Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Underwater lights

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
825KI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 825KI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Underwater lights
    Posted: November-29-2012 at 7:55pm
I temporarily mounted two underwater OceanLed lights to the swim platform inner brackets.

1982 Ski Nautique
1982 K5 Blazer
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2012 at 8:23pm
is that the multicolor one or just the blue? also, how long would you say the beam is, and on a scale of 1 to 10 how clear would you say the water is?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
825KI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 825KI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2012 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

is that the multicolor one or just the blue? also, how long would you say the beam is, and on a scale of 1 to 10 how clear would you say the water is?

Color is Blue

Around 10'-12'

The water clarity I would give it a 5-6.
1982 Ski Nautique
1982 K5 Blazer
jbach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2012 at 12:14am
after some extensive research, i just bought a couple of coastal night lights in blue as well. im hoping they'll look decent in our muddy rivers here in the southeast. that florida water is a 10 in clarity compared to what we have.
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2012 at 12:28am
Holy Moly those are some exspensive lights
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2012 at 12:50am
I have wanted to do that for years but just cant justify the expense for the limited night boating I do.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2012 at 1:30am
Very cool look.
825KI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 825KI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2012 at 6:53pm
I have the T3 trailer series which are comparable to a 50W halogen. In average water conditions they have around 10' of light penetration. They recommend using a green light in brown or fresh water,which I should have gone with. I wonder what the Fish and Game or Sheriff’s department will say when see me running around with my blue lights on?
1982 Ski Nautique
1982 K5 Blazer
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2012 at 7:31pm
I float a lot at night but theres no way I'm drilling holes that werent already there is my only problem.

I have two very nice options here at the shop if anyone is interested. One option is expensive the other is affordable.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2012 at 10:08pm
Jesse,
My only question is WHY do you need the the lights??? Have you been over at PN too much? Is your heritage one that also likes to under light cars? What are you really trying to light up??? Fish???

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2012 at 10:34pm
For fishing and shrimping what else Pete?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
825KI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 825KI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2012 at 3:31am
Why not, need to break the mold a little. By no means is it a all original boat so why not have a little fun with it.

1982 Ski Nautique
1982 K5 Blazer
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2012 at 5:39am
Ah, pics of the k5 please.    They are awesome too.

I personally like the lights idea.   Not because of heritage though.    We swim quite often at night and those lights would make it more comfortable for some.

Now, if they "breathed" or in tune to music, that might be a little too much, but my kids would like it.   
If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
825KI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 825KI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2012 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

I float a lot at night but theres no way I'm drilling holes that werent already there is my only problem.

How about this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-LED-DRAIN-PLUG-LIGHT-1-2-NPT-12V-Underwater-Boat-Waterproof-drainplug-/190649028759

http://www.atlanticmarineinc.com/products/Ocean-LED-Trailer-Boat--Series-Underwater-Lights-T3sDP.html

Or maybe 5200 a bracket to the transom and run the wire along with the speedo tube?
1982 Ski Nautique
1982 K5 Blazer
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2012 at 1:58pm
Good idea. Our boats don't have rear drain plug holes. It would work on a Ski Supreme.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2012 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Fishin', shrimpin'... and don't forget about pimpin'

I feel like the un-original aspect wouldn't be very noticeable until the lights were turned on.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2012 at 9:14pm
A friend of mine bought a brand new Moomba and he took the back seat and and gas tank out and drilled holes for the for those lights under the platform. I couldn't drill holes in a new boat.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2012 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Fishin', shrimpin'... and don't forget about pimpin'

I feel like the un-original aspect wouldn't be very noticeable until the lights were turned on.

Very good point!! Yes, Jesse must be going pimpin!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
825KI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 825KI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2012 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

Ah, pics of the k5 please.    They are awesome too.

I've owned it now for 12+ years and it's gone through some changes.
1982 2WD Blazer
Then
3" suspension lift, 32" tires, custom drive shaft, 700R4 trans, rear air bagged

Now
Two piece custom drive shaft,400HD, 12 bolt rear, crate motor, lowered spindles and springs, rear air bagged
1982 Ski Nautique
1982 K5 Blazer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2012 at 4:40pm
Nice.   I was thinking they all were 4x4, guess not. I bet it pulls the boat nicely.

Around here, Wisconsin most have more rust than metal, and are tall enough to make it make my wife cringe.   She thinks only rednecks drive those. Won't she be surprised when I find one.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2012 at 6:13pm
My wish is to find a 54 Suburban to pull the 54 Atom!! Original of course!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2012 at 1:46pm
suburban

Not old enough, but you might be able to fit the Atom in the bed.

It's close too, and I'd be willing to check it out.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2012 at 6:00pm

This was last winters project   it came from texas looking like a former texas hunting lease pig . i gave to my son for his birthday last spring
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2012 at 6:07pm
K 5s rock.I had a beautiful 87 Deep bule deep blue top with factory wheels and 38's on it. The hood was taller than my shoulders! First year for fuel inection too!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2012 at 6:35pm
Pete if those lights are too bright youre just too old. I think the atom would look great with some green ones.   

As for the blue ones the consensus amoungst our local law enforcement types is in the water, or as courtesy lights wasnt going to draw too much attention but anything up on the tower (or hifly) would not be appreciated.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
825KI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 825KI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2012 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

i gave to my son for his birthday last spring

We had planned to do the same. Buy our son a 1992-95 K5 but I could just see it on it's roof or stuck in the mud. Instead he got the wife's old Volvo station wagon.
1982 Ski Nautique
1982 K5 Blazer
Vesack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vesack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 4:18am
Originally posted by 825KI 825KI wrote:

I temporarily mounted two underwater OceanLed led lighting to the swim platform inner brackets.

Are they effective and how much it costs you?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 12:18pm
I do think they are pretty cool to be honest with you but I'd never drill holes in mine just to install some underwater lighting but that is just me. Maybe I'd feel different if I lived on clear water and was out at night allot.

Just an FYI as I'ved talked to several guys regarding Blue LED's for Bikes and etc. In GA it's against the law to have Blue lights on any motor vehicle (except the classics who have them in their tail lights) as that's the color of all police vehicles.( some are mixed with red). Not sure if it applies to boats but I'd check to be sure as I'd hate to find out the hard way after all the effort that went into installing them..

Here's the Statute.....

Georgia Code - Motor Vehicles & Traffic - Title 40, Section 40-8-90
(a)(1) Except as provided in this paragraph and subsection (b) of this Code section, it shall be unlawful for any person, firm, or corporation to operate any motor vehicle equipped with or containing a device capable of producing any blue lights, whether flashing, blinking, revolving, or stationary, except:

(A) Motor vehicles owned or leased by any federal, state, or local law enforcement agency;

(B) Motor vehicles with a permit granted by a state agency to bear such lights; or

(C) Antique, hobby, and special interest vehicles, as defined in subsection (a) of Code Section 40-2-77, which may display a blue light or lights of up to one inch in diameter as part of any such vehiclés rear stop lamps, rear turning indicator, rear hazard lamps, and rear reflectors.

(2) Any person who violates paragraph (1) of this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

(b) The prohibition contained in subsection (a) of this Code section shall not apply to any elected sheriff who, pursuant to an agreement between the sheriff and the county governing authority, is using his or her personal motor vehicle in a law enforcement activity, provided such vehicle is marked as provided in Code Section 40-8-91.

(c) It shall be unlawful for any person to use any motor vehicle equipped with flashing, blinking, revolving, or stationary blue lights in the commission of a felony, and, upon conviction of a violation of this subsection, the punishment shall be a fine of not less than $1,000.00 or imprisonment of not less than one year, or both.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 12:50pm
Special interest, I bet those lights would look cool out the glenn
Lakedog55
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 12:52pm
Typo "at the glenn"
Lakedog55
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic