Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1980 Ski Nautique rearview mirror

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1980nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1980 Ski Nautique rearview mirror
    Posted: January-05-2013 at 5:22pm
Anyone out there have an Idea of the origional application for the rearview mirror on a 1980 ski nautique??? I know its off a truck or bus but I don't have one to compare it to, Brackets are missing too!!!! Name-brand, length / width Thanks
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2013 at 12:03pm
Brackets are CC-specific, the mirror is not. You can get the mirror on ebay or other online retailers for ~$30. Its a "West Coast Pyramid Back" style.

West Coast mirror on ebay
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2013 at 12:16pm
I've got one off a 1974 Skier I'll sell with the brackets for $30 plus shipping.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2013 at 3:09pm
Bruce what was happening in Maine back then? Seems the canvas guy's had way too many snaps and needed to get rid of them
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2013 at 3:21pm
They still do. If you have a custom cover made, you better remember to tell them either no snaps or to put them just under the gunnel, or else you will find them on the deck or half way down the hull.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2013 at 7:14pm
Thank you TRBenj I will look for one. I need to get dimensions 7X17 6X15 etc.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2013 at 7:17pm
Thanks Bruce. Do you think the brackets and mirror for a 74 will be comparable to an 80 Thanks Ken
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2013 at 9:45am
I'll take some better pictures of it and get mesurements this week. I don't know if it is exactly like what ws used in 1980. Maybe Tim B could chime in on that?
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2013 at 10:40pm
I'm pretty sure those mirrors were made by Velvac, or something like that. It is a standard, radius-cornered truck mirror in a stainless steel shell. The brackets were made by Correct Craft, so you're on your own about those. I can tell you that they have to be offset a bit toward the rear of the boat in order to clear the windshield. Due to the offset, they had to be made in lefts and rights. I could probably provide you a rough sketch from memory if you want to PM me a mailing address.
"Art"
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2013 at 10:53pm
I am on the road right now, but I could measure the mirror on my 1980SN later this week. Then you could see who it matches up to that 74 mirror. You should have holes on / in your dash to check the distance between the holes.

Be warned, my boat is a very special (Cypress Gardens, Sea World and Bush Gardens) Boat so it may be different.

Donald

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2013 at 7:56pm
Thank you Donald your boat Sounds like a one of a kind

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2013 at 8:01pm
Thanks Art I PM'd you Ken
merbesfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merbesfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2019 at 1:18am
Old thread alert. I need a new mirror. Mine looks like poo. Looks like a truck mirror as others have mentioned. Boat is at lake and don’t know dimensions. Does anyone know what they are or where I can find a nice looking replacement? The mirror is ok, but all the plastic edges are cracking. Boat is a 1984 SN 2001. Thx, Mark
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2019 at 9:13am
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263951115718

It’s a west coast mirror head, ~7x16, with stainless housing and a pyramid back. The grommet holding the mirror in should be white. To be perfectly original, it would say velvac on the back. The 90’s GM truck mirrors seem to be a perfect match.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merbesfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2019 at 11:03am
Thx Ben. This is what I currently have. Found a pic. Well I can’t figure out where to upload a pic. Doh!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merbesfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2019 at 11:12am
Thx again Ben. Just found a Velvac mirror on eBay and bought it. Now to figure out the water pump part needed. 351W and it’s leaking water under the engine water pump while running. Figure it needs a new one but not sure what or where to buy that. Do these old boats have parts manuals?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2019 at 2:01pm
On the circulating water pump you could have a leaky seal or leaking gaskets.

If you want to replace it, you could look at the link below to SkiDim for a bi rotational 351w marine pump

link

or you can find one elsewhere if you want to shop around and save some money.

You could Google "351w marine water pump" and get lots of results like in the link below.

Be careful because not everything in the link is a marine pump, read the descriptions closely   

Most pumps you'll find these days for a marine 351w are bi rotational

link

83CCSN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83CCSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2020 at 12:38am
I have an original 1983 mirror and brackets for sale. PM if interested. Located in Oklahoma
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic