NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Reunion Dates SET!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1516171819 26>
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2006 at 12:03pm
79, We'll be in #3.

Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2006 at 12:24pm
79' I haven't been able to track down the owner to discuss the mooring situation personally.. I will make some calls again.. I know we we forced into making a decision on our slip for the season back in January.. I don't know how many they left open to weekend rentals this year...

They also have a bunch of bouy's in the harbour as well for mooring.. I'll get the low down and post it as soon as I can..

Moj'
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2006 at 12:34pm
Alan are you heading up Thursday or Friday?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2006 at 1:36pm
79 , Right now the plans are to be there Thursday night probably after 9. Maybe earlier if I can sneak out of work at noon but won't know for sure until July.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2006 at 1:56pm
I'm leaving Thursday morning hoping to have camp set up in time to take a cruise before it get's to late.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2006 at 2:44pm
We plan to be there Thurs mid day! Do want to be on the water! I think there will be several there on thurs!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2006 at 5:01pm
#25, and it looks like they have electric...Dang! Well I can fire up the generator for Hollywood a few times anyway.

BTW, Brian is bringing his 03 Team.
ccskier16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccskier16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2006 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Slicer Al Slicer Al wrote:

"Anyone have a Camping for Dummies book for me?"

"Camping for Dummies"? Don't you remember Colligate State tournament that year where it started snowing and we waited until cocktail hour to set up our tents? I think we learned how to camp that weekend.

Slicer Al

I think Mojoman has me figured out. My memory is telling me I made a bee line to the motel.
ccskier16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccskier16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2006 at 9:47pm
Here is a start.

I don't know what the landscape is like there so I may have put Hollywood in a gutter.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2006 at 8:51am
This campground is by far the nicest in the area. I'm glad so many of you decided to wait out the slowness in response from them. 79'has the best view of the lake and easist to find from the bar, which in the illistration is close to the main road to the bottom. As you get farther in the back, it's heavily wooded, very shady and quiet. Magicman-Alan must have some romantic notions with Mrs. Magic when he booked that one???The entire campground pitches uphill from the road back, with "tiers" of campsites.. CCskier, you'll do fine !!!,,, if not, just knock on Stang's "suite" door over at the Bayview hahaha doh'.....

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2006 at 9:07am
Mojo,

I told em to get me away from the rowdy's Just kidding, I don't think we'll spend much time there anyway.

Aren't the sites down by the boat ramp facing the small lake and the sites up front overlooking the big lake? I'm so confused...I told her since I was the first the register that I wanted the best site in the park and she put me near the restrooms. Go figure. I have been accused of being full of ..... I guess my reputation preceeds me.
Slicer Al View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slicer Al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2006 at 9:44am
Does anybody have a good map of the lake? Shows contours, depths, things of that nature? It would be nice to have a map before being on the water.
Slicer Al
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2006 at 9:57am
Alan,
Yes, from what I remember, this is true.. The layout posted is a little hard to interpret, plus there are more than one driveways entering the campground.. What, don't you have a "crapper" on that rig of yours??? Maybe you could save everyone else in the park by staying inside the RV !!!!

Al, Yes, everyone will get a complete topographical map of the lake in their registration packet.. You'll want to take a look, but will probably never need it from a depth standpoint. Green is the deepest lake in Wisc with not a lot of trouble areas !! I will make it a point to show everyone where the shallows are and some of the lake rules on Friday night when we gather..

Moj'
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2006 at 11:15pm
I'm up in site 1 just across from 81

Rob
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2006 at 11:01pm
I have site 22 . This was most convenient for the little woman and kids,beings that we will be in a tent .

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 11:25am
IIRC, hollywood, myself, and two other guests are in 28 and 29.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 12:05pm
Sounds like the Campground will be taken over by estranged boat nuts come mid July.....

Great to see.... !!!

Moj'

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 12:36pm
It looks like we have about a third of the camp sites reserved so far.

Is there a sand bar on the lake where everyone hangs out? or do they tie up together in a cove in deeper water?
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 1:01pm
Chris,
How about a sand bottom and knee deep water?? This is where we will gather on Saturday afternoon for the boat show.. It's a bay Called Norwegian Bay on the Western edge of the lake about half way down the lake from the dock...

The rest of the lake offers deep, clear water, other than an area near the public beach where there is also an area to anchor in shallow water..

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 1:29pm
Sounds good that's kinda what I'm used too. On Wawasee they have a sand bar where it's waiste high where everyone anchors and walks around socializing. Other places I have been where it's deep they tie together and float and in that case I would need to get a couple of more bumpers so it sounds like I won't need any extra one's.

Thanks' again Dave

how's the back seat/cooler coming along?
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 2:37pm
Right 79', no boats will touch in this "floatilla"... Water's warm, clear and the bottom is all sand.. We have a few sand bars down in Lake Schaffer, but nothing like in Green.. You'll like it for sure. Great way to beat the heat !! Mingle, drink and clean the hull on your rig !! Life is good..

The cooler/seat/speaker cabinet is still in engineering stages.. I'll know something very soon.. Now where is the Amp going to go is still up in the air hahahaha...

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 2:46pm
I mounted mine to the wood stringer/support under the dash that supports the bow/windshield, hanging upside down across the corners on the amp. What model/brand amp are you using?
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

I mounted mine to the wood stringer/support under the dash that supports the bow/windshield, hanging upside down across the corners on the amp. What model/brand amp are you using?

Have no idea yet,, I'm still on the cooler concept..... I'll let ya know later...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 7:40pm
Just a reminder green lake gang, get a few of those flyers printed and keep em with you when you go to the lake. I passed out 3 this weekend and met a few possible ski partners.

All 3 CC owners knew about the reunion and may attend so word is out. Heck, one of them even knew who I was when he saw my boat, that was pretty cool.

Once again, I will send some to anyone that needs them so just e-mail me.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2006 at 8:49pm
Alan: The way that boat came out, you should get some "props"
It is cool when you meet someone off this site. I have been lucky to meet and hang out with tonydjd. And of course, 62wood. Talked to even more of you guys on the phone.

Mojo: Just worry about the cooler concept. Don't need no amp anyhow when you got them pipes singing. And no radio I ever heard of can keep them cold ones...cold.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2006 at 9:12am
Hahahaha, yeah Jbear, you've got a very convincing point.... And I do like "cold ones"....

Yes, we have only 2 months before the event. If you have been lurking and or thinking, please register. We are continuing to finalize the plans (which includes food for Sat night). Head counts of registered attendees are greatly appreciated.. So, lets see some more names so we plan accordingly..

Thanks,

Moj'
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2006 at 10:15am
Thought I would add our camp location...our boys are on site #36...the wife and I plus the youngest are @ the Bayview.

I am working on getting my brother to go...Sounds like they may come and tow one of our boats...we could have three there!

stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2006 at 10:24am
Gary,
How's things ??? Sounds good, bring them all !!! Hey are you up for Memorial day in Green Lake??? Give me a shout.. Looking to finalize some plans for the reunion... "I've got plenty of cold beer" !!! Bring the guitar !!

Moj'
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2006 at 11:52am
Hey guys whats up,

I've been gone and computer crashed!

Got alot of catch up to do huh...

Me and the guys in the band will be staying in lot 24 at Hattie, looking forward to partying with you guys!!!!

Hey Moj.... I just got your e-mail and will furnish you with all the info you need. I'll give you a call soon.

Just about done with the interior, Oh and 62 i will post some pics of the carpet to show you an example for your ride. Its a dark grey (Charcoal) Its actually black with white tips throughout, but i think it looks good and would match just about any color scheme.

Also Moj, I just finished making buildouts for the JBL 6x9's and 6 1/2's for the boat, not quite finished yet but will send photo's when i'm done. I'm running 3 amps....2 for subs(2-10's under the bridge)(1-8" tube under bow) and one 4-channel for JBL's Damn this stuff takes alot of time an $$$$$$$
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2006 at 11:54am
is it July yet? looking forward to meeting and hanging out with a bunch of yous guys (and gals). Do some skiing, sip on some cold ones and hopefully make a few of you laugh or atleast smile.

almost always a crowd favorite, the Powers Lake Boat Club.

plboatclub.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1516171819 26>
  Share Topic