Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help...boat wont stay running.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
leftseat88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leftseat88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help...boat wont stay running.
    Posted: June-30-2012 at 1:56am
Hey All,   5 days of vacation and boat won't stay running. I have a 96 sport with an EFI Ford motor. It will start but dies after about 2 seconds. When I turn the key 1 "click" or to the "run" position I should hear the fuel pump put some fuel into the fuel control cell. I don't hear anything at all. I tried to start it about a dozen times and it does the same thing every time. I think the fuel pump is bad, am I on the right path?
Thanks.
DLloyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2012 at 3:30am
This happened to me at the boat launch a few weeks ago. About 20 mins into diagnosing the problem I realized the kill switch by the driver seat had been pulled. If that is all good check the voltage at the fuel pump with a meter.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2012 at 10:21am
Also check out the FI relay. I have heard this is a common failure. It is near the rear of the engine as I recall.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
leftseat88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leftseat88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2012 at 11:30am
As always you guys ROCK!! It was the kill switch. It wasnt off the post but dislodged enough to cause the problem. Crisis resolved now I can sleep.
Thanks again.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2012 at 11:36am
Get yourself a fuel pump relay as Chris mentioned. They are nice spare to have could save paddling and a ruined ski trip.

GT40 Relay

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic