NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 2013,, We're Back

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 21>
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2013 at 3:44am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Just got back from the painter, fab work is done and trailer is sandblasted but not coated yet. I'll have it back next week sometime. Then I need to hustle and get it wired, etc. I still need to build a folding bow stop and guild poles. Then get the boat to the glass shop for a windshield, then I have an appointment June 22 to drop it off for a custom cover. I'm gonna have some loose ends and I think we will christin it at the campground boat ramp!

Alan, if there is a man that can finish that work of art on deadline, it is you. I am sure you would like to have a few shakedown cruises under your belt before the big event, but it would also become a cool part of ccfan history if its maiden voyage after the restoration was on Green Lake during the reunion. Worst case scenario you would have no problem finding a tow back to the ramp .
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2013 at 9:41pm
I have not seen the attendees list update for awhile, are the numbers current? It might be time to shake the bushes and get a few more people on the list!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Bones71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bones71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2013 at 4:29am
I second that. Where's everyone at?
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2013 at 3:12pm
Well, I'm currently in San Diego at the moment and the boat hasn't made any significant progress as of late.

The good news is all my glass supplies, flooring material and missing parts are waiting for me when I get home. Hopefully it'll start going back together and the upholstery will be underway in the next 2 weeks!

Our schedule is still up in the air at the moment as we have a pending show in Charlotte. Might have to leave early, I guess we should drive up earlier.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2013 at 2:21pm
Ok guys.. One month to go for registering for this awesome event. Not sure where you guys are all at with your plans, but before you know it, we'll be there. Sign up now... WE NEED MORE attendees !!!! So get busy and hit the link up top and get signed up ....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2013 at 9:42pm
Dave works really hard on this, show him a little love by signing up today!
1987 Ski Nautique

85nautiquematt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 85nautiquematt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2013 at 3:15pm
I'll be there with my 87 Nautique however I hope it warms up a bit here in WI.
Nothin like the sound of a mid 80's Nautique at mid throttle.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2013 at 3:32pm
Hey Matt,
Great to hear you're on board... Yes, the Spring hasn't exactly been kind to us in WI so far.. But I do predict a nice 85 degree, sunny weekend for the reunion, so not to worry..

OK Peeps, about a month to go till the deadline for GL13'. Those thinking about going, please get registered so we can at least slaughter the right size hog for ya !!!!

We are still up in the air for a Thursday gathering, but maybe we can set up at the campground around a central fire once everyone arrives, Keg in tow...

Lots of new shops, new waterfront grill, new proshops are all part of the scenery in Downtown GL.. Along with the new facelift to the park's waterfront, there's plenty to see and do while enjoying your experience in Green Lake..

Not sure how the hotel scenario is for vacancy, but there's always a place to stay in GL..... Well except for the Historic Oakwood, which they blew up last fall....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2013 at 9:20am
5 weeks, I am getting excited.
1987 Ski Nautique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2013 at 12:34am
Just "upped" ...

....now to get the 73 together and running. Where the heck does time go?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 12:39am
Well I finally got myself on a working computer long enough to sign up. I went out to CT last weekend and spent three days training for GL, we footed on ice cold, rough water, we worked on strangers correct crafts, we imbibed, we ate well, and drove around in cool boats with fun people. So I am feeling pretty well prepared.

Sounds like the east coast contingent will start moving on Tuesday July 16th (4 weeks!). After a quick stop in Auburn NY for the night, we will be heading out relatively early Wednesday the 17th. We will be rolling through the cleveland area around midday if anyone wants to join the convoy over there... I think Adam Deen almost has gundriver convinced on joining up.. there is always plenty of space left in the easy coast convoy! Should be there in time on wednesday to set up camp and hit the goose while they are still serving food.

This is the big trip of the summer.. get there! Who else in New england wants to roll?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 12:46am
I'm happy to report that I've scored a spot at Hattie's and will make the long trek up from Madison for the weekend. I'm definitely excited to meet CCFans live and in living color!

See everybody in a month+.
800wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 1:32am
And pray hard for lots of sunshine between now and then. Was out on the Jetski this afternoon on GL as a storm rolled in (4 footers) and that spray is still REAL cold. Was old enough and wise enough to not actually get in the water.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 8:44am
glad to see some activity on the sign ups, welcome back Joe and whoever he can round up plus First timer Hansel. looks like we're going to have a great crowd. keep em coming, we need to have a firm head count by the end of June

wildcat, cold water has never stopped us before it's all in your head.
800wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 10:17am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

wildcat, cold water has never stopped us before it's all in your head.
In spite of spray hitting me in the face, I didn't think I drank that much that it would be all in my head. In the past in late fall, I've waterskied and two weeks later at the same location snowmobiled. So it doesn't stop me, either. But someone needs to look after Pete's welfare....
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 11:41am
Am I invited back??
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 11:46am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Am I invited back??

By special, in a short bus kind of way, invitation. It ain't the same without you dude.

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 11:53am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Am I invited back??

I figured you would just sneek in the back like usual..

I think we are looking at an easy 30 boats, time to make the push for 40 - bring em out kids, any talk of cold water is purely in jest.

However lack of boat or accommodations should not discourage anyone either – if anyone needs to fly in I (and I am sure others) can help with camping gear and certainly a seat in a boat, or you can drive mine around all weekend and give me a chance to ride around in a few others.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 12:14pm
As long as you bring beer Quinner....Joe is right, it wouldn't be the same without you there. especially at the Goose!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 1:09pm
GL without Quinner?? One could not even comprehend
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

or you can drive mine around all weekend and give me a chance to ride around in a few others.

I'm your man if you choose this option. I can spell you in spots as well, if you like.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 2:54pm
Consider it booked Brian! I'll even make sure all the fuel lines have been tightened!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 3:15pm
I call shotgun in Joe's boat! i don't think i want to drive it again....i tend to spend money on performance parts after i drive his boat!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 4:06pm
Welp thought this would be my year but I didn't realize a wedding I have to be at was on the same conflicting weekend. See ya next year.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Welp thought this would be my year but I didn't realize a wedding I have to be at was on the same conflicting weekend. See ya next year.

What is this now?? Better be family !!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

GL without Quinner?? One could not even comprehend

Where's the pic of him with the dog, or the beer bong between his legs hahaha.. Come on CQ sign up and make it official..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 4:36pm
Not family but close enough. She would disown me for the rest of my life if I didn't come to that Dave haha. HW will be down in Indy that weekend for a wedding to so we can have a CCF mini on the river with the N3 crew and others. Probably foot it up then go grab some adult beverages.

I feel crappy I can't make it.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

I call shotgun in Joe's boat! i don't think i want to drive it again....i tend to spend money on performance parts after i drive his boat!

This sounds like a plan I can fully support, Brian and Paul in the 83, that leaves me and a couple lonely blondes back at the sandbar with a yellow promo (or classic… I am not picky). Always happy to take one (or two) for the team. Zach- seems like at some point between Wednesday and Sunday night you should be able to find your way to GL for a bit.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 5:25pm
I was thinking maybe that Joe. I guess I could leave late Friday night. Wedding is at an odd time 11 on Saturday morning.

Maybe I could just commission my boat driving buddy to fly me to the lake. Maps says 5 hours and 53 minutes. I bet I could do it in 5:20 with the boat.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2013 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Zach- seems like at some point between Wednesday and Sunday night you should be able to find your way to GL for a bit.

+1

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 21>
  Share Topic