Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

80 SkiTique details-resto

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Tim C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 80 SkiTique details-resto
    Posted: January-28-2012 at 2:46pm
I'm a new owner, wondering if anyone can share pictures and measurements for upholstery and carpet details on an 1980 SkiTique. A code for gel coat color would be great too. I'd like to do the resto correctly. Or is there an official source for this? Will a Guru please speak? Final question- as I restore, and can't find original items like a steering wheel, is there an accepted replacement that this community deems appropriate? Wanna do it right! Thanks for your input!
Tim C
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2012 at 3:00pm
Tim,
How about some pictures as to what you are starting with. We'll keep you "in line" here with the original!

Looking though the Ref. section and the diaries is also a great resource. Explore the site.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2012 at 11:29pm
[QUOTE=Tim C] Final question- as I restore, and can't find original items like a steering wheel, QUOTE]

Put your nose to the grindstone Tim and start looking,you can find almost anything if you keep at it. Don't forget Correct Craft used hardware that was available to the entire marine industry,steering wheels like your Tique's were used on alot of boats in the 70s and 80's.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2012 at 11:53pm
Tim ,get ahold of Paul Carpenter, he's a member here but is not on that often.He has over the years parted out a number of Correct Crafts    pcarpenter2@carolina.rr.com      (980)581-0006

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2012 at 1:24am
Paul is a great source. He has helped me out with some original parts. Pics will help the group help you, plus we just like em. What are your restoration plans? Are you doing the stringers etc?
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic