Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grounding Fuel Tank

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
sam57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2012 at 1:28pm
I should probably explain when I bought this boat the gauges were removed and the wires were cut. To make it worse, sometime along the way the boat was changed from 6 volt to 12 and an alternator was used to replaced the generator and a lot of the wiring was replaced and the only color wire used was yellow. It's been a real struggle getting things working. Maybe I should find somebody that knows what they're doing and have the whole boat rewired.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2012 at 2:06pm
Sam,
Get an engine manual. The wiring diagram will be in it. It's really very basic. I have a 4 and 6 Chris manual and it's in it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
sam57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2012 at 6:52pm
I ran a wire from under one of the sending unit hold-down screws to the rear of the engine block and now I have resistance when testing with an ohm meter from the tank to the block.

Thanks to all of you,

Sam
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2012 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by sam57 sam57 wrote:

I ran a wire from under one of the sending unit hold-down screws to the rear of the engine block and now I have resistance when testing with an ohm meter from the tank to the block.
Sam

How much resistance? Keep in mind per the previous thread and john's mentioning the USCG reg, it needs to be at or under 100 Ohms.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
sam57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 2:55am
I've been on vacation and finally got around to checking the ohms resistance between fuel tank and engine block. The needle on the meter goes almost all the way to the right side of the dial between 1 and zero. Is this good?

Sam
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 4:01am
Depending on what scale the meter is on, I would say you should be good!
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic