55pm
All you guy's really need to think about going to the GL Reunion this summer---
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 2:16pm

Yeah I wish, I'm going ot vegas the 24th-30th, then i'm heading up to the lakehouse in august.

I'm honestly not sure if i'll ever make one due to me storing the boat in Northern Wisconsin.

Drive 722miles north, grab boat and drive 200miles south, then 200miles north to drop boat off, and then 722miles back home, sounds like hell haha.

Thanks for the horn link!

1970 Mustang
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 2:25pm

Drive 722miles north, grab boat and drive 200miles south, then 200miles north to drop boat off, and then 722miles back home, sounds like hell haha.

Still shorter than my 1070mile trek each way!

Jonathan, that blue boat is going to be a looker! Does it have the glass top motorbox or a wood box? Ive seen both combos over '69 H-M's. Both the blue boat and green one look to be in great shape... Id love to see more pictures! My '70 needs a lot of help to look that good. Hopefully we can start that process this year.

Fill us in on your Dad's Skier. Looks like a '71-73... what color/engine/windshield does it have? The late 60's Stangs and early 70's Skiers are probably my 2 favorite CC's- you guys have good taste!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 3:58pm
Is it in green lake every year?

I figure one year i'll plan to do my lakehouse thing, then head down with the boat to trailer it home to get the sucker totally redone.
1970 Mustang
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 5:51pm
Gary S Thank you for the heads up it looks like it would be a great time, I will have to look at the schedule and keep you posted. It would be great to get a big group to head over that way.

turningpoint84 Where are you located ? You have me thinking about those side panels :)

TRBenj It will once it gets done, just has been taking way too long. Just really need to take some time and get it finished. Hopefully this April or May in between putting docks in. The blue also has a flat fiberglass top, the green one is still all original and has never been touched that I know of or redone. They both have the fiberglass floors in tact, which I would like to find for the AZ boat but those are a little hard to come by these days it seems. As for the Skier I'll try to find some better pictures but I will warn you it's no looker, but just a great all around boat tool around in.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 6:23pm
Cincinnati!
I believe they're original ones, but I'm not sure how they were made. They were stapled on and are all white. They're pretty dirty too, need to be washed haha, but i figure if you guys are going all out, they would be great for getting re upholstered.

Here's a picture of them, obviously not the best picture. I can take better ones, if i didn't believe they were worth something to someone I would have tossed them a while ago.

1970 Mustang
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 6:45pm
turningpoint84 My uncle lives in Covington and has a little lake house on Williamstown Lake. They look like the original, don't throw them away even if I don't pick them up I am sure someone will. I will talk to my uncle or Dad and see if there planning a trip anytime soon and keep you posted.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 6:49pm

turningpoint84 My uncle lives in Covington and has a little lake house on Williamstown Lake. They look like the original, don't throw them away even if I don't pick them up I am sure someone will. I will talk to my uncle or Dad and see if there planning a trip anytime soon and keep you posted.

Cool let me know, that's a cool lake.

I'm just off exit 6 on I-71 in Oakley.
1970 Mustang
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 7:16pm

Careful on the floor pan idea, as I dont think they were used prior to '67. Take a look and see what Bruce did on his early Mustang, as that boat is beautiful.

Definitely consider trying to make GL, as the only thing better than the boats are the people who attend these events... Many travel from very long distances, and would be very jealous of your relatively close proximity. Highly recommended!
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 8:14pm
I will have to take a look and do a little more searching with in the threads. It.s not Bruce from the old Mid-West CC is it ? Do you have his screen name of hand.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 8:20pm
No, not Bruce from MWCC. Screen name = Riley

I was thinking he posted the picture in this thread... but it was Zach's:

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 8:42pm

I'm honestly not sure if i'll ever make one due to me storing the boat in Northern Wisconsin.

Peter,
I store my boats in northern Wisconsin as well but still make it to GL. Granted, I don't have the 722 mile one way trip but it's still 300 one way. Try to make it.

BTW, I don't feel it's 200 miles from MW to GL.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 9:31pm
My American Skier being a real basic boat just had grey painted plywood for floors,no sides or cushions. I like my fiberglass pan I now have in mine way better than the carpet I had used before.
Don't forget Brian who dragged his boat all the way from California with a 2 year old? too!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 2:49am
Sorry guys and girls, ended up getting busy with work and boat deals. Might be also getting the CL Tahoe deal if I can swing time off and if my Dad ends up going down there to pick it up. So turningpoint84 I might be in touch soon about those side panels if there still avab. sooner then later I will keep you posted.

TRBenj Thank you for posting, that's amazing and he did a superb job.

8122pbrainard I will work on getting some people together in the next month or so. How many people usually show up ?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 3:45am
2011 was the last official year with about 40 boats and 180 people,definitely not to be missed
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 8>
  Share Topic